Windows 10: Windows 10 PC only lets me use PIN to log in. No "forgot pin" nor "sign in options"...

Discus and support Windows 10 PC only lets me use PIN to log in. No "forgot pin" nor "sign in options"... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello there!I have a laptop that hasn't been used for 6 months. Back then it forced me to set a PIN number after an update, but I can't remember the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by GusMaury, Mar 15, 2023.

1. GusMaury Win User

Windows 10 PC only lets me use PIN to log in. No "forgot pin" nor "sign in options"...

Hello there!I have a laptop that hasn't been used for 6 months. Back then it forced me to set a PIN number after an update, but I can't remember the PIN. I do know the microsoft account password but not the PIN. As you can see in the images, the screen only shows the space to type in the PIN, there's no option like "I forgot my PIN" or to sign in with other sign in options. I have tried booting in safe mode with and without network but it takes me to the same screen. I tried rolling back updates both feature and quality in the recovery mode but it tells me it can't or it failed. I tried re

:)

GusMaury, Mar 15, 2023

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Mar 15, 2023
  3. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 15, 2023
  4. Hweiro Win User

Windows 10 PC only lets me use PIN to log in. No "forgot pin" nor "sign in options"...

Missing Pin Option in Sign-In Options Menu

The 'I forgot my PIN' option allows me to change my PIN, but the PIN change option is still missing in my Sign-In options. Trying the steps in the link provided doesn't cause this option to appear. Is it a bug in my OS?

Hweiro, Mar 15, 2023
Thema:

1. Windows 10 PC only lets me use PIN to log in. No "forgot pin" nor "sign in options"... - Similar Threads - lets PIN log

2. Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options: I am attempting to log-in to my PC. However, I forgot the PIN. I entered too many incorrect PINs, and now, to attempt to enter a PIN again, I have to enter the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. Once I do that, the PC presents me with the blank PIN field, and nothing else. I do not...
  3. Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options: I am attempting to log-in to my PC. However, I forgot the PIN. I entered too many incorrect PINs, and now, to attempt to enter a PIN again, I have to enter the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. Once I do that, the PC presents me with the blank PIN field, and nothing else. I do not...
  4. Windows 10 PC only lets me use PIN to log in. No "forgot pin" nor "sign in options"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC only lets me use PIN to log in. No "forgot pin" nor "sign in options"...: Hello there!I have a laptop that hasn't been used for 6 months. Back then it forced me to set a PIN number after an update, but I can't remember the PIN. I do know the microsoft account password but not the PIN. As you can see in the images, the screen only shows the space to...
  5. Windows 10 PC only lets me use PIN to log in. No "forgot pin" nor "sign in options"...

Windows 10 PC only lets me use PIN to log in. No "forgot pin" nor "sign in options"...: Hello there!I have a laptop that hasn't been used for 6 months. Back then it forced me to set a PIN number after an update, but I can't remember the PIN. I do know the microsoft account password but not the PIN. As you can see in the images, the screen only shows the space to...
  6. Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...: I've forgotten the PIN to my laptop, when I click the 'i forgot my pin' button it loads for a second then does nothing, theres no option to sign in with password, there no option to sign in with a different account, when i type in a random PIN it says to sign in with an...
  7. Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...: I've forgotten the PIN to my laptop, when I click the 'i forgot my pin' button it loads for a second then does nothing, theres no option to sign in with password, there no option to sign in with a different account, when i type in a random PIN it says to sign in with an...
  8. Forgot PIN, wont let me use password, wont let me reset PIN, doesnt let me sign in with...

9. Forgot PIN, No other options for signing in on windows 10, just PIN.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot PIN, No other options for signing in on windows 10, just PIN.: Hello, I'm having problems to log in to my computer today, for some reason, the different options for signing in to windows are disabled, just PIN option is available and I don't recall asking for this. I always use password, no PIN. How can I get my password option...
  10. Won't let me use a PIN to log in....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Won't let me use a PIN to log in....: Windows claims I got my PIN wrong too many times and has locked it out. I can get in with the my password, but that is more difficult. It said I had to have the computer on for 2 hours to reset my PIN. So I left it on, but it didn't help. I deleted the PIN and tried to set...