Windows 10: Windows 10 PC Performance Decrease After Update

Discus and support Windows 10 PC Performance Decrease After Update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I normally don't install updates as I'm aware they can slow down PC performance, but I misclicked into doing so. After the update the FPS on multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bartard___, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 PC Performance Decrease After Update

I normally don't install updates as I'm aware they can slow down PC performance, but I misclicked into doing so. After the update the FPS on multiple games have decreased DRASTICALLY. FPS was never a issue whatsoever except for games with super high graphics.

I used to get 120+ fps in overwatch on very high, but now it drops to as low as 45 sometimes. I have uninstalled all the 1909 updates except for "Security Update for Microsft Windows (KB4541338)", which doesn't have an uninstall option. This didn't fix anything.

Obvsly Microsoft is fucking with my shit and I'm pissed. Help or any insights would be greatly appreciated. PC is Acer Nitro 5 if that helps.

TLDR ; after windows 1909 update my laptop is wayyy slower. plz help.

submitted by /u/bartard___
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bartard___, Mar 28, 2020

2. Microsoft Decreasing Windows 10 Updates Downtime in Fall Creators Update

If you're a standard Windows user, you probably find Windows updates something of a pain - especially when they force you to reboot your PC after they're installed. But imagine you own a business that constantly has its machines up and running, but also requires the latest security upgrades; each minute of downtime for installing such updates is lost revenue. Because of that issue, which companies brought to Microsoft's attention over the years, the company is streamlining its update process, decreasing the amount of update steps that need to be taken offline (which means less time waiting for the machines to become available to use following an update.)

Windows 10 PC Performance Decrease After Update xS3v6SsY1Oth1GTi_thm.jpg

Windows 10 PC Performance Decrease After Update rb329X0kNSIMR51b_thm.jpg

Windows 10 PC Performance Decrease After Update kef8qVLYFSTGu48s_thm.jpg

Usually, in updating your Windows system, there are two phases: an "online" phase, in which your PC automatically checks for new updates and actively downloads required system files while allowing you to keep using the computer for various tasks. The second "offline" phase is where the bulk of the work occurs during the update process, and doesn't allow the user to make use of the machine while this process is taking place (read reboot update sequences, for instance.) With Microsoft's latest streamlining process, two steps that previously took place during the "offline" phase will migrate to the online phase. Namely, 1) user content (apps/settings/configurations) back-up and the laying down of new OS files (Windows Image [WIM] process.)

Microsoft's Jason Howard, in a blog post for the upcoming Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, said that "By moving the old offline portions of the upgrade process to the online phase, upgrades will appear to take longer if you're watching or timing the progress. We didn't want to sacrifice usability for offline time so the upgrade processes are run at a lower priority to provide for best performance."

Sources: Microsoft Feedback Hub, Via HotHardware

Raevenlord, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Windows 10 PC Performance Decrease After Update

Sudden Decrease in Performance?

Those were the first steps I took, but I don't recall offhand if I ran the TFC. I'll have to give that a shot when I get home.

SylenThunder, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 PC Performance Decrease After Update

1. Windows 10 PC Performance Decrease After Update - Similar Threads - Performance Decrease Update

2. significant performance decrease

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    significant performance decrease: i have a gaming pc which runs very good on most games but today my pc has been acting weird and on games i have the worst fps just randomly like that.before i would have very good fps on a game called squad for example, where i would have 60-70 fps at best but now it is just...
  3. performance decrease after using 'Reset this PC'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    performance decrease after using 'Reset this PC': i5-1135G7, intel iris xe graphics, 16GB of ram I think those are the important stuffmy laptop came with a lot of apps and bloat from its distributor LG and I heard that it would help with performance so I used the 'Reset this PC' feature to get a clean installation of...
  4. performance decrease after using 'Reset this PC'

performance decrease after using 'Reset this PC': i5-1135G7, intel iris xe graphics, 16GB of ram I think those are the important stuffmy laptop came with a lot of apps and bloat from its distributor LG and I heard that it would help with performance so I used the 'Reset this PC' feature to get a clean installation of...
  5. performance decrease after using 'Reset this PC'

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Decreased gaming performance.

Decreased gaming performance.: Why is it that after updating W11 22H2 the performance of playing games has decreased and it often crashes, even though all the drivers from Nvidia have been updated, Thank you....
  7. Performance decrease after BIOS update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Performance decrease after BIOS update: I recently updated Laptop BIOS.After the update, performance has significantly decreased and laptop has basically been rendered useless.Product details: Lenovo S340 14-APIRyzen 38GB RAMEarlier BIOS : AMCN28WWUpdated BIOS : AMCN29WWI cannot roll back to...
  8. Windows performance decreased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows performance decreased: So i did a new installation of windows from a Srttrail.txt error with a USB. Unfortunately my Lenovo Laptop has bad performance now running games. It was like 60 fps and now down to 12 fps....
  9. Sudden Decrease in PC performance windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden Decrease in PC performance windows 10: this started happening just yesterday my computer has the following specs for further details CPU- i7 6700k 4.0ghz ram-32 GB GPU- sli 2x1080 so lets get to the issue at hand my pc usually runs great can watch any videos with ease or play any games with high fps but...
  10. Performance Decrease after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance Decrease after Factory Reset: Recently my SSD that my OS was located on became too full, and I decided to do a factory reset of my computer. Before the reset my BIOS time was always less than 10 seconds, and averaged around 5. After this reset however, my BIOS is 105 seconds, my frames have begun to drop...