Windows 10: Windows 10 PC keeps freezing but why?

Discus and support Windows 10 PC keeps freezing but why? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've come across a really frustrating problem and I can't seem to solve it. If I'm on my PC and I don't move the cursor for about 6-8 minutes, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Emilio Girling, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Windows 10 PC keeps freezing but why?

I've come across a really frustrating problem and I can't seem to solve it. If I'm on my PC and I don't move the cursor for about 6-8 minutes, the whole computer will freeze. Then I'll have to hold the button on the tower to force the whole PC off. This never used to happen so I don't know why this keeps happening but it's really actually annoying when I'm trying to use my PC at times. I've never had this problem ever before in my life so this is strange and I just want help.

I have a couple ideas of why this could be happening. I'm not no computer expert so I have no knowledge of issues like these. But I have 2 keyboards connected to my PC, 2 monitors, a pair of water speakers, and a mouse but everything is LED. I feel like because I'm using every USB port on the tower it could be causing the PC to freeze? But then when I first got the computer it never froze so that doesn't really make sense. Another thought I had was about the drivers. I feel like I need to update a specific driver or something? But I know nothing about that stuff. Could that be causing my computer to freeze? But whenever I go into Windows settings and check my drivers it already says I'm using the latest one. My final thought I had was my PC could be overheating but it doesn't seem hot or make hardly any noise. I have my PS4 on top of the tower and also 2 speakers on top of it. Could that be the cause of anything? Also loads of wires all jumbled up together at the back of my desk.

I've researched everywhere for help, for a fix ect and I still haven't solved this. I've ran commands through the run thing on Windows, I've held CTRL, Alt and Shift and pressed B which apparently resets the graphics driver or something, I've restored my whole PC so it's all fresh and everything deleted and it still freezes! I also went in to that folder called temp or something like that and deleted everything because someone recommended that could help. This was by the way a brand new PC I bought from Currys PC World.

Here is some more information on my system:

Windows 10 PC keeps freezing but why? cd58a515-d9cf-4ee7-8a31-0a1bebcd11e0?upload=true.png

I'm not asking for a massive essay of what to do because that just causes confusion. I want short nice and easy steps of what to do if you know how to solve this. That is the best way to solve this. Thanks!

:)

Emilio Girling, Dec 20, 2018
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 keeps freezing on my PC.

Hi,

Corrupted system files may be the possible reason why your computer keeps freezing. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from reinstalling Windows and updating drivers?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to improve your computer performance in Windows 10. You may expand
    Check memory and memory usage
    to find out how much memory you have and how much of it is currently being used. Also, try to scan and restore corrupted system files by expanding
    Check for corrupted Windows system files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Windows 10 PC keeps freezing but why?

pc keeps freezing

Hi Iden,

The issue may occur due to corrupted system file or full of memory storage. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any updates happened?
    • Were there any error messages?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article:
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 PC keeps freezing but why?

1. Windows 10 PC keeps freezing but why? - Similar Threads - keeps freezing why

2. WHY DOES MY PC KEEP FREEZING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHY DOES MY PC KEEP FREEZING: I can play games for the most part without it freezing it freezes on games every couple days , it’ll go a couple days without freezing then one day it will freeze 10 times it’s unresponsive and i have to power off of and turn back on happens mainly when i try to download...
  3. WHY DOES MY PC KEEP FREEZING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY DOES MY PC KEEP FREEZING: I can play games for the most part without it freezing it freezes on games every couple days , it’ll go a couple days without freezing then one day it will freeze 10 times it’s unresponsive and i have to power off of and turn back on happens mainly when i try to download...
  4. WHY DOES MY PC KEEP FREEZING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my PC keep freezing and crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC keep freezing and crashing?: Hi, I built the original version of my Windows 10 Home PC in October of 2022. About a month ago, I upgraded the CPU in my system to have an i5-13600K.Here are my specs:Asus Prime B660M-A D4 LGA 1700 motherboardIntel i5-13600K cpuNvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition...
  6. Windows 10 pc keeps freezing

Windows 10 pc keeps freezing: I have a windows 10 PC. Its 2014 Toshiba p50 b 11p. It started, first when the windows crashed. I installed a new windows 10 on it, it worked for a few weeks until yesterday. It froze so I restarted it, but then it even didn't open the main screen. I installed windows 10...
  7. PC keeps freezing or mouse keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps freezing or mouse keeps freezing: so I did the latest windows 10 update and ever since I did it my pc will freeze for a second every 5 ish seconds I don't know if its my mouse because i check for driver updates and nothing i uninstalled my mouse and that didn't fix it (new mouse as well). I also just...
  8. My PC keeps freezing - Windows 10

My PC keeps freezing - Windows 10: How do I repair my computer using Windows 10 that keeps freezing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-keeps-freezing-windows-10/a3ecc506-739e-430f-850f-51caa9604b0f
  9. Windows 10 PC keeps randomly freezing

Windows 10 PC keeps randomly freezing: My Windows 10 PC keeps randomly freezing! It never used to happen, but after like 5-6 months of having the PC it keeps freezing. I thought it could be something to do with the drivers but every time I go to update a driver through Windows it says the latest driver is already...
  10. PC keeps freezing. Windows 10 Home.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC keeps freezing. Windows 10 Home.: Hi! My PC keeps freezing, requiring me to do a hard boot after approx. 20 minutes of activity . Windows 10 Home. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated....