Windows 10: Windows 10 PC Keeps Getting BSOD After Installing SSD / Running Multiple Programmes Crashes It

Discus and support Windows 10 PC Keeps Getting BSOD After Installing SSD / Running Multiple Programmes Crashes It in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I really hope someone can help me as I've been struggling with my PC all week. I've had this PC for about 6 years and over time have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yellowheart90, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 PC Keeps Getting BSOD After Installing SSD / Running Multiple Programmes Crashes It

Hi there,

I really hope someone can help me as I've been struggling with my PC all week. I've had this PC for about 6 years and over time have upgraded memory, graphics card and last week I bought a 1TB SSD to ideally replace my 1TB HDD. I followed the guides to clone my HDD to the SSD, booted up as I should and everything looked like it worked OK. Windows 10 transferred over with no issue.

However, from that same day, I've had dozens of BSODs whenever I'm on my computer. They occur more often if I'm trying to multitask not even a lot. Previously I was able to have Chrome open, a video game e.g. WoW, Discord etc open and it would never have any issues. Now, if I try and even have WoW and Chrome open, the PC just crashes. The BSOD messages I'm getting are all different but often seem to relate to memory.

I have 32GB of ram 4 x 8GB and my BF installed this for me at least a year ago. There's not been any issues with it up to now. It also wasn't touched while he put in the new SSD so I just don't understand why I'm having memory issues now.

I though that the crashes could have been due to a failure in the cloning, so I did a complete clean installation of Windows 10 on the SSD. The old HDD has been unplugged since too. I reformatted all the partitions etc of the SSD and did the Win 10 install from a USB. I then have since reinstalled all my needed drivers, programmes etc. Yet it still continues to crash and I'm really tearing my hair out :'

I don't know what to do. I thought about unplugging the SSD and replugging the old HDD in but because they both now have Windows 10 on, I'm scared of damaging my PC. Is it OK for me to do this, will the old OS from the HDD still work normally? I thought I could try it out with the old HDD for a while, and then if I got no more crashes, assume the issue was to do with the SSD and look to return it as a defect.

I think when answering these, you lovely helpers often ask for data dump things - I'm happy to share these if it will help but I'm really not very techy. Doing the SSD/reinstalling Windows was the peak of what I can do! If anyone has any suggestions I would be forever grateful.

Emma

:)

yellowheart90, Sep 15, 2020
  2. konyciua Win User

Getting all kinds of BSOD while installing Windows 10 on an empty SSD

I was receiving a BSOD every 1-4 weeks (while working on Windows 10), wasn't able to figure out the cause of it. Tested RAM, SSD, all were good and I didn't pay too much attention.

Yesterday I've received another BSOD, didn't mind it, PC restarted and I saw a Windows message of "Automatic repair", which then resulted into "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.". Left it there for another 10 or so hours - it
    was still running. Shut down the PC, took out the SSD (Samsung EVO 850, bought 6 months ago), backed up all the data, cleaned it, formatted and now trying to install windows on an empty SSD. Using a USB. These are the BSODs that I'm currently receiving when
    trying to launch a Windows installation (by the way, same BSODs were appearing earlier "when everything was fine"):

• IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL
    • SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
    • KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
    • NTFS FILE SYSTEM
    • MULTIPLE IRP COMPLETE REQUESTS
    • BAD POOL HEADER
    Already tried:

• reformatting the SSD
    • reformatting the USB and flashing Windows installation to it
    • tried using another USB
    • switching RAM sticks (in total there are 4 of them, 8 GB each)
    • BIOS default
    PC parts:

• Motherboard: Asus B350-PLUS
    • CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700
    • RAM: G.Skill Flare X DDR4-2400 (4x8GB)
    • SSD: Samsung 850 EVO (500 GB)

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

konyciua, Sep 15, 2020
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 15, 2020
  4. yangwu90 Win User

Windows 10 PC Keeps Getting BSOD After Installing SSD / Running Multiple Programmes Crashes It

Multiple BSOD Crashes After April 2018 Windows 10 Update

I recently updated my new HP Envy 13t ultrabook (bought Feb 2018) to the April 2018 Windows 10 update (OS Version 1803, build 17134.1), and since then the computer has had multiple BSOD crashes. The stop code
    errors for these crashes includes everything from:

• UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION
    • CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    • KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (dxgknl.sys failure).
    There are also instances when the disk space has been stuck on 100% for no apparent reason, even when only running 1 or 2 programs. The computer seems to crash on varying random occasions (even when the computer
    is asleep), and I have not been able to pinpoint the causes for these failures. I have tried everything from:

• running full computer scans (both on Windows Defender and pre-installed McAfee. No malware or virus was found),
    • disabling/uninstalling the pre-installed anti-virus software,
    • running SFC (no integrity violations found),
    • checking for errors and optimizing/defragmenting the hard drives,
    • updating every single driver through Device Manager,
    • updating HP drivers,
    • installing a couple PC scanners and trying to manually resolve issues, and
    • even running a clean Windows 10 update through "Reset this PC" recovery tool,
    but nothing has seemed to work as I continue to have these frustrating random crashes. I have barely installed any new software and the crashes only started occurring after upgrading to the new Windows 10 update.

I am asking the community for any tips or suggestions on how I may combat my computer issues and resolve my BSOD crashes. Thank you all in advance for help.

yangwu90, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 PC Keeps Getting BSOD After Installing SSD / Running Multiple Programmes Crashes It

1. Windows 10 PC Keeps Getting BSOD After Installing SSD / Running Multiple Programmes Crashes It - Similar Threads - Keeps Getting BSOD

2. Keep getting BSOD after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting BSOD after fresh install: I have tried memtest and driver verifier nothing seems to be able to identify the problem.here are a few dumpshttps://1drv.ms/f/s!AnZ7wzN6iCUxmzk8_uMUqUC37iA5?e=6XExAu...
  3. Multiple BSOD on Installing Windows after major crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD on Installing Windows after major crash: Hi, I have a brand new system See below running Win11 that was perfectly fine for about a week until BSOD I was away for the first one, and came back to the login screen. Immediately BSOD on login with "DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER". Was able to Safe mode into Windows 11 to...
  4. Multiple BSOD on Installing Windows after major crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD on Installing Windows after major crash: Hi, I have a brand new system See below running Win11 that was perfectly fine for about a week until BSOD I was away for the first one, and came back to the login screen. Immediately BSOD on login with "DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER". Was able to Safe mode into Windows 11 to...
  5. pc games keep crashing and getting bsod after power cut

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc games keep crashing and getting bsod after power cut: i dont really know y but my pc keeps crashing on games and idk how to fix it. here is my dump file if that helps https://gofile.io/d/Rb8rZK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-games-keep-crashing-and-getting-bsod-after/dc39d257-64e9-41c2-b85a-60372492c9a6
  6. Windows 10 PC keeps crashing (BSOD)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 PC keeps crashing (BSOD): This is a brand new PC that got built by a friend of mine, and for the past few days usually in mornings it'll crash with the BSOD and it'll say for different reasons. sometimes it'll be memory management, sometimes its system service exception, and today for the first time i...
  7. Windows 10 crashes after SSD install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 crashes after SSD install: Hi I have bought a NUC NUC8I3CYSM with windows 10 home installed on a hdd in the kit. Working absolutely fine until I installed a SSD samsung EVO840. SSD came from another NUC where it worked flawless for years. After SSD install, cant go 1 hour without multiple crashes....
  8. PC running into Multiple BSOD

PC running into Multiple BSOD: I recently just upgraded my PC and now im running a intel i9 with a GeForce 2060 gpu and a new Motherboard z370 gaming carbon pro. The errors that im getting are PerfProc 2002 DNS Client Events 1014 Distrbuted Com 10016 Http Events 15301 I keep having to wipe clean...
  9. Problem with BSODs, crashes after new SSD installed

Problem with BSODs, crashes after new SSD installed: I installed a new SSD in my PC and imaged my old SSD onto it, which caused it to crash randomly on the login page, reboot randomly, run very very slowly (upwards of 5 minutes to open the start menu, for instance), and freeze a lot. I reimaged, same thing. So I did a clean...
  10. Multiple antimalware programmes crashes with my computer.

Multiple antimalware programmes crashes with my computer.: Hi, My laptop has been infected by malware so i installed 4 antimalware programmes (which is Rkill, Adwcleaner, malewarebytes, and hitmanpro) and try to get rid of it. I run the Rkill followed by adwcleaner and it found some malware files as expected. Then, i click clean...