Windows 10: Windows 10 PC Randomly reebots every few hours

Discus and support Windows 10 PC Randomly reebots every few hours in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I was wondering if anyone can help. From past few months, my PC randomly reboots by itself. I have tried to look for a solution but nothing has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BineetDesai, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Windows 10 PC Randomly reebots every few hours

Hi

I was wondering if anyone can help. From past few months, my PC randomly reboots by itself. I have tried to look for a solution but nothing has worked. Changed the power settings, the power supply is stable. I went into the event viewer and it showed in last 24 hours the system restarted3 times. It gave the following message "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I don't know where else to look.

Thanks

B

:)

BineetDesai, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Naby Win User

10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Naby, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 7, 2020
  4. xXTenXx Win User

Windows 10 PC Randomly reebots every few hours

PC Randomly Reboots

Just recently, my PC started to randomly reboot, to start it was once every other day, and know every few minutes.
    Any suggestions to rectify this problem would be greatly appreciated.

xXTenXx, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 PC Randomly reebots every few hours

1. Windows 10 PC Randomly reebots every few hours - Similar Threads - Randomly reebots every

2. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  3. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  4. New Laptop Restarts Randomly Every Few Hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop Restarts Randomly Every Few Hours: My 2 month old ASUS ROG STRIX G15 with Windows 11 keep restarting without obvious cause. The restart is without BSOD, just powers down and then back up as if nothing happened. This started on 12th March, without any events on my mind that I can think of as a cause for this....
  5. New Laptop Restarts Randomly Every Few Hours

New Laptop Restarts Randomly Every Few Hours: My 2 month old ASUS ROG STRIX G15 with Windows 11 keep restarting without obvious cause. The restart is without BSOD, just powers down and then back up as if nothing happened. This started on 12th March, without any events on my mind that I can think of as a cause for this....
  6. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so: About two days ago I started getting Blue screens most commonly while gaming coincidentally after I installed Overwatch 2 I have since uninstalledThe blue screens occur sometimes after a few hours, and sometimes multiple times within a few minutesSome of the BSOD errors that...
  7. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so: About two days ago I started getting Blue screens most commonly while gaming coincidentally after I installed Overwatch 2 I have since uninstalledThe blue screens occur sometimes after a few hours, and sometimes multiple times within a few minutesSome of the BSOD errors that...
  8. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSODs Every Few Hours

BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  10. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random: I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added them I still had Windows 7. Started getting random BSOD with various reasons indicated such as "driver IRQL not less or...