Windows 10: Windows 10 PC member of Domain or Workgroup?

Discus and support Windows 10 PC member of Domain or Workgroup? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a personal domain name (mydomain.com) and it resolves to my home IP but I don't have AD or any Windows servers setup in my home network. For 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nootdude, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 PC member of Domain or Workgroup?

I have a personal domain name (mydomain.com) and it resolves to my home IP but I don't have AD or any Windows servers setup in my home network. For 1 single PC w/ Windows 10 installed, should I specify /u/nootdude
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nootdude, Nov 3, 2019

2. Windows 'domain'?

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your concern in the Microsoft Community. Follow these steps to find the domain name:

• Press the Windows key + R then choose System.
    • The name of your computer will be listed as the Full computer name.
    • The domain your computer belongs to will be listed as the Domain. If, instead of Domain, you see Workgroup, your computer
      is not a member of any domain.

If you have any questions or things you'd like to clarify, feel free to ask.

Marvin Barc, Nov 3, 2019
  3. I cannot change domain in Windows 10

Hi All,

I have just tried to change from the standard workgroup to a member of a domain but the domain box is greyed out.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Paul-F6589, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Windows 10 PC member of Domain or Workgroup?

In Windows 10 Home - why would you disable the ability to change the default workgroup name from "workgroup" to something else?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• How are you trying to change the work group name?
    Have you tried as below steps if not I suggest you to follow as below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”.
    • Click on “system”.
    • Then under “computer name, domain and workgroup settings” option.
    • Click on change “settings” on the right hand side.
    • Click on “computer name” tab.
    • Under the option “to rename this computer and change its domain or workgroup, click change”
      click on “change option”.
    • Under “computer name tab” enter the computer name accordingly and click on
      “ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 PC member of Domain or Workgroup?

1. Windows 10 PC member of Domain or Workgroup? - Similar Threads - member Domain Workgroup

2. Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC: Hi, I have problem to access a file share with the local user credential from a domain joined PC. I map the file share through network drive and select different user the login prompt shows up but the credential never get pass. Is it anything wrong that I do?...
  3. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    domain to workgroup: Hi Is it possible to change a domain account to microsoft account and move the computer from the domian to a workgroupRolf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-to-workgroup/d2eb94fe-13c4-488f-a1b2-0961207b8555
  4. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    domain to workgroup: Hi Is it possible to change a domain account to microsoft account and move the computer from the domian to a workgroupRolf https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-to-workgroup/d2eb94fe-13c4-488f-a1b2-0961207b8555
  5. domain to workgroup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Wndows 10 Not leaving Workgroup To Join Domain

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wndows 10 Not leaving Workgroup To Join Domain: I have a new PC and am trying to join it to our domain. It displays under network and sharing that it is in the domain, but when I go to system properties and computer name then join the computer or change its name it is listed in a workgroup. If I try to change the workgroup...
  7. Domain and Workgroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Domain and Workgroup: I want to know if I setup domain then what is the benefit and if I setup homegroup then what is the benefit, which one is more useful. I read two articles from google but did not clear my queries: https://hubsadda.com/domain-vs-workgroup/...
  8. Missing domain for Workgroup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing domain for Workgroup: I have put my comuter into a Workgroup but it doesn't have a domain. I don't know how to create or find a domain for the Workgroup, This is causing me problems with Windows. What do you think I am missing here, and how would I correct it in your opinion? Thanks!...
  9. "PC Settings"app not woring on domain. Fine as workgroup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "PC Settings"app not woring on domain. Fine as workgroup: Hello all, I have Win 10 v1809 installed onto a HP Z400 workstation. (yes its old) Its running the most recent BIOS and works fine when in a workgroup. Once I add the PC to our domain, the start button and taskbar wont work. I had to add "Classic Shell"9third pary app) to...
  10. Repair Installation of windows 10 on a domain/workgroup account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair Installation of windows 10 on a domain/workgroup account.: Hi, So we know a repair installation is a powerful tool given in windows 10 which can repair current windows installed image without any loss of app - personal data- (and or personal settings). But I am not sure about what happens to a domain/workgroup account laptop. If I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. member of domain or workgroup

2. microsoft management console app

3. member of domain work group

4. windows 10 workgroup members,
  5. workgroup member domain member,
  6. windows 10 name workgroup or domain