Windows 10: Windows 10 PC Random Freezing for 1-5 minutes 3/4 times in 2-3 hours

Discus and support Windows 10 PC Random Freezing for 1-5 minutes 3/4 times in 2-3 hours in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a windows 10 PC that is suffering from random freezes, everything locks up, no response to keyboard, mouse, Ctrl/Alt/Del. It can freeze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Richt5a, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Richt5a Win User

Windows 10 PC Random Freezing for 1-5 minutes 3/4 times in 2-3 hours

Hi,

I have a windows 10 PC that is suffering from random freezes, everything locks up, no response to keyboard, mouse, Ctrl/Alt/Del.

It can freeze from anything from 1 to 5 or more minutes, 3 or 4 times in an evening, then 'wakes up' and works as if all fine.

I believe Windows and drivers were all uptodate but I've just found there is a Windows update which I've kicked off and installing very slowly as I type.

I'm no techy but if there are any obvious things to do/check I'd be grateful.

Thanks

Richard

:)

Richt5a, Oct 4, 2019

2. Podcasts not syncing in order 1-5, instead it syncs 1 3 4 5 2, or some other random order

Update 09/02/11- sometimes its better and sometimes its worse but it not always just one file out of order . the majority of the time it looks like 3 4 1 7 6 9 8 10 2 5.

Podcasts not syncing in order 1-5, instead it syncs 1 3 4 5 2, or some other random order. I've tried syncing directly from the PC and over the air with WiFi, same problem. Help please.

1. Phone Manufacturer - HTC

2. Phone Model - Arrive: HTC T7575

3. Mobile Operator - Sprint

4. Phone Operating System version - 7.0.7.392.0

5. Zune software version - 4.7.1404.0

6. Computer Operating System version - windows 7 64bit

MurrellHenderson, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Ctrl+shift+1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5..etc not working.

Hi Kranthi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

Are you facing any issues with other keys on keyboard?

Follow the steps below and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to perform the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. It will resolve the common system problems.

1. Tap on Windows Key and click on search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I would suggest you to try to update the keyboard drivers and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows logo + X key on the keyboard.

2. Select Device Manager.

3. Expand Keyboards.

4. Click on the driver and click on Update Driver
    Software

5. Then click on Next and follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 PC Random Freezing for 1-5 minutes 3/4 times in 2-3 hours

Random BSOD every 1-3 hours

thank you, I will do the hdd check and MemTest86+

Update error: if the laptop does not use the charger until now it is safe there is no problem, but if use the charger after there is no activity on the laptop 5-10 minutes interval freezes and 2-3 minutes restarts without BSOD , but still makes a mini dump (if the laptop is used continuously does not occur freeze). but currently all mini dumps have disappeared from the Minidump folder

I have updated the all driver in device manager

yogajiwanjaya, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 PC Random Freezing for 1-5 minutes 3/4 times in 2-3 hours

1. Windows 10 PC Random Freezing for 1-5 minutes 3/4 times in 2-3 hours - Similar Threads - Random Freezing minutes

2. SSD glitching/rebooting 1-3 times an hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD glitching/rebooting 1-3 times an hour: i have an asus rog g strix g713gt. i recently upgraded the secondary sshd firecuda 1tb to a ssd wd blue 1tb. The ssd works flawlessly when i connect it externally via usb but the moment i connect it internally it restarts 1-3times an hour randomly freezing everything that was...
  3. PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes: Hello,I've been having this issue for a while and it has resurfaced once again. After checking the windows reliability monitor I am met with these issues:The hardware errors I do not know how to solve. However I believe them to be associated to my graphics card, as the issues...
  4. PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes: Hello,I've been having this issue for a while and it has resurfaced once again. After checking the windows reliability monitor I am met with these issues:The hardware errors I do not know how to solve. However I believe them to be associated to my graphics card, as the issues...
  5. PC slow the first 3-5 minutes

PC slow the first 3-5 minutes: I have a Dell Inspiron 3000 with windows 10. Every time I do a cold start turn my PC on it' s very slow and takes 3 to 5 minutes to catch up speed. I have Malwarebytes which I shut down manually immediately upon starting the PC but it still takes the same amount of time....
  6. PC slow the first 3-5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC slow the first 3-5 minutes: I have a Dell Inspiron 3000 with windows 10. Every time I do a cold start turn my PC on it' s very slow and takes 3 to 5 minutes to catch up speed. I have Malwarebytes which I shut down manually immediately upon starting the PC but it still takes the same amount of time....
  7. PC slow the first 3-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 10 PC freezes for 5 seconds every 3 hours

Windows 10 PC freezes for 5 seconds every 3 hours: Back in April I purchased a new Dell XPS 8930 with a 256 GB SSD boot drive and 1 TB HDD data drive. The system also has 16 GB RAM. I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit English -- installed by Dell. While I've been very happy with the system overall, I've had one issue...
  9. Random BSOD every 1-3 hours

Random BSOD every 1-3 hours: my computer recently experienced BSOD and automatic restart, can anyone help? DESKTOP-T87L90L-Thu_12_27_2018_114126_77.zip 124189
  10. Windows freezing 10 minutes to 3 hours after boot

Windows freezing 10 minutes to 3 hours after boot: Hello, I recently built a computer myself. After booting windows 10, the system works as it should, except for the Wifi being very slow sometimes (100-500 Kbps on a 60 Mbps connection). After 10 minutes to 3 hours of normal use, windows 10 straight up freezes, forcing me to...