Windows 10: Windows 10 PC keeps waking up into a blank screen

Discus and support Windows 10 PC keeps waking up into a blank screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been experiencing a problem since a few days ago with my Windows PC. Before the problem showed up, this used to be normal behavior: I would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sid_0987, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Sid_0987 Win User

Windows 10 PC keeps waking up into a blank screen

I have been experiencing a problem since a few days ago with my Windows PC.

Before the problem showed up, this used to be normal behavior: I would leave the PC in sleep mode every night when I go to sleep, and so far, it has waken up normally every time as expected. I've noticed that, sometimes, it wakes up on its own to install updates, I suspect. During those sessions, the monitor doesn't come on, which I expect, and the PC goes back to sleep when it's done, I assume.

However, in the last few days, it seems that when it wakes up on its own, it does not go back to sleep. When I try to wake it up, all I see is a black screen on the monitor, and keyboard and mouse are not responsive num-lock, caps-lock not toggling, etc. I have to hold down the power button to force a shutdown. Once I power-cycle it like this, it comes back on normally. This behavior has occurred 4 out of the last 7 days.

The Windows Reliability Monitor shows a "Hardware error" like below on almost every episode before the manual shutdown:

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 141

Parameter 1: ffffdf83dacf3010

Parameter 2: fffff800828aaf30

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 4

OS version: 10_0_19041

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

What I have tried:

• Use hibernation instead of sleep.
    • Update all the drivers from Device Manager.
    • Reinstall graphics driver.
    • Remove anti-virus McAfee

All these attempts have been from comments on forums with users having similar problems, but I have not been able to solve my issue. I appreciate any help. I really do not want to re-install windows because I will have to reinstall so many programs :

System HW:

Motherboard: MSI Z390-A PRO ATX

Processor: Intel Core i9-9900K

Memory: 40GB DDR4-3200

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 590 series

PSU: EVGA 850W 80PLUS GOLD

Hard Drive 1 OS: 500GB WD BLUE SSD

Hard Drive 2 Docs: 3TB HDD 3.5" SATAIII

:)

Sid_0987, Oct 22, 2020
  2. zbook Win User
    zbook, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Windows 10 blank screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Black Screen on the PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

1. What is the make and model of the PC?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the article Troubleshoot black screen or blank
    screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 PC keeps waking up into a blank screen - Similar Threads - keeps waking blank

2. Windows gets a blank screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows gets a blank screen when waking up from sleep: One day I left my laptop on my desk to go out of my working space for a while 5 minutes or so. When I came back to the desk I attempt to wake my laptop up from sleep, but all I get is just a blank screen with no cursor, and no lock screen appears. The only thing I can do in...
  3. Windows gets a blank screen when waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows gets a blank screen when waking up from sleep: One day I left my laptop on my desk to go out of my working space for a while 5 minutes or so. When I came back to the desk I attempt to wake my laptop up from sleep, but all I get is just a blank screen with no cursor, and no lock screen appears. The only thing I can do in...
  4. Screen stays blank after system wakes up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen stays blank after system wakes up: I bought my new Dell laptop with Windows 11 in November and all worked fine at first but recently the screen stays blank / black after the system wakes up after sleep mode or when I reopen the laptop after a period of inactivity. I can only get it to work again by pressing...
  5. Screen stays blank after system wakes up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen stays blank after system wakes up: I bought my new Dell laptop with Windows 11 in November and all worked fine at first but recently the screen stays blank / black after the system wakes up after sleep mode or when I reopen the laptop after a period of inactivity. I can only get it to work again by pressing...
  6. PC keeps waking up.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps waking up.: For the past few days, every time I put my PC in sleep mode, it wakes up a few minutes later. Sometimes less than a minute later. I've never had this issue before. It would always stay sleep. I'm in Windows Version10.0.18363 Build 18363. 165822
  7. Pc keeps waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc keeps waking up: My pc keeps waking up from update orchestrator , I go into the command and enterpowercfg -waketimers the experation date just keeps moving so everynight my pc wakes up, I have to shut it down instead of putting it to sleep, This is an inconvenience, I can leave it on all...
  8. PC keeps waking up by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps waking up by itself: Hi guys, i have a problem with every installation of windows 10 i have. I prefer to use sleep or hibernation mode on my PC at night, but it randomly turn on in the middle of the night. What i already did: Disabled allow waketimers in power options. Used PStools to uncheck...
  9. Windows 10 PC keeps waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 PC keeps waking up from sleep.: My PC keeps waking up from sleep every few minutes. Some time it can go longer without waking up. I've tried this solution but it didn't work. Here's my "powercfg -lastwake" output but I'm not sure what it means. submitted by /u/justAreallyLONGname [link] [comments]...
  10. Blank screen/screen won't "wake up" after Windows 10 update. March 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank screen/screen won't "wake up" after Windows 10 update. March 2020: After running the latest Windows 10 update on March 26, 2020, I have a blank screen that won't wake up after the update. If I turn the computer off by holding down the power button, and then click F2 while the computer is restarting,the HP logo appears on the screen with the...