Windows 10: Windows 10 PC freezes randomly but Audio from video/game works though

Discus and support Windows 10 PC freezes randomly but Audio from video/game works though in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have recently wiped my system clean from my hdd and installed windows 10 on an ssd and am using the hdd as a storage. I had run Windows 10 perfectly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by liop123, Sep 15, 2016.

1. liop123 Win User

Windows 10 PC freezes randomly but Audio from video/game works though

I have recently wiped my system clean from my hdd and installed windows 10 on an ssd and am using the hdd as a storage.
    I had run Windows 10 perfectly fine before wiping(When an older version of windows 10 was installed onto my hdd). After the wipe and installing, I have been experiencing random freezes about 40-70minutes into using the computer. Whether I'm watching a video, playing a game or just using the comp, it freezes everything.

When it freezes, I cannot access the taskbar, task manager or anything and need to hard reset it. However if I was playing a game, I could hear the audio from the game perfectly fine, I could move in game and shoot but the screen as well as any other program open would still be frozen.

Going idle, I would usually come back to a frozen screen, or a norton boot repair tool that shows up when my computer freezes.

Things I have tried to fix this issue:
    1)Set Link State Power Management off in my power settings. Set turn off hard dist after to 0 minutes.
    2)Reinstalled windows through "Reset my PC"
    3)Uninstalled graphics drivers with DDU and installed it again through safe mode.
    4)Did the sfc /scannow command in command prompt as administrator.
    5)Did a windows system memory diagnostics.
    6)Tried using the computer in safe mode, but it still freezesafter a while.
    7)Ran the computer with 1 of 2 ram sticks in to see if it was a problem with the ram.
    8)Cleaned CPU fans, reapplied thermal paste.
    Anyone have any clue on how to fix it?

:)

liop123, Sep 15, 2016
  2. Jennifer Cha, Sep 15, 2016
  3. Video streaming issues in Windows 10

I am having the same issue in EDGE and sometimes in IE. Video on web pages are randomly freezing up, but audio continues. I have the latest drivers and windows updates for my NV 980ti. My CPU never goes above 6-10% watch video off web content, but still
    getting the random issues with stuttering and freezes in my video playback.

Darcom2005, Sep 15, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 PC freezes randomly but Audio from video/game works though

1. Windows 10 PC freezes randomly but Audio from video/game works though - Similar Threads - freezes randomly Audio

2. Game video freezes for a few seconds with repetitive audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game video freezes for a few seconds with repetitive audio.: I recently ran into an issue where I had to do a clean install of windows from a usb. Since then all my games freeze for a couple seconds and i get a repeating audio. its much like on xbox when a game crashed. Except my games fix themselves and i come back to a lost fight....
  3. Mouse freezing on video and audio and games and almost anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse freezing on video and audio and games and almost anything: sorry for my bad english when i play video mouse freeze and when puase the video i must wait for like 15 seconds to start move the mouse ,and the same for audio and when i play a game mouse freeze so i must restart the computer so i can move the mouse ,and many more things...
  4. PC randomly freezes during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly freezes during gaming: Hey everyone,This is the first time I've ran into this problem ever and can't find what causes it. So when I'm playing games happens most in Overwatch my PC has a tendency to randomly freeze. I can still hear ingame sounds and people in discord, but my main monitor goes black...
  5. PC randomly freezes during gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly freezes during gaming: Hey everyone,This is the first time I've ran into this problem ever and can't find what causes it. So when I'm playing games happens most in Overwatch my PC has a tendency to randomly freeze. I can still hear ingame sounds and people in discord, but my main monitor goes black...
  6. Video games freezing randomly from time to time

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video games freezing randomly from time to time: Hello. I am having a problem that appears randomly when I play video game, it freezes sometimes and I have to close the game with task manager and open it up again. It's really annoying when I try to play online games so I would like to solve this problem. Days ago I also...
  7. Audio Stuttering and Pc Freezing Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Stuttering and Pc Freezing Randomly: This issue is driving me insane for a while I've dealt with it but I really would like to get rid of it if possible. Sometimes when I'm using my computer it will randomly have what I like to call micro freezes/stutters where the mouse freezes, the audio stutters and gets...
  8. My PC Hard Freezes randomly when I'm playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC Hard Freezes randomly when I'm playing video games: Hello As I have mentioned in the title, I'm experiencing random freezes which can only be resolved by completely shutting down the laptop. The freeze however only happens when I play video games, when I'm doing other things the laptop seems to work normally. I have noticed...
  9. Game video freezes but audio continues.

Game video freezes but audio continues.: My games freeze, but audio still works. This happens in every game I play, although in something older like Half Life or Doom it just straight up crashes. My drivers are up to date, I ran the sfc /scannow command and I checked for memory issues, but nothing was detected....
  10. PC randomly freezes while gaming

PC randomly freezes while gaming: Hello all, my PC started to randomly freeze while I am playing games,without showing a BSOD,but there are minidumps from those freezings/crashings. Here is the Vlog collector : DESKTOP-A00HG2C-(2020-07-13_11-45-17).zip My OS is Win 10 x64 Version 1909 (OS Build...