Windows 10: Windows 10 PC freezes/locking up. Have to pull out the plug to restart it

Discus and support Windows 10 PC freezes/locking up. Have to pull out the plug to restart it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since I first built my PC in early 2016, I have been having a problem where my PC would completely lock up/freeze on its current screen and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mattyb_98, Jan 8, 2019.

1. mattyb_98 Win User

Windows 10 PC freezes/locking up. Have to pull out the plug to restart it

Ever since I first built my PC in early 2016, I have been having a problem where my PC would completely lock up/freeze on its current screen and the only way to switch it off/restart is by physically pulling the plug out the wall.

This error only happens when I am gaming, some games more frequent than others and some games it never happens. Once before I left my PC for a couple minutes and I got the DPC_WATCHDOG VIOLATION blue screen. That blue screen eventually froze and I again had to pull out the plug. Recently I left it to try get the blue screen again to create a dump file but after about 10 minutes no blue screen appeared.

This error has occurred before and after I have upgraded my graphics card, hard drive and installed an SSD drive.

I have been through all of my installed drivers and trying updating them all and I have tried the SATA AHCI Controller fix to no effect.

I am unable to create a dump file to see what the error is as obviously Windows cannot if it doesn't go to a blue screen and restarts on its own. I really have no idea what to do now.

I have uploaded the one error that showed up in my Event Viewer at the time of the crash: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApubCpn71JgMhhPzVzebp5jkkXXV

System Specs

CPU: Intel i5 6400

RAM: 8GB

Graphics: GTX 1070

:)

mattyb_98, Jan 8, 2019
  2. mattyb_98 Win User

Ever since I first built my PC in early 2016, I have been having a problem where my PC would completely lock up/freeze on its current screen and the only way to switch it off/restart is by physically pulling the plug out the wall.

This error only happens when I am gaming, some games more frequent than others and some games it never happens. Once before I left my PC for a couple minutes and I got the DPC_WATCHDOG VIOLATION blue screen. That blue screen eventually froze and I again
    had to pull out the plug. Recently I left it to try get the blue screen again to create a dump file but after about 10 minutes no blue screen appeared.

This error has occurred before and after I have upgraded my graphics card, hard drive and installed an SSD drive.

I have been through all of my installed drivers and trying updating them all and I have tried the SATA AHCI Controller fix to no effect.

I am unable to create a dump file to see what the error is as obviously Windows cannot if it doesn't go to a blue screen and restarts on its own. I really have no idea what to do now.

System Specs

Below I have attached a screenshot of the error page in event viewer. This is the message I get every time it freezes.

Windows 10 PC freezes/locking up. Have to pull out the plug to restart it 2d9a57a1-0dd4-4499-a7a7-e379bbd110dc?upload=true.jpg

mattyb_98, Jan 8, 2019
  3. mattyb_98 Win User

This error only happens when I am gaming, some games more frequent than others and some games it never happens. Once before I left my PC for a couple minutes and I got the DPC_WATCHDOG VIOLATION blue screen. That blue screen eventually froze and I again
    had to pull out the plug. Recently I left it to try get the blue screen again to create a dump file but after about 10 minutes no blue screen appeared.

System Specs

Windows 10 PC freezes/locking up. Have to pull out the plug to restart it 260b2450-9bb2-4e83-900e-8a9c42b3840b?upload=true.jpg

mattyb_98, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 PC freezes/locking up. Have to pull out the plug to restart it - Similar Threads - freezes locking pull

2. pc random freezes and i have to restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc random freezes and i have to restart: it's around 2 weeks that my pc started these weird freezes i cant even move my mouse and ctrl+alt+delete does not work either and i have to hard restart using restart button on my case in this period of time it happened like 4 or 5 times and its too annoying btw i checked...
  3. Windows 10 PC locks up/freezes when gaming. I have to hard restart.

Windows 10 PC locks up/freezes when gaming. I have to hard restart.: Since I built my PC back in 2016 I have had a reccuring problem in which when I'm playing certain high-performance video games, my PC will suddenly freeze/lock up. I then have to hard reset it to get it going again. Because of the hard reset, I am not getting a BSOD and of...
  4. Freezing on Windows 10 monitor locks up

Freezing on Windows 10 monitor locks up: Hi, I am having an issue with my Windows 10 install, which has just started to happen about 5 months ago. The screen locks up and goes through a weird bar code looking phase, and then it will restart the machine. Please see https://photos.app.goo.gl/MpX172fe7bkaA1Xm8...
  5. Mouse freezes up. Have to restart to activate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse freezes up. Have to restart to activate: Mouse freezes up in windows 10. Have to restart to activate. Have tried both Bluetooth and USB mice. Also different brands. Any ideas? I have a Lenovo ideapad 330S running Windows 10 Home Version 1903. This was occurring before I updated to Ver. 1903....
  6. restarted windows locked up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restarted windows locked up: Source LockApp.exe Summary Stopped responding and was closed Date ‎4/‎22/‎2019 6:08 PM Status Report sent Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows. Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy\LockApp.exe...
  7. Windows 10 Locks Up, Have to Pull out Power Cable to Restart PC

Windows 10 Locks Up, Have to Pull out Power Cable to Restart PC: Background info: I've had my PC for around 2 and a half years now. Ever since I built it I have been having a problem with certain games. Most of the games are high performance, but not always the case. Always whilst gaming though. Problem: The problem is that my PC will...
  8. Dell PC completely crashed upon restart. No windows, programs, nothing is pulling up.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dell PC completely crashed upon restart. No windows, programs, nothing is pulling up.: I turned on my Dell Inspersion laptop that that I have had for less than 1 year. It has windows 10. An update was performed and it restarted. Upon restart all programs including windows are gone. The screen is black and the only icon showing is the trash bin. Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 PC freezes/locking up. Have to pull out the plug to restart it

Windows 10 PC freezes/locking up. Have to pull out the plug to restart it: Ever since I first built my PC in early 2016, I have been having a problem where my PC would completely lock up/freeze on its current screen and the only way to switch it off/restart is by physically pulling the plug out the wall. This error only happens when I am gaming,...
  10. PC Randomly locks up and freezes

PC Randomly locks up and freezes: Hey guys, first off I hope you all had a great Xmas and New Year... So since the update for windows that's recently dropped, I keep having random crashes, well more of a freeze, I can still see everything on the screen but nothing will respond I have to power my system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen freezes and I cannot shut down and must pull plug