Windows 10: Windows 10 PC freezes for 5 seconds every 3 hours

Discus and support Windows 10 PC freezes for 5 seconds every 3 hours in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Back in April I purchased a new Dell XPS 8930 with a 256 GB SSD boot drive and 1 TB HDD data drive. The system also has 16 GB RAM. I'm running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by morsel93, Jul 10, 2020.

1. morsel93 Win User

Windows 10 PC freezes for 5 seconds every 3 hours

Back in April I purchased a new Dell XPS 8930 with a 256 GB SSD boot drive and 1 TB HDD data drive. The system also has 16 GB RAM. I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit English -- installed by Dell.

While I've been very happy with the system overall, I've had one issue consistently from the beginning: The entire machine will freeze completely for 5 seconds and then return to normal. Once this occurs, a subsequent freeze will occur 3 hours later -- and 3 hours after that -- and so on. This pattern is fairly consistent. If I have task manager running when the freeze occurs, I can see very clearly that the CPU goes to 100% for that 5-second period and then returns to normal.

Having spent some time online, I found this conversation and found many similarities with my issue and my computer's configuration:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-freezes-for-few-seconds-randomly/3bd620bb-ae16-43f3-be3a-9e1b84a63de3

I turned off sleep but this did not resolve the problem. I also attempted to uninstall the Intel RST driver and let Windows install its own -- but Windows didn't install anything when I scanned for hardware changes. Upon restart the system couldn't boot up couldn't find boot drive and I ended up doing any emergency restore.

I have opened a ticket with Dell but the steps that they suggested i.e., updating BIOS and chipset drivers, changing hard disk due to sleep to 80 minutes did not resolve the issue.

Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated.

:)

morsel93, Jul 10, 2020

2. Buzzing + Freezing Every 3-5 seconds

Hey guys, I have a windows 10 and it works fine and recently my PC has been Freezing and buzzing every 3-5 seconds when it plays audio, this has happened before but then fixed itself. now it has started to do it again. I've tried reinstalling all the audio
    drivers, defraging the hardrive, running maintenance scans and virus scans and still doesn't seem to work. does anyone know how to fix the buzzing and freezing?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Ben Caller, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Windows loses focus every 3-5 seconds

This focus issue is making it nearly impossible to type anything continually. Windows loses focus every 3-5 seconds, pausing and not typing what I've typed. I can't live with this- any suggestions?

MaryABuchan, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 PC freezes for 5 seconds every 3 hours

Window 10 freezes every few seconds.

Window 10 freezes every few seconds. After 5 minutes, window 10 begins to freeze please help

MichaelWorthy63, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 PC freezes for 5 seconds every 3 hours

1. Windows 10 PC freezes for 5 seconds every 3 hours - Similar Threads - freezes seconds every

2. Strange PC stuttering 5 seconds for every 2 hours +

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange PC stuttering 5 seconds for every 2 hours +: System and Application logshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXN1guPtFsXh80GYmzPWYBi8XQ0AA?e=25N9f6IntelR core TM i7 -8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz RAM 48 GBsystem type 64-bit operating systemWindows 11MOBO EVGA Z370 Classified KGPU EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080 TIPSU EVGA 750W gold Drive HDX2TBX2 SSD...
  3. Strange PC stuttering 5 seconds for every 2 hours +

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange PC stuttering 5 seconds for every 2 hours +: System and Application logshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXN1guPtFsXh80GYmzPWYBi8XQ0AA?e=25N9f6IntelR core TM i7 -8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz RAM 48 GBsystem type 64-bit operating systemWindows 11MOBO EVGA Z370 Classified KGPU EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080 TIPSU EVGA 750W gold Drive HDX2TBX2 SSD...
  4. Video pausing every 3-5 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video pausing every 3-5 seconds: Hey!I've had my Lenovo Thinkpad L15 for about a year or so, and in the past couple of days I have had problems with streaming videos. Every 3-5 seconds it pauses without me touching anything. Sometimes it restarts without me touching it either. This is the case no matter what...
  5. Video pausing every 3-5 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video pausing every 3-5 seconds: Hey!I've had my Lenovo Thinkpad L15 for about a year or so, and in the past couple of days I have had problems with streaming videos. Every 3-5 seconds it pauses without me touching anything. Sometimes it restarts without me touching it either. This is the case no matter what...
  6. Video pausing every 3-5 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  8. Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  9. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  10. Games Freezing for 3 to 5 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Freezing for 3 to 5 seconds: Hi Since July I have started to be confronted with an issue in games which causes the game to freeze for about 3 to 5 seconds and this happens randomly throughout gameplay with gaps of every 5 seconds to every 1 or 2 minutes which makes the gameplay unenjoyable. I have...