Windows 10: Windows 10 pc freezes when using any browser

Discus and support Windows 10 pc freezes when using any browser in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a pc that i use for gaming and school, and just recently after making no changes, when i open any browser my entire computer freezes randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ItsTiel, Feb 23, 2021.

1. ItsTiel Win User

Windows 10 pc freezes when using any browser

I have a pc that i use for gaming and school, and just recently after making no changes, when i open any browser my entire computer freezes randomly for about 3-5 seconds every 1-3 hours. Ive tried many different scans and checks and my hardware seems to be fine and I dont have any viruses. Come to think of it the only think that has changed in this time period is a windows update.

:)

ItsTiel, Feb 23, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Update Freezing Web Browsers

Hi,

There may be some browser components that do not sit well with the new updates installed on your computer. Before we can resolve the error, please answer these questions for us to understand what happens:

• Do you get any error messages when the browsers freeze?
    • Are Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge affected?
    • Does the problem occur when you access a specific site?

We suggest you delete the browser history, or completely reset the browsers that are affected.

Let us know if the suggestions fix the problem.

Come back if you need more help.

Ruz San, Feb 23, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 pc freezes when using any browser - Similar Threads - freezes using browser

2. When i use google.com or youtube.com on any browser on this pc it does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i use google.com or youtube.com on any browser on this pc it does not work: When i use google.com or youtube.com on any browser on this pc it does not work and gives many errors such as the following: all with ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH...
  3. When i use google.com or youtube.com on any browser on this pc it does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i use google.com or youtube.com on any browser on this pc it does not work: When i use google.com or youtube.com on any browser on this pc it does not work and gives many errors such as the following: all with ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH...
  4. Windows/PC freezes when playing any game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows/PC freezes when playing any game: My PC works just fine under normal using, like browsing the internet or using files. Even music or editing programs work great.But when I play video-game, especially one that's modern, my PC will sometimes freeze.Before I freeze, sometimes the audio in the game will seperate...
  5. Windows/PC freezes when playing any game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows/PC freezes when playing any game: My PC works just fine under normal using, like browsing the internet or using files. Even music or editing programs work great.But when I play video-game, especially one that's modern, my PC will sometimes freeze.Before I freeze, sometimes the audio in the game will seperate...
  6. Windows 10 Freezing when using browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezing when using browser: My windows 10 freezing is freezing specially when using browser, I have tried several methods to fix this, to pinpoint the problem whether it's software or hardware failureDevice Model: ASUS TUF FX505DY-AL117TNotes:> Windows 10 will freeze after a few minutes of browsing in...
  7. Windows 10 freezes when I use browser Edge ,

Windows 10 freezes when I use browser Edge ,: Hello there, My asus Laptop with Ram 8GB, 1 Tb HDD freezes when I use more than 1 tab in edge. I earlier had this issue with chrome too then i Reset my PC and was advied to use only Edge but now I am facing the same issue with Edge. KIndly Help....
  8. Windows 10 Home - When using any browser constantly loses internet

Windows 10 Home - When using any browser constantly loses internet: I have not had this issue before. I bought a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home a little over a month ago. Since I bought it I have had this issue and cannot find a work around. Due to various online programs I use, I have to have Chrome, Firefox and IE. While using either of...
  9. Windows 10 Freezing on Using Internet on Any Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Freezing on Using Internet on Any Browser: Just updated to Windows 10 on a brand new hard drive because the old one with Windows 7 was going bad. It was compatible and everything was fine. This has been absolute hell for my business when I get on the internet on any browser the computer locks up, first the screen then...
  10. BSOD when using any browser

BSOD when using any browser: I recently bought a HP Probook and within days I started getting BSOD - I had it replaced by HP and the same model replacement is now also giving BSOD. I deliberately didn't install anything on it apart from Chrome. I'm getting BSOD all the time now when browsing - it doesn't...