Windows 10: Windows 10 PC randomly shutting down without warning

Discus and support Windows 10 PC randomly shutting down without warning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC has decided to randomly start completely shutting off, usually while in the middle of something. I game a lot, so I've seen it happen there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by A Cool Frog, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Windows 10 PC randomly shutting down without warning

My PC has decided to randomly start completely shutting off, usually while in the middle of something. I game a lot, so I've seen it happen there mostly but also while just watching youtube vids and chatting on fb. The weird part is that it doesn't go into shutting down mode or give me any kind of warning. It goes from "everything is normal" to just...off. Then I can't turn it back on until I remove the power cable, wait a few seconds, and then power back on.

This started happening last week and I figured no biggie I must have a driver issue so i reset my PC and reinstalled everything since I like to do that every year or so anyways.

Didn't help, unfortunately. Still shutting down without warning.

I opened up the case while it was running and all of my fans are spinning and looking unobstructed. I have always used MSI Afterburner as well as CoreTemp to monitor my temps. While gaming and under heavy load neither got above 65c which is noticably hotter than usual, but it's also been warming up for summer so I didn't think much.

Took it apart and cleaned out everything and got some dust out and dropped my temps by about 10-15c but it's still crashing.

I checked event viewer and I will see 3 distributed COM errors

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager"

Something like that but it happens randomly and not always pre-shut down.

I checked my Mobo for leaking capacitors and saw nothing of the sort, either.

Only other thought I had was that my PSU might be going bye bye but I have no idea how I could really tell.

Specs:

Windows 10 - Version 1903 - Build 18362.175

AMD FX 8350 stock clocked

GTX 970 stock clocked

16gb 2400mhz ram, also stock clocked

2 SSD's

11tb HDD

Corsair GS600

Any ideas?

:)

A Cool Frog, Jun 15, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Kelseycm Win User

Windows 10 PC randomly shutting down without warning

After Upgrade New laptop randomly shuts down.

After upgrading to Windows 10 My laptop will randomly shut down (without warning) during use. It doesn't seem to relate to what I am doing and it happens with random frequency. It started with random restarts and a notification popped up indicating that
    reinstalling Windows 10 may be the solution to the problem, that it may not have downloaded correctly. Since then it doesn't restart randomly, it just shuts off. I have to press the power button to reboot.

Any suggestions or similar issues? Power button light also stays on each time this happens.

Kelseycm, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 PC randomly shutting down without warning

1. Windows 10 PC randomly shutting down without warning - Similar Threads - randomly shutting down

2. Windows 10 Randomly Shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Randomly Shutting down: My PC keeps shutting down randomly. This is happening after the 1903 may 2019 update . Sometimes it shuts down immediately after booting and sometimes it stays on for more than an hour, and sometimes it stays on. If I it shuts down while I'm using Microsoft word or...
  3. Windows 10 randomly shows shutting down screen and shuts down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 randomly shows shutting down screen and shuts down.: I'm facing this problem for 3 days now, the laptop just shutdown at any interval, it may be after long time or just after I turned on the computer, yes I've seen there is no overheating, my Temps don't go above 70. Thankyou,...
  4. Windows 10 randomly shuts down

Windows 10 randomly shuts down: My computer randomly shuts down for no reason causing me to have to restart it. I don't lose anything during the restart, but it continuously does this. I added network service to my launch and activation service permissions, but can't find the next step !!!! In addition...
  5. PC freezing/shuts down randomly on windows 10

PC freezing/shuts down randomly on windows 10: My PC has been freezing and sometimes, rarely shuts down randomly. Its usually when im playing a game. It use to freeze whenever, when im on a web browser or when I just launched it up again. Recently, its been more of a problem. I cant play any games and sometimes cant do...
  6. PC randomly shuts down with no notification to update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC randomly shuts down with no notification to update?: I just got my pc a few months ago and lately when i'm just using it normally the screen turns to black all my apps shut down and suddenly i hear my PC being really loud like it's over clocking. It does this sometimes for 20 minutes straight and i have no idea what's...
  7. CMD shutting down my pc randomly

CMD shutting down my pc randomly: After some seconds a cmd opens and my pc shutts off, I know that isnt any hardware problem because in other users it it runs fine. I'll try to link a video of it soon....
  8. PC randomly shuts down then reboots

PC randomly shuts down then reboots: Hey, So my pc has recently been completely randomly crashing to a black screen then rebooting. It has mostly occurred when i have been playing games and i cannot seem to find what is is for the life of me. I initially thought it might be my cpu overheating as it was...
  9. Randomly shuts down

Randomly shuts down: Hello, this problem started since I bought my laptop (already has windows 10 on it) It shuts down A LOT. The blue screen shows up sometimes but it just restart w/out the blue screen thing randomly! I've been playing Sims 4 and it's really annoying because I have to save...
  10. PC randomly shuts down.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC randomly shuts down.: Hi, I have a dell xps 8300 running windows 10 pro v1511 which was clean installed a few weeks ago. Sometimes when I cold boot my computer the computer shuts down unexpectedly on the windows 10 splash screen. I have unplugged everything from my PSU apart from my windows...