Windows 10: Windows 10 PC powers on by itself after hibernating, stays off if shut down

Discus and support Windows 10 PC powers on by itself after hibernating, stays off if shut down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a self-built PC, motherboard: Biostar TPower I55 CPU: Core I5 750 @ 2.67Ghz Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17763 When the PC is shut down completely,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ScottGus, Nov 6, 2019.

1. ScottGus Win User

Windows 10 PC powers on by itself after hibernating, stays off if shut down

I have a self-built PC,

motherboard: Biostar TPower I55

CPU: Core I5 750 @ 2.67Ghz

Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17763

When the PC is shut down completely, using "Shut down" from the start menu, the PC stays turned off.

When the PC is hibernated, using "Hibernate" from the start menu, the PC randomly turns itself back on. < this is what I want to stop.

I have checked the Task Scheduler. None of my scheduled tasks has "Wake the computer to run this task" checked.

I believe this is not related to Wake-On-LAN, since the PC stays off when it is fully shut down.

How can I make my PC stay off when it is hibernated?

:)

ScottGus, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Ernie San Win User

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Nov 6, 2019
  3. claylomax Win User
    Shutting down, hibernating, or sleeping?

Speaking of ... I just built a new PC with an AMD Kaveri and Windows 7 64 and the option sleep is greyed out, I get shut down and hibernate; it's funny, on my PC (see specs) I get sleep and shut down not hibernate. I tried the bios but I'm clueless. Any ideas?

claylomax, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 PC powers on by itself after hibernating, stays off if shut down

Windows 10 Hibernation

Hi Sash,

Fast Startup is a new form of shut down process introduced starting in Windows 8 and this hibernates the PC instead of shutting it down to start the PC much faster.

As for your other concern regarding hibernation, we need some information to isolate the issue. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Since when did this happen?
    • Is your battery's firmware up-to-date?
    • Are your settings for hibernation set up correctly?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

A screenshot of your power settings will help as well. Please make sure that any personal information is not visible on the screenshot.

We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 PC powers on by itself after hibernating, stays off if shut down

1. Windows 10 PC powers on by itself after hibernating, stays off if shut down - Similar Threads - powers itself hibernating

2. Pc powering on and off after accidental shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc powering on and off after accidental shut down: So a few moments ago my pc was updating to windows 11 but I accidentally powered it off during the update now when i go to turn it on again it shuts off and powers on over and over i cant even see the monitor turn on bc it’s happening so quick is there a way to fix this?...
  3. Pc powering on and off after accidental shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc powering on and off after accidental shut down: So a few moments ago my pc was updating to windows 11 but I accidentally powered it off during the update now when i go to turn it on again it shuts off and powers on over and over i cant even see the monitor turn on bc it’s happening so quick is there a way to fix this?...
  4. Pc powering on and off after accidental shut down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HELP, my PC stays powered up after shut down!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP, my PC stays powered up after shut down!: Hi all,Having a strange issue that has just started happening. When I press Windows, shut down. It goes through the usual windows shut down procedure and my monitor goes down but all my peripherals, lights and fans stay powered on. Have to just unplug at the moment to get my...
  6. HELP, my PC stays powered up after shut down!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP, my PC stays powered up after shut down!: Hi all,Having a strange issue that has just started happening. When I press Windows, shut down. It goes through the usual windows shut down procedure and my monitor goes down but all my peripherals, lights and fans stay powered on. Have to just unplug at the moment to get my...
  7. Hibernate turns off screen but power stays on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate turns off screen but power stays on: Hello. I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 laptop with Windows 10. Hibernate used to work on my laptop. However, now it only turns off my screen my screen goes black and the power stays on my power button's light remains on. If I touch my touch pad or press any key, then the screen...
  8. Hibernation shuts down the PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernation shuts down the PC: Everytime I click on hibernate, instead of hibernating, it immediately and instantly shuts down the PC and next time I open up, I have to open all apps. It just goes OFF instantly The power plan settings hard disk turn off is set to 0 as advised. This happened after may 2020...
  9. Laptop fails to hibernate, display shuts off, power button stays on

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop fails to hibernate, display shuts off, power button stays on: Laptop: MSI GT73RE Titan (Windows 10 Pro x64 1909) GeForce GTX 1070 As of recently (last week) will not go in to hibernate. After a restart, it usually will the first time or two. But after that, the screen will shut off, the power and GPU buttonswill still be lit, and the...
  10. EVENT 41 Kernel Power after the PC shuts itself down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EVENT 41 Kernel Power after the PC shuts itself down: My issue started 2 weeks ago. The computer would just shut off and would not turn back on via the power button on the front panel. I would switch the power switch on the PSU of then back on and the PC would turn itself on again. There is no BSOD with this error. It would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc powerss off after 10 mins inactivity

2. windows 10 hibernates by itself