Windows 10: Windows 10 PC. Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now.

Discus and support Windows 10 PC. Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now but PC has not been right since the first of the year so I'm thinking of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RogerG80, Jul 15, 2021.

1. RogerG80 Win User

Windows 10 PC. Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now.

Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now but PC has not been right since the first of the year so I'm thinking of uninstalling it.

:)

RogerG80, Jul 15, 2021
  2. Alan B Win User

Windows Defender vs Norton 360

Norton 360 includes a back-up facility. Windows 10 provides a back-up facility although it isn't part of Defender.

Norton 360 includes a firewall. Windows 10 provides a firewall although it isn't part of Defender.

Norton 360 includes protection against malware. Defender provides protection against malware.

Alan B, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Norton 360 Firewall Instructions

So, just to make sure, you have disabled the Norton and it connects OK, e.g. the firewall is the problem? I would say that the settings for the Norton Personal Firewall would be the same for 360 since same manufacturer. You should be able to input the same
    info in 360 somewhere. Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the software so can't give step by step instructions. I guess you could wait for someone to respond that has experience with 360 or go to a Norton forum.

Resourceful, Jul 15, 2021
  4. Windows 10 PC. Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now.

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 PC. Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now.

1. Windows 10 PC. Is MSFT Defender sufficient for antivirus & firewall? Have Norton 360 now. - Similar Threads - MSFT Defender sufficient

2. Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates: I want to use Windows Defender Firewall to block outbound connections. I've configured it to block outbound connections and added a rule to allow the browser. However Windows Defender Antivirus then cannot download antivirus updates. I've tried adding a rule to allow...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates: I want to use Windows Defender Firewall to block outbound connections. I've configured it to block outbound connections and added a rule to allow the browser. However Windows Defender Antivirus then cannot download antivirus updates. I've tried adding a rule to allow...
  4. Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off: Hi, I want to write about subject matter, I see that both are off and I cannot make it on one of them also. I have been to web site of Windows and I found the same problem and the solution, I tried all of three and nothing work. Any other solution please? I am using Windows...
  5. Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off: Hi, I want to write about subject matter, I see that both are off and I cannot make it on one of them also. I have been to web site of Windows and I found the same problem and the solution, I tried all of three and nothing work. Any other solution please? I am using Windows...
  6. Norton 360 and Windows Defender both are off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Is Windows Defender sufficient?

Is Windows Defender sufficient?: Is Windows Defender (Windows 10) as good as the other free antivirus programs? Ist Windows Defender ausreichend?
  8. Is it recommended to purchase an antivirus like Kaspersky or is windows defender sufficient?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it recommended to purchase an antivirus like Kaspersky or is windows defender sufficient?: submitted by /u/See-bott [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fz3s9p/is_it_recommended_to_purchase_an_antivirus_like/
  9. Norton 360

Norton 360: I have a Surface Pro X, can I download Norton 360? If so, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/norton-360/bc684229-33a4-4355-a08b-ab57985e3ac1"
  10. Is Windows Defender Sufficient?

Is Windows Defender Sufficient?: is windows defender antivirus is enough to protect my pc ? [Original Title: security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/is-windows-defender-sufficient/f5d4e65f-de4d-42a9-bba4-fc38c8551d3e