Windows 10: Windows 10 PC DMZ safe these days?

Discus and support Windows 10 PC DMZ safe these days? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I play at of games on my home PC and I have an issue with Rainbow Six and never getting an OPEN network its always moderate, if I close down the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shankly1985, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Windows 10 PC DMZ safe these days?

Hello I play at of games on my home PC and I have an issue with Rainbow Six and never getting an OPEN network its always moderate, if I close down the router Firewall or put my PC IP address into the DMZ I get Open network and no issues finding matches.

Now I always remember people saying never use DMZ on a PC but now with Windows 10 etc and I feel Windows over the years is much more secure would I now be more safe using DMZ? This way all my games will have the required network ports all open for them to have better latency etc

Thanks

:)

shankly1985, Jan 1, 2017
  2. Tom_c. Win User

Cannot access \\192.168.17.5\c$

Hi,

I don't have a third part antivirus active.

My pc is connected to a domain network.

192.168.17.5 is Windows 2008 server in a DMZ zone

192.168.17.6 is Windows 7 Pro in DMZ Zone

My pc is Windows 10 (fresh install) in Domain zone (i have all ports open to DMZ)

I can connect to \\192.168.17.6\c$ without problem.

But i can't connect to \\192.168.17.5\c$

If i try from another Windows 7 pc in my domain i can connect to both without problem.

Tom_c., Jan 1, 2017
  3. Streaming radio through Realplayer - can't connect N80

DMZ?

stevehodges---01, Jan 1, 2017
  4. John Galt Win User

Windows 10 PC DMZ safe these days?

I would not trust Windows 10 in the DMZ, especially for personal use. Maybe, if it was completely locked down hard, no sharing, most services shut down, etc. But...

It appears the reason you want to do this is to improve game performance, however running in the DMZ will not help.

If you have a good router, then port forwarding will add less than 1ms of latency (much less).

If you are having latency problems, my first suggestion is to look at bufferbloat issues. Run the DSL Reports speed and buffer bloat test and tell us what it finds: Speed test - how fast is your internet? | DSLReports, ISP Information

Also, describe your network setup and the latency issues.

John Galt, Jan 1, 2017
  5. Thanks its only one game that I have issue with I could open the ports for that game and it would be safer so I think I will just do that.
    I do like the idea of DMZ though and wish they wasn't a security issue *Sad

Speed result of 73.7/19.65 Mbps | DSLReports, ISP Information

shankly1985, Jan 1, 2017
  6. John Galt Win User
    Really good bufferbloat score, your system should have low latency.

John Galt, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 PC DMZ safe these days?

1. Windows 10 PC DMZ safe these days? - Similar Threads - DMZ safe days

2. No access to pc for 30 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No access to pc for 30 days: Got my pc back from being repaired. Need to set up a new pin to access the pc. I have changed my phone number and the Microsoft code is being sent to my old phone number which I no longer have access to. Does this mean I’ve no access to the pc for 30 days? Is there a way to...
  3. How to send an ISO to DMZ

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to send an ISO to DMZ: Hi GurusLooking at doing an in-place upgrade for a server on the DMZ, from 2012 r2 to 2019.we are having issues mounting the ISO from the Azure portal hosted on prod to the DMZ.The DMZ server is located in the DMZ RG on PROD Azure.Does anyone know of a way to mount the...
  4. How to send an ISO to DMZ

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to send an ISO to DMZ: Hi GurusLooking at doing an in-place upgrade for a server on the DMZ, from 2012 r2 to 2019.we are having issues mounting the ISO from the Azure portal hosted on prod to the DMZ.The DMZ server is located in the DMZ RG on PROD Azure.Does anyone know of a way to mount the...
  5. Is it safe to click go back even after 10 days in win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to click go back even after 10 days in win 11?: I wanted to go back to win 10 from 11 as I am facing performance issues and bugs despite Good system resources, and I went to Recovery settings and I have found the go back option still enabled even after 2-3 months of upgrading. Is it safe to go back? Will my data be erased?...
  6. Is it safe to click go back even after 10 days in win 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to click go back even after 10 days in win 11?: I wanted to go back to win 10 from 11 as I am facing performance issues and bugs despite Good system resources, and I went to Recovery settings and I have found the go back option still enabled even after 2-3 months of upgrading. Is it safe to go back? Will my data be erased?...
  7. Is PC Accelerate Safe?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is PC Accelerate Safe?: I have PC Accelerate, but I don't sure is it safe. Can you help me? I don't know about PCA ANYTHING. [Original Title: PC Accelerate] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-pc-accelerate-safe/8e4a9660-6310-4928-bda9-d43cd70dbdd3
  8. Reset this pc stuck at 14% for 10 days!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset this pc stuck at 14% for 10 days!!: Hello gus, I really need your help. My laptop is reseting the windows to its factory version ... it stopped at 14% since the first day until now. The light of mass storage is switching on and off fastly. I got an idea to force it to shutdown but I am afraid of that It won't...
  9. windows 10 picture of the day

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 picture of the day: Can you include pictures of animals in your picture rotation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-picture-of-the-day/a7c75907-5681-41bf-9069-58ab04e9c579
  10. Ark port forwarding and DMZ hosting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ark port forwarding and DMZ hosting: Hey guy been playing ark for while and jusy got the full game on windows store for cross play i i did all the ports for the xbox 1 but when i active my DMZ host my alternate port for my xbox changes i tried with it on and off with port forwarding but i still can find my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 in DMZ security

2. pc dmz

3. dmz windows 10

4. exposed windows PC on dmz,
  5. windows 10 dmz