Windows 10: Windows 10 PC crashes when watching Netflix

Discus and support Windows 10 PC crashes when watching Netflix in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, So I have a gaming PC and the past two weeks when watching Netflix or listening to Spotify the audio will stop and when I close the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Benkolasin, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Windows 10 PC crashes when watching Netflix

Hi all,

So I have a gaming PC and the past two weeks when watching Netflix or listening to Spotify the audio will stop and when I close the application it still says it is open. My whole Pc proceeds to freeze and the only way I can turn it off is by a hard reset. Anyone know how to fix this ?

submitted by /u/Benkolasin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Benkolasin, Jan 14, 2021
  2. itsakjt Win User

My pc freezes when watching Netflix

Since you are on Windows 10 (from your system specs), use the Netflix app from Windows store. I use it with the system as listed on my specs and it is good.

itsakjt, Jan 14, 2021
  3. stoggs1 Win User

I have heatsinks on my vrm's added them when I built my pc there attached via thermal adhesive which I'm not sure how long they last.

I will get some compressed air and blow it out over the next couple of days.

Temps are fine when gaming and watching YouTube but I will check them when watching Netflix when I get a chance. I also lowered the resolution in Netflix to see if that will make a difference.

I wanted to ask why would my pc run perfectly fine with no crashing running any other task such as gaming, streaming other content other than Netflix and stress testing, but crashes when Netflix is ran? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Now years ago I had a pc with a dual boot of windows xp and seven that would crash when streaming any video content other than youtube in windows seven but I could watch any streaming video in xp.

I had this issue the whole time I had the pc and never figured it out.

This issue reminds me of that one.

stoggs1, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Windows 10 PC crashes when watching Netflix

Not sure, I had issue with netflix in internet explorer, discontinued using internet explorer, been fine since...

Could be using html5 or flash, or java, just goota verify it

eidairaman1, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 PC crashes when watching Netflix

1. Windows 10 PC crashes when watching Netflix - Similar Threads - crashes watching Netflix

2. BSOD while watching Netflix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while watching Netflix: Hi, my computer just went BSOD while i was watching Netflix with the App installaed from microsoft store.and there is nothing more running on my computeranyone can tell me what was wrong?hardware:CPU; Ryzen 7 3700XRAM: 32GBGPU: Nvidia 2070Scurrently running Windows 10 Home...
  3. BSOD while watching Netflix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while watching Netflix: Hi, my computer just went BSOD while i was watching Netflix with the App installaed from microsoft store.and there is nothing more running on my computeranyone can tell me what was wrong?hardware:CPU; Ryzen 7 3700XRAM: 32GBGPU: Nvidia 2070Scurrently running Windows 10 Home...
  4. BSOD while watching Netflix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Netflix and Hulu Stutter and Crash PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netflix and Hulu Stutter and Crash PC: (If you watch the video be careful with the sound, there's a loud thump when i set my phone down). I have a very very annoying problem with these websites. Anytime I pull up Netflix or Hulu, my system stutters hard for a second, then my monitor turns black. This has never...
  6. BSOD when using Netflix on PC

BSOD when using Netflix on PC: Recently my PC have been giving me BSOD and it comes with the "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" message saying dxgmms2.sys is causing this issue. I uploaded my minidump file to onedrive and the link is provided below. I am just an amateur user of PC system so please help...
  7. Watching Netflix in NZ

Watching Netflix in NZ: Hello. I am unable to get audio from my TV when I play Netflix through their App via my HP desktop. Is there anyone able to give me some tips ? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/watching-netflix-in-nz/c12c0991-fc12-4395-91f1-f1d239c82eda
  8. Cant watch netflix on this computer

Cant watch netflix on this computer: Can not watch Netflix on this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-watch-netflix-on-this-computer/936b2392-726b-4827-9ee4-b0d526d5d7ab
  9. PC Crashes when watching video

PC Crashes when watching video: Hello, PC freezes when watching video, eg YouTube. I need to power off and restart to get it going again. I recently removed a AMD GPU and now have a Nvidia, I have updated the drivers to the latest and removed all AMD drivers but still getting the issue. Please can...
  10. BSOD during gaming and sometimes when watching Netflix/Browsing

BSOD during gaming and sometimes when watching Netflix/Browsing: Hi I'm new here. I was hoping someone could help diagnose my BSOD issues. I upgraded my video card to a MSI Radeon R9 390 recently. But my Motherboard is a Gigabyte Model: GA-870A-UD3. It is running on PCI-e 2.0 rather than 3.0 but I don't know how to verify that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freezes when watching netflix