Windows 10: Windows 10 PC keeps waking up from sleep.

Discus and support Windows 10 PC keeps waking up from sleep. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My PC keeps waking up from sleep every few minutes. Some time it can go longer without waking up. I've tried this solution but it didn't work. Here's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/justAreallyLONGname, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 PC keeps waking up from sleep.

/u/justAreallyLONGname, Jun 5, 2020

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Troubleshooting PCs spontaneously waking from sleep

I've also battled with sleep/wake issues over the years, and from experience have learned that trying to find, or rationalise, the root cause is a waste of time. All you need is `powercfg`.

`powercfg -devicequery wake_armed` from an Administrator PowerShell window/Command Prompt will give you a list of all devices that can possibly wake the PC. This command is interesting because very often, it will show devices that you'd never expect being able to wake your computer. I think in one instance I had the chipset device listed!

`powercfg -devicedisablewake "device_name_from_device_query"`will prevent said device from ever waking the computer. This command is 100% the only thing I have found that will resolve sleep/wake problems. Updating drivers, unplugging peripherals, switching to a cleaner power supply (UPS), changing ethernet cables... none of those have helped, yet`powercfg -devicedisablewake` has done the trick.

Note that occasionally, devices you have disabled wake for may start waking up the PC again - this happens if you plug a USB device into a different port, or occasionally when drivers are updated, because Windows sees it as a new device. In that case rerun `powercfg` to find and disable that device again.

If this does not resolve your wake issues, I would start looking at power fluctuations.

Assimilator, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 PC keeps waking up from sleep.

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 PC keeps waking up from sleep.

1. Windows 10 PC keeps waking up from sleep. - Similar Threads - keeps waking sleep

2. PC not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not waking up from sleep: I have an HP Pavilion All in One running Windows 11. It is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non use - setting as delivered. It has suddenly started to not wake up when pressing a keyboard key and I have to resort to forced power off and power up again. I have checked in...
  3. PC not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not waking up from sleep: I have an HP Pavilion All in One running Windows 11. It is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non use - setting as delivered. It has suddenly started to not wake up when pressing a keyboard key and I have to resort to forced power off and power up again. I have checked in...
  4. PC keeps waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps waking from sleep: Hi all Not sure what is causing this? or how to fix it?C:\Windows\System32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43F7&SUBSYS_11421B21&REV_01\6&2766d23f&0&00600011 Friendly...
  5. PC keeps waking from sleep

PC keeps waking from sleep: Hi all Not sure what is causing this? or how to fix it?C:\Windows\System32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_43F7&SUBSYS_11421B21&REV_01\6&2766d23f&0&00600011 Friendly...
  6. PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately: Hello, recently my pc instantly wakes up from sleep. I checked lastwake and got this:Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43ED&SUBSYS_43ED1849&REV_11\3&11583659&0&A0 Friendly Name: IntelR...
  7. PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately: Hello, recently my pc instantly wakes up from sleep. I checked lastwake and got this:Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43ED&SUBSYS_43ED1849&REV_11\3&11583659&0&A0 Friendly Name: IntelR...
  8. PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately

9. WINDOWS 10 PC KEEPS WAKING FROM SLEEP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WINDOWS 10 PC KEEPS WAKING FROM SLEEP: PC continually wakes from sleep in Windows 10. powercfg /lastwake identified Intel(R)USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller-1.0 (Microsoft) Intel no longer supports host controller. Intel Driver Assistant, scanned and advised no updates for device. How do I stop this...
  10. Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse keeps waking up PC from sleep: Hi, I am trying to prevent my mouse from waking up my PC and currently haven't found a solution. Things tried: Wake up feature from the mouse is currently unticked. In the keyboard section there are two HID keyboards. The second one is the mouse, since when I unticked...