Windows 10: Windows 10 pc crashes when playing videos

Discus and support Windows 10 pc crashes when playing videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. My windows 10 pc has been crashing lately when I play videos but it's kind of specific. It only has problems with videos on my hard drive. It plays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rockfordize, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Windows 10 pc crashes when playing videos

Hi. My windows 10 pc has been crashing lately when I play videos but it's kind of specific. It only has problems with videos on my hard drive. It plays videos online fine. It can even play some videos on my pc fine as long as itunes can open them. But if I use windows players or vlc to open them they start out fine but within a minute or 2 they freeze screen and pc becomes unresponsive. The audio continues playing. Strangely it can play dvd videos fine without crashing. Recently had to reinstall windows because of this but the problem persists. Please help, thanks.

:)

rockfordize, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 11, 2019
  3. windows 10 crash while playing a video

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur if the video/graphic drivers are corrupted.

1) Have you installed the latest video drivers for the PC?

2) Does this issue occur only while playing videos?

I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    I suggest you to run the Hardware and device troubleshooter and check.

• Type “troubleshooting” in the search box and click on
      troubleshooter

• In the left pane, click on View all

• Now click on Hardware and device and follow the on screen instruction.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Nafine Win User

Windows 10 pc crashes when playing videos

Troubleshooting help: YouTube videos won't play on Windows 10 PC

I just got a new Windows 10 PC & I'm finding that it won't play YouTube videos. Specifically YouTube. In the video area the loading indicator circles indefinitely and I see this message...

Additional info & steps I've tried...

• Netflix plays flawlessly
    • Other Macs, PCs, iOS & Android devices on the same network play YouTube videos no problem
    • I restarted the machine
    • Restarted the cable modem
    • The machine can do other Internet stuff fine -- browse websites, email, etc.
    • I cleared the browser cache & browsing data
    • I tried a different browser (I tried Chrome & MS Edge)
    • I looked under "Windows Defender Security Center > App & browser control" but I don't see anything there about blocking videos.
    • Turned off ad blocker
    • Tried connecting via Ethernet and wi-fi
    • No peripherals connected to the machine

System info

Gigabyte Aero 15x
    Windows 10 Pro<br>
    Version 1803<br>
    Installed on 8/14/2018<br>
    OS build 17134.228

Any help, advice, or further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nafine, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 pc crashes when playing videos

1. Windows 10 pc crashes when playing videos - Similar Threads - crashes playing videos

2. PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashing into BSOD frequently when playing games: So I built my PC already like 2 years ago. For the first year everything was completely fine and I had no issues with it, however about a year ago I started to have a problem in Fortnite where sometimes (and by sometimes I mean once a day of playing fortnite maybe) it would...
  3. edge chrome crashing and no video when playing media file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    edge chrome crashing and no video when playing media file: Okay the problem is when i boot into windows everything is fine the only problem is google chrome showing some black bars when scrolling on a website and only online videos not playing properly not only chrome edge and fire fox has that kind of problem too and i can't able to...
  4. Windows 10 freezing when playing videos

Windows 10 freezing when playing videos: Few weeks ago I noticed that my laptop completely freezes when playing videos. This first happened with playing YouTube videos (no matter which quality), and then I realized that Win.10 freezes when I'm playing downloaded videos as well as videos on other internet pages. I...
  5. PC is lagging when I play 4K video

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC is lagging when I play 4K video: I’d like to play a 4k video on my PC but it is lagging. Although when I play a HD video it works fine. I think that this problem appeared after the last update. Before that date when I updated my PC it had been working fine with 4k videos....
  6. PC crashes randomly when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes randomly when playing games.: I've had this problem now for about a month. Somedays it wont happen at all, others it will happen 4-5 times. When playing a game my pc will crash/freeze at random. I'm completely locked out. Mouse wont move, can't use keyboard. Computer is completely frozen and...
  7. PC Crashes when watching video

PC Crashes when watching video: Hello, PC freezes when watching video, eg YouTube. I need to power off and restart to get it going again. I recently removed a AMD GPU and now have a Nvidia, I have updated the drivers to the latest and removed all AMD drivers but still getting the issue. Please can...
  8. Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos: After I upgraded to Win 10 from 7, I started getting this bizarre issue when video files would crash in both VLC and MPC, but not Windows Media Player. The larger the video, the more guaranteed the crash. I've reinstalled MPC, VLC, and Windows 10, but the issue still remains....
  9. Windows 10 Crashes When Playing games

Windows 10 Crashes When Playing games: About 6 months or so ago i started having blue screens after months of trying to find out what was wrong i reinstalled windows and installed minimal programs unfortunately i neglected to save the old dumps so these are the only new ones i have I'm trying to make more for more...
  10. Windows 10 crashing while playing youtube videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 crashing while playing youtube videos: Hi All, I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Since the upgrade I have been having problems with Windows 10 installation. The latest among these is that Windows 10 crashes after playing youtube videos for sometime with BSOD. In the message it says...