Windows 10: Windows 10: PC Freezing / Hanging everywhere.

Discus and support Windows 10: PC Freezing / Hanging everywhere. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I've been getting PC freezes on and off for about a month now. This first started when I playing Division 2, my game would freeze and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dephonic, May 23, 2019.

1. Dephonic Win User

Windows 10: PC Freezing / Hanging everywhere.

Hello,

I've been getting PC freezes on and off for about a month now. This first started when I playing Division 2, my game would freeze and completely lock up my computer. I wouldn't be able to Alt-Tab, Ctrl-Alt-Del, or anything and had to manually restart my PC in order to temporarily fix the issue until it happened again. My PC specs were below the reccommended needeed for the game at the time, however it was weird occurance since I was able to play the game perfectly fine for a couple weeks prior to the issues first appearing. However I'm still getting freezes and hangs to this day after upgrading a few different components (Motherboard, CPU, RAM). Also to further explain the hanging, I will for example click on the windows start menu, and it will seem unresponsive and only carry out the task of opening the start menu a couple of seconds after having clicked it. During this, everything else will also be unresponsive except for being able to move my mouse. Sometimes it resolves itself after a couple of seconds, though other times everything will stay unresponsive while only being able to move my mouse. But also at times even the mouse will freeze and I will be completely unable to interact with my PC which again is only a temporary fix. It's difficulty to analyse the issue through means of trial and error, since the freezes and hangs seem almost random. Some days I will go without issues, other times I may be in a constant loop of having to restart my PC numerous times. This also happens with other games as well as outside of games while I'm on my desktop either browsing the internet, listening to music or even if I'm just idle.

My PC Specs at the time;
    - Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3
    - CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (3.30GHz)
    - GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290x
    - RAM: HyperX Fury DDR3 4GB 1000MHz (12GB Total)
    - SSD: Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB
    - PSU: Corsair TX 750W
    - Headset: Logitech G430
    - Keyboard + Mouse: B2100-Blazing Gaming Desktop

I have upgraded to the following parts:
    - Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
    - CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X (3.60GHz)
    - RAM: HyperX Predator DDR4 8GB (16GB Total)

Here is a link to my UserBenchmark performance results;
    Gigabyte B450M DS3H Performance Results - UserBenchmark

Below is a list of things I've attempted with no success of finding a solution.

- Since then, I have also completely reinstalled windows but I am still getting freezes and hanging even on a fresh install. I've tried installing the OS on a different HDD, but the issues are followed there. Therefore I don't think it is an issue with my SSD.

- If the reinstall didn't get rid of any potential viruses, I have also conducted various scans with 4 different programs (Windows, Avast, Malwarebytes, and Advanced System Repair Pro) which all came back with clean results, both prior to reinstalling windows and also afterwards on the clean install and found nothing malicious.

- It may be nothing, but I would also like to mention that the issues started happening around about the time to when I replaced my previous broken headset to the one I now own (Logitech G430), however I've tried disconnecting the headset as well as uninstalling all it's required software but it has not helped.

- I've also updated all neccessary drivers through manual means as well as through Device Manager and various driver updating softwares (DriverEasy).

- I tried running SFC and DISM through the Command Prompt. The SFC did come back with findings of corrupt system files which it went on to fix, but this has not resolved the freezes.

- I've done a Memory test which came back clean without issues both prior and after replacing my PC parts. During this I also ensured that both Motherboards were set to run at their default factory states and emptied the memory caches.

- Enabled high power performance, and disabled any automatic sleep or shut-off options after a certain period of time that was available.

If anyone has had similar problems, or would be able to give any advice on the matter - I would really appreciate it. If you require any additional details, please don't hesitate to ask, though I've tried my best to summarise everything I have done thus far, but may have missed some things. Thank you in advance!

:)

Dephonic, May 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 Freeze / Hang

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Ramesh.Kumar on this

thread
    . To know more on how to resolved your issue with Windows 10 screen freeze/ hang.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, May 23, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2019
  4. Windows 10: PC Freezing / Hanging everywhere.

pc 'hangs' or freezes randomly

While in use suddenly nothing responds to mouse or keyboard for long minutes, then starts up again ok for a few minutes. Have tried all usual restart/etc. online suggestions without luck.

Have found in Task Manager - Processes - there are listed 4 'Suspended" items, Could they be the culprits causing the 'hang or freeze'.

Can't determine exactly what the suspended are so am hesitant to 'End Task' them.

klaro 1590, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: PC Freezing / Hanging everywhere.

1. Windows 10: PC Freezing / Hanging everywhere. - Similar Threads - Freezing Hanging everywhere

2. Windows Hangs/freezes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hangs/freezes.: Recently my PC has been suffering from hang up or freezes, usually at the Loh on screen after booting up, PC will freeze for a minute and the start responding again. Some times I try to start a program and the same thing happens, hangs up and a minute later it starts...
  3. Windows Hangs/freezes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hangs/freezes.: Recently my PC has been suffering from hang up or freezes, usually at the Loh on screen after booting up, PC will freeze for a minute and the start responding again. Some times I try to start a program and the same thing happens, hangs up and a minute later it starts...
  4. Windows hangs or freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hangs or freezes: Hello,I have been using win10 for sometimes but recently i am having this problem, like while using the laptop it hangs or freezes every 2/5 minutes. for example, i am google chrome or watching something on DVD player or even normal browsing, it will freeze every 2/5 mins. i...
  5. Windows hangs or freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hangs or freezes: Hello,I have been using win10 for sometimes but recently i am having this problem, like while using the laptop it hangs or freezes every 2/5 minutes. for example, i am google chrome or watching something on DVD player or even normal browsing, it will freeze every 2/5 mins. i...
  6. Windows hangs or freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC Freeze/ Hang up

PC Freeze/ Hang up: I've been trying to figure this one out for going on a few years now and I feel like i'm close to a possible cause. What has started all of this was my PC kept getting stuck at the 30% Windows update mark. Still haven't been able to update yet. I am forced to hard boot when...
  8. Browser Hanging and pc freezing

Browser Hanging and pc freezing: Hallo Sir/Madam i am using crome/opera on windows 10 home.The system configuration : Intel CPU Intel Pentium G3220@ 3.00 GHz, RAM 4 G.B, Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H81M, GPU geforce GT 710 1GB DDR3. My browsers sometimes are hanging and stop working. I am not using any...
  9. Freezing and Hanging Windows 10

Freezing and Hanging Windows 10: When you're typing or scrolling computer freezes or hangs for 2 to 10 seconds. I have tried everything that I can find on the internet, including 8 different power settings, and updates, and diagnostic test. Everything comes back normal. If I wasn't so scared of it I'd...
  10. windows 10 , hangs or freezes

windows 10 , hangs or freezes: My computer has windows 10,and it hangs or freezes,all the time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-hangs-or-freezes/cd07db91-6542-4766-abe6-db9716ae6d8f