Windows 10: Windows 10 PC Goes into Sleep Mode Too Quickly

Discus and support Windows 10 PC Goes into Sleep Mode Too Quickly in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Gateway desktop PC with Windows 10 installed. The computer goes to sleep even while I am working on it, including typing or scrolling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Desertdevil, May 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 PC Goes into Sleep Mode Too Quickly

Hi,

I have a Gateway desktop PC with Windows 10 installed. The computer goes to sleep even while I am working on it, including typing or scrolling with the mouse. Typically, if no input is being received if I am reading a document, for example, it will sleep after 2 minutes. Occasionally, it will sleep after 20 seconds or so, but that is pretty rare. I have tried to turn off all sleep settings, but have had no success in stopping the condition. Here are my current settings:

Power & Sleep

Screen: When plugged in, turn off after 2 hours

Sleep: When plugged in, PC goes to sleep Never

I have selected the Maximum performance plan; settings are identical to the Power & Sleep screen settings

Under advanced settings, I have the following:

Hard Disk: Turn off hard disk after 0 minutes

Sleep: Sleep after Never

System unattended sleep timeout: 60 minutes

Allow hybrid sleep: Off

Hibernate after: Never

Any suggestions on how to stop this from happening would be greatly appreciated. I've read through several other threads on here with similar problems, but as far as I can tell, I have adjusted all my settings per the suggested actions in those threads with no success.

The only other thing that I can think of -- and I'm really grasping at straws, now -- is that this condition started popping up around the time I installed a wireless keyboard/mouse and switched my virus protection from Kaspersky to BitDefender. Perhaps there is a driver conflict in there somewhere? If so, I wouldn't know how to detect and fix it.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

:)

Desertdevil, May 18, 2020

2. sleep mode - my pc goes into sleep mode too quickly. Tried "never" setting with no success.

- my pc goes into sleep mode too quickly. Tried "never" setting with no success.

IanKennedyXO, May 18, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Laptop goes to sleep to quickly

Hi Teri,

Conflicts with the screensaver settings is one of the possible reasons why your laptop goes to sleep quickly. Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue? We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that was provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969. Many community members find their post helpful.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 PC Goes into Sleep Mode Too Quickly

Laptop goes to sleep to quickly

My HP Laptop w/ Windows 10 goes to SLEEP mode within a minute.

I have tried changing the settings and I have tried troubleshooting.

and a few other silly suggestions found on line. Nothing works!

Very frustrating. Has anyone found an actual solution?

TeriHardin, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 PC Goes into Sleep Mode Too Quickly

1. Windows 10 PC Goes into Sleep Mode Too Quickly - Similar Threads - Goes Sleep Mode

2. My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally: My PC suddenly goes to sleep mode occasionally while I'm using it. I have set sleep mode as "never". I called a technician and he is saying it's a graphics card issue. I have reset my graphics card and it fixed the issue, just today it's happening again. Please help in using...
  3. My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally: My PC suddenly goes to sleep mode occasionally while I'm using it. I have set sleep mode as "never". I called a technician and he is saying it's a graphics card issue. I have reset my graphics card and it fixed the issue, just today it's happening again. Please help in using...
  4. My PC goes on sleep mode occasionally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally

My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally: Hi this problem happens to me for some time.My pc suddenly goes into sleep mode while I am working or not.It happens occasionally.I have the power settings into go to sleep mode never from display settings. Nothing happens.Before I called a technician he said that the problem...
  6. My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc goes into sleep mode occasionally: Hi this problem happens to me for some time.My pc suddenly goes into sleep mode while I am working or not.It happens occasionally.I have the power settings into go to sleep mode never from display settings. Nothing happens.Before I called a technician he said that the problem...
  7. How do I extend sleep mode - it moves into sleep mode too quickly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I extend sleep mode - it moves into sleep mode too quickly: How do I extend sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-sleep-mode-it-moves-into-sleep/af033ba5-f7ce-4728-ae6d-4d7d2d76d785
  8. PC sleeps too quickly.

PC sleeps too quickly.: I am using WIN10, latest update. However this problem has existed from the beginning of installing WIN10. I will be working, and move away from my PC for maybe two minutes and the PC will be sleeping. I have changed the time to remain on all the way from 15 minutes to...
  9. Windows 10 never goes to sleep mode

Windows 10 never goes to sleep mode: Hi, I have a strange power settings problem with my Win 10. 1. If I set the time to sleep to anything except non "never", it goes to sleep mode after 2 mins if unattended, no matter if I have anything running in the background. 2. If I specify "System unattended sleep...
  10. Windows 10 automatically goes in sleep mode!!

Windows 10 automatically goes in sleep mode!!: Hello friends .. i am using windows 10 since last two weeks..since installation i am facing this issue .. my pc goes into sleep mode without any reason..suppose i am working on anything ..like i am watching you tube videos or anything..suddenly my screen changes to black and...