Windows 10: Windows 10 PC Laptop Lock Screen blank/black

Discus and support Windows 10 PC Laptop Lock Screen blank/black in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 PC laptop and when I turn on my laptop I will see the startup logo including my manufacturer logo Acer and loading screen. Once it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CC206, Oct 27, 2021.

1. CC206 Win User

Windows 10 PC Laptop Lock Screen blank/black

I have a Windows 10 PC laptop and when I turn on my laptop I will see the startup logo including my manufacturer logo Acer and loading screen. Once it gets to the lock/login screen the screen is blank. When I move my mouse I can see the cursor so I know the monitor is working. But nothing else happens even when I press keys. Can anyone help me? My PC was working properly with no issues and then all of a sudden it started doing this. I have left my computer on but nothing else happens.

:)

CC206, Oct 27, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 28, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    zbook, Oct 28, 2021
  4. Windows 10 PC Laptop Lock Screen blank/black

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 PC Laptop Lock Screen blank/black

1. Windows 10 PC Laptop Lock Screen blank/black - Similar Threads - Laptop Lock Screen

2. How to fix black or blank screen on laptop in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black or blank screen on laptop in Windows 10.: What could be the reason behind the black or blank screen of my laptop. How to fix it? One day before night it was working just fine but suddenly the next when I opened it, It was like this only. What should I do now ?? Is it something serious??...
  3. How to fix black or blank screen on laptop in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix black or blank screen on laptop in Windows 10.: What could be the reason behind the black or blank screen of my laptop. How to fix it? One day before night it was working just fine but suddenly the next when I opened it, It was like this only. What should I do now ?? Is it something serious??...
  4. How to fix black or blank screen on laptop in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank/Black Screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  6. Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blank/Black Screen: I was updating windows and then ran into a huge problem. When I turn on my PC it looks normal at first. Then it pops up with the a blue screen with time and date. Then I press enter and it goes to the login screen. From there the screen turned black after I try to login. Not...
  7. Blank/Black Screen

8. Windows 10 PC Laptop Lock Screen blank/black

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 PC Laptop Lock Screen blank/black: I have a Windows 10 PC laptop and when I turn on my laptop I will see the startup logo including my manufacturer logo Acer and loading screen. Once it gets to the lock/login screen the screen is blank. When I move my mouse I can see the cursor so I know the monitor is...
  9. Windows 10 PC Laptop Lock Screen blank/black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC Laptop Lock Screen blank/black: I have a Windows 10 PC laptop and when I turn on my laptop I will see the startup logo including my manufacturer logo Acer and loading screen. Once it gets to the lock/login screen the screen is blank. When I move my mouse I can see the cursor so I know the monitor is...
  10. PC screen remains blank. "black"

PC screen remains blank. "black": The computer got stuck like hanged remains till half an hour, and then i press the power button to switch off and when i again it switch on the screen remains black till now. it about 2 hr of the same screen....