Windows 10: Windows 10 PC not recognizing controller

Discus and support Windows 10 PC not recognizing controller in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So i plugged my Xbox controller into my PC and it lit up but it isn't responsive so i tried uninstalling the controller and plugging it back in so it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Adam Sampsell, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 PC not recognizing controller

So i plugged my Xbox controller into my PC and it lit up but it isn't responsive so i tried uninstalling the controller and plugging it back in so it will install again and it wont even turn on now and i tried to get the Xbox Accessories app but that is not doing anything either, so what should i do?

:)

Adam Sampsell, Sep 28, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Sep 28, 2019
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Sep 28, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 PC not recognizing controller

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 PC not recognizing controller

1. Windows 10 PC not recognizing controller - Similar Threads - recognizing controller

2. How do I get my computer to recognize when I plug my controller into a USB port?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my computer to recognize when I plug my controller into a USB port?: I recently got a new hard drive and installed windows 10 64bit. I play some video games on my PC and want to use my Xbox controller which I have used before on my old hard drive with no problems. Since getting the new hard drive and installing windows 10, I plug in my...
  3. How do I get my computer to recognize when I plug my controller into a USB port?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my computer to recognize when I plug my controller into a USB port?: I recently got a new hard drive and installed windows 10 64bit. I play some video games on my PC and want to use my Xbox controller which I have used before on my old hard drive with no problems. Since getting the new hard drive and installing windows 10, I plug in my...
  4. How do I get my computer to recognize when I plug my controller into a USB port?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognized it."I've looked all over online for any solutions. I've...
  6. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognized it."I've looked all over online for any solutions. I've...
  7. Win 11 doesn't recognize Xbox One controller?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 doesn't recognize Xbox One controller?: I tried different USB ports. I tried a different controller. I tried a different cable.Please help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-doesnt-recognize-xbox-one-controller/4592a556-7e46-41a4-b106-361bbeda85a5
  8. Win 11 doesn't recognize Xbox One controller?

Win 11 doesn't recognize Xbox One controller?: I tried different USB ports. I tried a different controller. I tried a different cable.Please help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-doesnt-recognize-xbox-one-controller/4592a556-7e46-41a4-b106-361bbeda85a5
  9. Controller appears in Joy.cpl, but no inputs are recognized. Works on other computers

Controller appears in Joy.cpl, but no inputs are recognized. Works on other computers: I have a game controller that I am working with that connects via Bluetooth. When connected, it appears in joy.cpl as a '3 axis 9 button' HID device or something along those lines. When connected to my PC, no inputs are detected. I will push a button on the controller and...
  10. Controller appears in Joy.cpl, but no inputs are recognized. Works on other computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller appears in Joy.cpl, but no inputs are recognized. Works on other computers: I have a game controller that I am working with that connects via Bluetooth. When connected, it appears in joy.cpl as a '3 axis 9 button' HID device or something along those lines. When connected to my PC, no inputs are detected. I will push a button on the controller and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox controller not being recognized windows 10

2. windows 10 not recognising ps3 controller

3. device manager wont detect xbox controller windows 10