Windows 10: Windows 10 PC freezes and I cant figure out the cause.

Discus and support Windows 10 PC freezes and I cant figure out the cause. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I have been having this issue where if I leave my computer alone from anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours it freezes, forcing me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatrickVeugelers, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Windows 10 PC freezes and I cant figure out the cause.

Hello,

Recently I have been having this issue where if I leave my computer alone from anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours it freezes, forcing me to force a restart using the power button. The freeze itself allows the mouse to move around, but clicking and using the keyboard does nothing, so I cant Alt-F4 or use Ctrl-Alt-Dlt. I have tried using the cmd to do the /scannow, I have tried fixing the Microsoft store, but nothing seems to work.

My specs are this:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU@ 3.20GHz

Memory: 8.0 GB DDR3

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

Version: Windows 10, latest update (Australia, as of 14/09/2018)

Looking through my Event Viewer logs, I have had a few errors, warnings and critical events come up before the the freeze, I will try and type out the sequence below:

Level - Time - Source Event ID - Task - Category

ERROR - 06:25:35 PM - Application Error - 1000 - (100)

Error - 06:25:44 PM - Service Control Manager - 7031 - None

Error - 06:35:16 PM - EventLog - 6008 - None

Critical - 06:34:47 PM - Kernal-Power - 41 (63)

After trying everyone else's fixes it seems to be just that, though if it happens again I will comment any differences.

Any help would be great, and very appreciated.

:)

PatrickVeugelers, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Windows 10 PC freezes and I cant figure out the cause. :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

Windows 10 PC freezes and I cant figure out the cause.

Thema:

Windows 10 PC freezes and I cant figure out the cause.

1. Windows 10 PC freezes and I cant figure out the cause. - Similar Threads - freezes cant figure

2. PC Buzzes freezes and then restarts. Cant figure out if its hardware or software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Buzzes freezes and then restarts. Cant figure out if its hardware or software.: happens when I'm gaming, doesn't matter the game. The games I'm playing don't create crash report but I have Minidump files that I cant figure out. It also doesn't go to blue screen. I have ran the minidump file and got this but I'm not sure what I'm doing...
  3. PC Buzzes freezes and then restarts. Cant figure out if its hardware or software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Buzzes freezes and then restarts. Cant figure out if its hardware or software.: happens when I'm gaming, doesn't matter the game. The games I'm playing don't create crash report but I have Minidump files that I cant figure out. It also doesn't go to blue screen. I have ran the minidump file and got this but I'm not sure what I'm doing...
  4. I cant figure out the problem:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant figure out the problem:: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1b8Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version:...
  5. I cant figure out the problem:

I cant figure out the problem:: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1b8Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version:...
  6. BSOD cant figure it out

BSOD cant figure it out: Good morning,I have updated all drivers, turned UAC on, updated windows, etc and this one laptop keeps crashing with the same errors. I am hoping someone can analyze the dump file because I can't make any sense of...
  7. Cant figure out why my PC freezes randomly sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant figure out why my PC freezes randomly sometimes: So I've been having an issue with I presume Windows 10 on my newly built gaming PC. Out of nowhere, usually when watching YouTube / Twitch or something, the picture just freezes. I can move my mouse around, and hear anything in the background, but everything else seems...
  8. Cant figure this one out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant figure this one out.: So my pc been restarting on me. I been running test trying to find out what's cause it. Today I notice my memory in task manager says 2.2/7.9 gb. I have 2x8gb ram stick in my pc. Under system it shows 16gb but only 7.9 is usable. Do I have a bad ram stick? submitted by...
  9. Daily BSOD and i cant figure out the cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily BSOD and i cant figure out the cause: Hi everyone I am running Win 10 on my desktop. Specs are: MB: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 3 GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 6core RAM: 2x8 GB The lead up to my problem is that i had a BSOD event twice. A friend of mine suggested it could be a RAM problem and I tried...
  10. Windows 10 random BSOD cant figure out whats the cause.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 random BSOD cant figure out whats the cause.: Hi I have continuous problem with computer randomly crashes. How do I trace the source of the problem? In the eventviewer I found 2 posts under critical 1) 0x3D55: Package family microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe runtime information is corrupted....