Windows 10: Windows 10 PC not finding Shared files in Internet Explorer

Discus and support Windows 10 PC not finding Shared files in Internet Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two Windows 10 PC's I'll call A and B both on Windows version 1803. Both PC's can see one another when clicking "Network" in File Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dave Has, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Dave Has Win User

Windows 10 PC not finding Shared files in Internet Explorer

I have two Windows 10 PC's I'll call A and B both on Windows version 1803. Both PC's can see one another when clicking "Network" in File Explorer (FE). I have shared folders on PC A with PC B using the share procedures in FE giving the shared folders read/write permissions. Clicking "Network" in FE on PC B lists "Users". Click "Users" and PC B lists "Default" and a couple other Default.x folder names. Clicking Default lists the typical user folders.

None of the files I have shared with PC B from PC A show up. No error messages, Win 10 troubleshooters are of no help, on and on. I have spent hours trying everything I can find on the internet to resolve this issue with no success.

I have the exact same issue on both machines. Naturally, I really need this repaired and would sincerely appreciate a working solution.

Many Thanks.

:)

Dave Has, Oct 26, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2018
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 PC not finding Shared files in Internet Explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Windows 10 PC not finding Shared files in Internet Explorer

SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 PC not finding Shared files in Internet Explorer

1. Windows 10 PC not finding Shared files in Internet Explorer - Similar Threads - finding Shared files

2. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer File Not internet explorer: As I am having problems with the preview pane and have had replies but nothing has worked -- May I ask if File Explorer can be removed and then restored.Please see my preview query Preview pane stopped working. and my name is Terence Cotton....
  3. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer File Not internet explorer: As I am having problems with the preview pane and have had replies but nothing has worked -- May I ask if File Explorer can be removed and then restored.Please see my preview query Preview pane stopped working. and my name is Terence Cotton....
  4. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer-Share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer-Share: Trying to share a set of files. When I hit the Share key I get "THIS APP CAN'T SHARE NOW" I've used this app before, in fact only less than an hour before with no problem. Aanay ideas ?...
  6. File Explorer-Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer-Share: Trying to share a set of files. When I hit the Share key I get "THIS APP CAN'T SHARE NOW" I've used this app before, in fact only less than an hour before with no problem. Aanay ideas ?...
  7. File Explorer-Share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Shared drive dropping in Windows 10 File Explorer

Shared drive dropping in Windows 10 File Explorer: Hello I have a Windows 10 computer. In my File Explorer, I have mapped network drives. The computers where those mapped drives reside are set up to go to sleep overnight. In the morning, they are woken up as folks come to work. My computer never goes to sleep. My File...
  9. Internet Sharing Windows 10

Internet Sharing Windows 10: I had windows 7 and I connect to internet through 3g USB Modem. when on windows 7 I used to share this connection from my laptop via wifi access created manually from command prompt. after upgrading to windows 10 I tried the same. It seems everything is right from the...
  10. Sharing Internet Explorer Links

in Windows 10 Support
    Sharing Internet Explorer Links: What's the best way to share links from Internet Explorer in Windows 10? I have seen how to do it using the Charms bar in Windows 8 but that functionality seems to be gone in Windows 10. Thanks, 10439

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc is not finding shared pc

2. internet explorer to see shared files