Windows 10: Windows 10 pc crashes when playing videos

Discus and support Windows 10 pc crashes when playing videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. My windows 10 pc has been crashing lately when I play videos but it's kind of specific. It only has problems with videos on my hard drive. It plays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rockfordize, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 pc crashes when playing videos

Hi. My windows 10 pc has been crashing lately when I play videos but it's kind of specific. It only has problems with videos on my hard drive. It plays videos online fine. It can even play some videos on my pc fine as long as itunes can open them. But if I use windows players or vlc to open them they start out fine but within a minute or 2 they freeze screen and pc becomes unresponsive. The audio continues playing. Strangely it can play dvd videos fine without crashing. Recently had to reinstall windows because of this but the problem persists. Please help, thanks.

:)

rockfordize, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  3. windows 10 crash while playing a video

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur if the video/graphic drivers are corrupted.

1) Have you installed the latest video drivers for the PC?

2) Does this issue occur only while playing videos?

I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    I suggest you to run the Hardware and device troubleshooter and check.

• Type “troubleshooting” in the search box and click on
      troubleshooter

• In the left pane, click on View all

• Now click on Hardware and device and follow the on screen instruction.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Nafine Win User

Windows 10 pc crashes when playing videos

Troubleshooting help: YouTube videos won't play on Windows 10 PC

I just got a new Windows 10 PC & I'm finding that it won't play YouTube videos. Specifically YouTube. In the video area the loading indicator circles indefinitely and I see this message...

Additional info & steps I've tried...

• Netflix plays flawlessly
    • Other Macs, PCs, iOS & Android devices on the same network play YouTube videos no problem
    • I restarted the machine
    • Restarted the cable modem
    • The machine can do other Internet stuff fine -- browse websites, email, etc.
    • I cleared the browser cache & browsing data
    • I tried a different browser (I tried Chrome & MS Edge)
    • I looked under "Windows Defender Security Center > App & browser control" but I don't see anything there about blocking videos.
    • Turned off ad blocker
    • Tried connecting via Ethernet and wi-fi
    • No peripherals connected to the machine

System info

Gigabyte Aero 15x
    Windows 10 Pro<br>
    Version 1803<br>
    Installed on 8/14/2018<br>
    OS build 17134.228

Any help, advice, or further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nafine, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 pc crashes when playing videos

1. Windows 10 pc crashes when playing videos - Similar Threads - crashes playing videos

2. Computer Crashes When Playing Video Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Crashes When Playing Video Files: Whenever I select a video file from my computer and try to play it on any media player, my computer crashes and restarts. I've uninstalled the media players and reinstalled them. I've tried the troubleshooter in settings and it says everything is working. My computer is fine...
  3. PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen

PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen: Hello,Recently my PC has been crashing when playing video games and it’s getting progressively worse where I cannot even open any games without a crash.There is no bluescreen, my PC stays on and everything is on except my screen goes black and resets. I’ve done a stress test...
  4. PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen: Hello,Recently my PC has been crashing when playing video games and it’s getting progressively worse where I cannot even open any games without a crash.There is no bluescreen, my PC stays on and everything is on except my screen goes black and resets. I’ve done a stress test...
  5. PC crashing when playing video games, no bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Computer crashing from windows or when playing video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing from windows or when playing video: The title says it all. Ever since the last windows update, my computer which has had a history of crashing issues, although the update before last it seemed to have stopped crashing altogether...but its too late for me to rollback to that update now... crashes after a few...
  7. Computer crashing from windows or when playing video

Computer crashing from windows or when playing video: The title says it all. Ever since the last windows update, my computer which has had a history of crashing issues, although the update before last it seemed to have stopped crashing altogether...but its too late for me to rollback to that update now... crashes after a few...
  8. Computer crashing from windows or when playing video

9. Crashes when playing videos in browser

Crashes when playing videos in browser: Hello!I experience blue screen of death crashes when playing videos in my browser. I have the most recent video drivers and windows version.Crash dumps and msinfohttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AttUF1JsBjqjfRvtrzh2Z4pcWnQ?e=aOpAlOThanks for your help!BrHarald...
  10. Windows 10 crash when playing video games

Windows 10 crash when playing video games: Hello, I need some help with my computer because this is the second time this has occurred within this week but the first time crashing the computer. I mostly use my computer for gaming and surfing the internet. A few days ago, while I was playing my game, the game suddenly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 crashes playing videos