Windows 10: Windows 10 PC has stopped showing thumbnails of my photos when I connect my Google Pixel 4...

Discus and support Windows 10 PC has stopped showing thumbnails of my photos when I connect my Google Pixel 4... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I encountered this exact same problem in September, 2017, and it eventually got fixed by the release of a new version of the camera app I believe. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RickShabsin, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 PC has stopped showing thumbnails of my photos when I connect my Google Pixel 4...

I encountered this exact same problem in September, 2017, and it eventually got fixed by the release of a new version of the camera app I believe. It is now happening again. Recently, my Windows 10 PC has stopped showing thumbnails of my photos when I connect my Google Pixel 4 phone to it and go into Internal Shared Storage->DCIM->Camera. Instead, it shows me Photoshop my default JPEG editor icons, the blue square with a white Ps on it. This started a few days ago it previously always showed my my photos as thumbnails, but I can't tie it to any known upgrades, either to my phone or Windows, that I may have made. This is very frustrating as I use my phone's camera a lot, and editing my phone's pictures is now quite difficult, since I have to open each image in Photoshop to see what it is. In my Windows settings, I do not have "Display file icon on thumbnails" checked. Any help getting my thumbnails back? Thanks.

:)

RickShabsin, Mar 28, 2020

2. Google Pixel Phone Photos Not Showing Up as Thumbnails When Displayed in a Windows Explorer Folder

I was told to ask this question here by the Google Pixel Community. Their thought is this might be a Windows-related problem, though they are still looking at it from their end.

Recently, my Windows 10 PC has stopped showing thumbnails of my photos when I connect my Google Pixel phone to it and go into Internal Shared Storage->DCIM->Camera. Instead, it shows me Photoshop (my
    default JPEG editor) icons, the blue square with a white Ps on it. This started a few months ago (it previously always showed my my photos as thumbnails), but I can't tie it to any known upgrades, either to my phone or Windows, that I may have made. This is
    very frustrating as I use my phone's camera a lot, and editing my phone's pictures is now quite difficult, since I have to open each image in Photoshop to see what it is.

In my Windows settings, I do not have "Display file icon on thumbnails" checked. Any help getting my thumbnails back? Thanks.

3. Freemac Win User
    Google Pixel Phone Photos Not Showing Up as Thumbnails When Displayed in a Windows Explorer Folder

I needed to move on mine (clean up files). Oddly, once again when I moved the photos to my Windows 10 PC, then returned a subset of the photos back to the Pixel, that subset was then visible as jpegs on the phone via Windows Explorer. This could be a
    space issue (for the thumbnails), but I don't think so because had space on the Pixel before I made the move.

Freemac, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 PC has stopped showing thumbnails of my photos when I connect my Google Pixel 4...

Google Pixel Phone Photos Not Showing Up as Thumbnails When Displayed in a Windows Explorer Folder

My phone is a 16GB Google Pixel phone running Android 8.0.0. At your suggestion, I tried several other devices, an old Samsung Galaxy III phone running Android 4.4.2 and a Nexus 7 tablet running Android 5.1.1 and they both properly displayed thumbnails
    and not the blue Photoshop icons. This leads me to believe the problem is most likely with the Google phone's Android O/S, and possibly some recent upgrade they made to it. (Though I don't suppose it totally rules out a Windows 10 issue.) I'm going to submit
    this information to the Google Pixel Community for their information to see if it's helpful to them.

Thema:

Windows 10 PC has stopped showing thumbnails of my photos when I connect my Google Pixel 4...

1. Windows 10 PC has stopped showing thumbnails of my photos when I connect my Google Pixel 4... - Similar Threads - has stopped showing

2. How to get my thumbnails to show on my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my thumbnails to show on my pc: I have a HP Computer and am using WINDOWS 11. I unlinked my one drive and linked it back. The thumbnails were showing however when everything was synced just a few thumbnails are now showing but most of them are now icons. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME...
  3. How to get my thumbnails to show on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my thumbnails to show on my pc: I have a HP Computer and am using WINDOWS 11. I unlinked my one drive and linked it back. The thumbnails were showing however when everything was synced just a few thumbnails are now showing but most of them are now icons. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME...
  4. Not showing any previews/ thumbnails to my IPhone photos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing any previews/ thumbnails to my IPhone photos.: I recently downloaded all my photos from ICloud to my PC. I've tried many ways to import my photos but this is the only successful way for me personally without downloading any third-party applications. I wish this problem can be resolved as i cannot view any of my photos in...
  5. Not showing any previews/ thumbnails to my IPhone photos.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not showing any previews/ thumbnails to my IPhone photos.: I recently downloaded all my photos from ICloud to my PC. I've tried many ways to import my photos but this is the only successful way for me personally without downloading any third-party applications. I wish this problem can be resolved as i cannot view any of my photos in...
  6. New features coming to Google Pixel 4 phone

in Windows 10 News
    New features coming to Google Pixel 4 phone: KnRbXWojW7c As we shared last month, Pixel 4 is in the works1. Today we’re giving you an early look at the technology behind two new features coming to Pixel 4 that make your phone more helpful and represent a next step in our vision for ambient computing. Motion Sense...
  7. Windows 10 won't show photo thumbnails or delete photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't show photo thumbnails or delete photos: Since the last update my windows 10 won't show the thumbnails. I tried to delete some of the photos and they won't delete either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-show-photo-thumbnails-or-delete/7ae425f5-00bd-4b35-a882-4e7189aeb4e8
  8. Thumbnails not showing image in Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails not showing image in Photos: I am new to Windows 10 and I'm not sure what I've done, but all of the thumbnails for all my photos look like the Photos icon. The one that has a blue background and looks like a couple little mountains. How do I get then to show the photo image again?...
  9. My photo thumbnails are broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My photo thumbnails are broken: I discovered that all my photo thumbnail broke down. Yesterday I cleared my photo thumbnails with disk cleanup and then restarted the system but it didn’t help. Could you help me to solve this problem?...
  10. Google Chrome: My Thumbnails Disappeared??

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome: My Thumbnails Disappeared??: My frequent website thumbnails on my Google Home page have all disappeared. I had about a dozen of them and this morning when I logged on to my PC and opened Google I noticed I just has a blank Google page with the usual Search Bar and that's all. The Internet works fine...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Google pixel Windows no thumbail