Windows 10: Windows 10 PC Freezes and requires a hard reset pressing power button before working again

Discus and support Windows 10 PC Freezes and requires a hard reset pressing power button before working again in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sometimes my PC will freeze to the point where I can no longer press any buttons or open any new pages including task manager, but my mouse still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NicolaiSorensen1, Aug 23, 2021.

1. Windows 10 PC Freezes and requires a hard reset pressing power button before working again

Sometimes my PC will freeze to the point where I can no longer press any buttons or open any new pages including task manager, but my mouse still moves. I can't press the reset button because I can't click to open it. When I hard reset and reboot my PC, the USB for my audio device is no longer recognized and I have to unplug and re-plug it in before it functions again. How do I prevent this issue from occurring again?

:)

NicolaiSorensen1, Aug 23, 2021

2. Reset Button Not Working

Hi,
    Exactly what tittle says. That's been bugging me for a while now but I couldn't find any information related to the issue so I just ignored it.
    Today I had to use the button to reset because I messed up doing something and system froze. Well like always before I force shut down I try to reset but it never works.
    This is exactly what happens: I press the reset button then the system pretends to be restarting but it never boots, no beeps no image or anything and thats it.
    Been using power button restart if system freezes.
    Checked the connections in the motherboard and everything is correctly connected.
    Could it be some option in the bios ?

Thanks

DiogoCDS19, Aug 23, 2021
  3. Reset Button Not Working

Well just to be 100% sure I rechecked the connections and its properly connected. Did some testing and found out that it will only reset if I press it twice like: press it once wait like 10 seconds and press again. That way system will reset and boot.
    Also tried to reset right after system boots (before windows loads) and it resets with a single press.
    After windows loads gotta press it twice like I explained.
    Oh and by the way, my motherboard as 2 onboard switches (power and reset) and it does exactly the same if I use the onboard switch.

DiogoCDS19, Aug 23, 2021
  4. Iceni Win User

Windows 10 PC Freezes and requires a hard reset pressing power button before working again

When the Power button is Pressed Pc turns on then Off again.

Power on switch sounds to have a fault. Sometimes when they start to go the contact plates can stick when you press the button.

Unplug the power switch header, And plug the reset switch into the power on header. Then start again using the reset switch as the on button. If it clears the fault then it's time to buy a new switch (or just keep using the reset switch).

Don't be tempted to plug the power switch into the reset header as it may cause constant resets if it is the fault.

The later in boot restarts could still be the switch, It depends on the switch and what's wrong with it. If there is a loose contact plate then movement on that plate could cause soft restarts in windows, or hard restarts before windows has got up. Rule out the basic before you spend money.

Iceni, Aug 23, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 PC Freezes and requires a hard reset pressing power button before working again

1. Windows 10 PC Freezes and requires a hard reset pressing power button before working again - Similar Threads - Freezes requires hard

2. Power Button pressing by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Button pressing by itself: A long time ago, I spilled a bit of liquid into the laptop's keyboard, and because of that some keys stopped working, and one of those affected keys is the power button. Got a new keyboard and all that, the problem is the power button is pressing by itself for maybe a...
  3. PC freezes often, requires a hard reboot to get started again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes often, requires a hard reboot to get started again.: Hello everyone,I recently less than a month ago purchased a new PC. The specs are the following:OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro System Model: B760 AORUS ELITE DDR4 Processor: 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-13400F, 2500 Mhz, 10 Cores, 16 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date:...
  4. PC freezes often, requires a hard reboot to get started again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes often, requires a hard reboot to get started again.: Hello everyone,I recently less than a month ago purchased a new PC. The specs are the following:OS Name: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro System Model: B760 AORUS ELITE DDR4 Processor: 13th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-13400F, 2500 Mhz, 10 Cores, 16 Logical Processors BIOS Version/Date:...
  5. Computer Freezing, Hard reset required - Kernel Power 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezing, Hard reset required - Kernel Power 41: My computer consistently freezes while playing video game. When the computer freezes it locks solid leaving the last thing on the screen and the audio glitches out as well sounding like its just playing the last sound extended until I long press the power button. Event Viewer...
  6. PC hard freezes on reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC hard freezes on reset: I've been having Driver issues lately so i figured the best way to fix it was a windows reset. The process goes fine up until i reach the actually Resetting page where it just freezes at 12% - 16% and even the loading symbol freezes too. Would really appriciate the help....
  7. Pc freezes and requires hard boot.

Pc freezes and requires hard boot.: So recently I have been experiences crashes with my PC. My screen completely freezes, and I hear a notification sound in the background. I have tried to get minidump files, but there are none. I have the latest graphics card drivers. I also have the latest windows update...
  8. Windows 10 screen freezes, along with mouse and keyboard, requiring hard reset or power down.

Windows 10 screen freezes, along with mouse and keyboard, requiring hard reset or power down.: As long as I am working, and there is mouse and/or keyboard activity, everything is 100% stable and functional and I can continue working indefinitely. If I allow the machine to stand idle for some minutes (usually under 5), with no programs running, I get a total freeze,...
  9. Windows 10 screen freezes, along with mouse and keyboard, requiring hard reset or power down.

Windows 10 screen freezes, along with mouse and keyboard, requiring hard reset or power down.: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1803) Greetings. A much-discussed topic and an issue from which I also suffer, and have not yet found the right answer to. As long as I am working, and there is mouse and/or keyboard activity, everything is 100% stable and functional and I can...
  10. Windows freezes that require hard reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows freezes that require hard reset: Hello, I am just going to take you through what happened and what I have done. A week ago I was playing games on steam and just went AFK for the day and when I came back in the evening I tried to launch a game (RUST) and it just didn't load and soon game was not...