Windows 10: Windows 10 PC - Number 6 Key not working

Discus and support Windows 10 PC - Number 6 Key not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On our PC the number [6] key refuses to work correctly, in that it will not display [6] when pressed.We have tried multiple keyboards, and the online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MattCorben, May 14, 2022.

1. Windows 10 PC - Number 6 Key not working

On our PC the number [6] key refuses to work correctly, in that it will not display [6] when pressed.We have tried multiple keyboards, and the online keyboard, and in all cases, [6 ] number will not be displayed.Interestingly, if i enter [Shift] + [6], the it correctly displays the [^] character.I have completed all windows updates and drivers, but still no success.Any ideas/advice for a solution would be much appreciated,Cheers,MattC.

:)

MattCorben, May 14, 2022

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 14, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 14, 2022
  4. Windows 10 PC - Number 6 Key not working

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 PC - Number 6 Key not working

1. Windows 10 PC - Number 6 Key not working - Similar Threads - Number Key working

2. Windows 10 PC - Number 6 Key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC - Number 6 Key not working: On our PC the number [6] key refuses to work correctly, in that it will not display [6] when pressed.We have tried multiple keyboards, and the online keyboard, and in all cases, [6 ] number will not be displayed.Interestingly, if i enter [Shift] + [6], the it correctly...
  3. Windows 10 PC - Number 6 Key not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 PC - Number 6 Key not working: On our PC the number [6] key refuses to work correctly, in that it will not display [6] when pressed.We have tried multiple keyboards, and the online keyboard, and in all cases, [6 ] number will not be displayed.Interestingly, if i enter [Shift] + [6], the it correctly...
  4. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  5. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys: All of the number keys on my keyboard, other than the numpad, which still works fine for some reason, won't work except numbers 5 and 6. This is also the same with the symbols for each key, only the symbols corresponding to 5 and 6 work. I don't really understand why this...
  6. Only Number Keys 5 and 6 Working In Row of Number Keys

7. Number 6 key not working on keyboard!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Number 6 key not working on keyboard!: Hello there, I am having problems with my keyboard. I just bought this new keyboard from corsair and it should not have any problems but I found that my number 6 key above Y and T is not working at all. No program is able to use this key so I tried trouble shooting with...
  8. Number 6 key not working on my laptop

Number 6 key not working on my laptop: I've come across a problem with my laptop recently - the number 6 key on the internal keyboard will not do anything on my computer. It's not stuck down or anything, and when I shut down and start the computer again, when prompted for a pin, a number of 6s will be spammed by...
  9. number keys not working except 5 and 6

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    number keys not working except 5 and 6: In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To precise all keys in the key board except 5 and 6 are working. 1,2,3,4,7,9,0 are not working > Un install keyboard driver and...
  10. In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working

In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working: In my windows 10 , only number keys( except 5 and 6 )are not working. Done all circus mentioned below available in blogs , KBS. Nothing worked. To precise all keys in the key board except 5 and 6 are working. 1,2,3,4,7,9,0 are not working > Un install keyboard driver and...