Windows 10: Windows 10 PC is slow and laggy after the latest Windows Update

Discus and support Windows 10 PC is slow and laggy after the latest Windows Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey Everyone, Today I updated my PC to the latest build of Windows 10, after updating my system takes a lot of time to boot, remains stuck for 1 min... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnonymousPirate hates_mac, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 PC is slow and laggy after the latest Windows Update

Hey Everyone,

Today I updated my PC to the latest build of Windows 10, after updating my system takes a lot of time to boot, remains stuck for 1 min at Please Wait Screen on LockScreen, Disk Usage remains 100%, and everything lags. Windows 10 PC is slow and laggy after the latest Windows Update :(

I do not want to wipe and reinstall Windows.

Please HELP ME!!

:)

AnonymousPirate hates_mac, Jul 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 1, 2019
  3. sandman- Win User
    Slow & Laggy PC

Hello,

So, a few months ago i decided to upgrade from windows 8 to windows 10 Home, everything went though smoothly. a month later i decided to upgrade to windows 10 pro. after upgrading my pc has became extremely slow and laggy. i can barely watch videos, play
    games, web page load extremely slow, everything just slow. so i thought maybe windows 10 pro just isnt for me, so i downgraded back to windows 10 home and everything is still the same, slow and laggy and my CPU and RAM always 100% even when i just have chrome
    open. i deleted the windows.old folder, did a clean install but nothing works. any suggestion?

My pc is a Dell System Inspiron N7110

installed memory ram: 4.00 GB (3.90) GB unstable

Here's a link to my pc test results page

Dell System Inspiron N7110 Performance Results - UserBenchmark

sandman-, Jul 1, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 PC is slow and laggy after the latest Windows Update

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 PC is slow and laggy after the latest Windows Update

1. Windows 10 PC is slow and laggy after the latest Windows Update - Similar Threads - slow laggy latest

2. Windows Update - Laggy PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update - Laggy PC: It is the 22. Jan. 2023A Windows update was pending and my computer became laggy again, to the point where it is unusable. This happened 8-10 times now.By now I feel like this information should be logged. There is countless threads on this issue already. I'd be interested in...
  3. Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is laggy and slow after 20H2 update: Hi, I've recently decided to update my windows 10 machine to 20H2 in order to use some WSL 2 features. I have noticed, however, that my PC gets annoyingly laggy when using the Windows Terminal, WSL, Chrome or just by opening any other program. Has anyone ever had this problem...
  4. Windows 10 is slow and laggy

Windows 10 is slow and laggy: It's been like this for a month. I think an windows 10 update caused it. My specs: Intel Pentium G3220T, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB 7200 RPM HDD, Intel HD Integrated Graphics: GT1, 4400 GT2, 4600 GT2 I'm using HP Pavilion 21-h116 (its probably 6 years old) submitted by...
  5. SLOW AND LAGGY WINDOW 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SLOW AND LAGGY WINDOW 10: hey Microsoft, I am your very old user. ive used your every windows. but recently i bought a new pc for my study purpose. After sometime when i just got used to this window this window 10 STARTED LAGGING AND BEING SLOW which was not right. my background purchases sometimes...
  6. Laggy pc after activate and update Windows 10

Laggy pc after activate and update Windows 10: Hi, i recently activated my windows 10 pro with an ebay 2.00 dollars key, after that i updated windows 10 to 2004 version i think. The next day i start my pc like always and something was wrong, the mouse was like freeze and the pc feeled laggy,i put some music on spotify and...
  7. Photoshop very laggy and slow after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Photoshop very laggy and slow after Windows 10 update: Hi, have major lag after updating to Windows 10. When I was working in Windows 7, my computer and Photoshop had managed this without any issues. After installing Windows 10 and running Photoshop I can't do any sort of paint stroke or editing without major lag. The stroke of...
  8. Laggy after update to latest version

Laggy after update to latest version: Why am I the only one experiencing a lag in my laptop here and there after i updated the latest software? I know it was supposed to be smoother but for my case it didn't. When I tried to use any of the Microsoft Office like Word Docu, Powerpoint, it ended up lagging. I tried...
  9. Windows 10 laggy and slow

Windows 10 laggy and slow: i own a Lenovo Ip320 80xl specs: i5 7th gen 1tb hdd 8gb ram 2gb nvidia 940mx graphics newer verison of windows 10 like build 1803, 1709 all performs so slow in everything like opening file explorer, this pc, idm all apps slow boot times and shut downs all things are so...
  10. Slow/laggy Windows 10 animations

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow/laggy Windows 10 animations: Hello, I have a new 10" tablet (1920x1080) with a x5-z8300 CPU and the following problem, that all Windows 10 animations like switching windows, opening apps, swiping around the task bar and so on are "laggy" or frames are being dropped. Newest HD drivers are being...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new windows 10 install edge laggy and slow

2. w10 slow and laggy