Windows 10: Windows 10 PC Reset Soon with Cloud Download option?

Discus and support Windows 10 PC Reset Soon with Cloud Download option? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 administrators may soon have a new cloud download option when it comes to resetting a PC running Windows 10. Microsoft added functionality... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 29, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Windows 10 PC Reset Soon with Cloud Download option?

Windows 10 administrators may soon have a new cloud download option when it comes to resetting a PC running Windows 10. Microsoft added functionality to the company's Windows 10 operating system to reset the operating system.

Admins may initiate a reset from within Windows 10 if the system still boots up properly or by using the advanced startup option that should fire automatically after a number of loading errors and can also be run by booting from install media.

Tip: find out how to reset Windows 10 account passwords.

Reset my PC is found under Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Admins may select to keep installed apps and files or remove everything to start fresh.

Windows 10 PC Reset Soon with Cloud Download option? windows-10-recovery-reset-pc.png

Windows 10 uses the local Windows installation by default to reset the PC. While that is a good option at times, it may not work all the time especially if the Windows installation is corrupt or if essential files are missing or damaged.

A scan of files of the new Windows 10 build 18950 by Twitter user WalkingCat suggests that Microsoft could add another option to the reset function of the operating system.

The phrase "how would you like to reinstall Windows" has two options associated with it according to the information.

The options "cloud download: download Windows" and "reset locally: reinstall my existing Windows operating system" are both listed. The second option refers to the current status quo. Windows 10 provides no option when it comes to the source of the installation files currently.

The cloud download reference suggests that this could be a thing of the past when Windows 10 20H1 is released next year.

Cloud download cannot really refer to anything but the download of Windows 10 from a Microsoft server and the use of the downloaded copy for the installation of the operating system.

The functionality does not seem to be part of the Insider build yet. Microsoft has not made any mention of the functionality up to this point and it is certainly possible that it could get pulled again.

The feature is not new entirely. Surface Hub devices support a "recover from the cloud" feature that works similarly.

In the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE), you can recover your device by downloading a factory build from the cloud and installing it on the Surface Hub. This allows devices in an unusable state to recover without requiring assistance from Microsoft Support.

The new feature would make things easier for administrators in certain cases, e.g. when a Windows 10 PC does not boot anymore and reset cannot be performed using the local copy.

One downside of cloud download functionality is that it may take a while for the download to complete and that enough storage space needs to be available.

Now You: what is your take on the cloud download functionality? Welcome feature? (via Deskmodder)

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks)). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Windows 10 PC Reset Soon with Cloud Download option? appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 29, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Asphalt 8 Airborne cloud data not sync in Windows 10 PC App

Hi Thimira,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

What do you mean by “it was not synced with cloud data. Every time it does not connected”?

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you reset the Windows Sockets and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:
    netsh winsock reset

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you reset the Windows firewall and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER:
    netsh firewall reset

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 3:

I suggest you to disable proxy and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and hit Enter.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck mark the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.
    Hope this information is helpful. Reply with necessary information and we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 PC Reset Soon with Cloud Download option?

Asphalt 8 Airborne cloud data not sync in Windows 10 PC App

Didn't work..!!! Sync is far out. In fact the game is ruined since am not able to buy any tokens, or upgrade any of the cars.

Antonis1966, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 PC Reset Soon with Cloud Download option?

1. Windows 10 PC Reset Soon with Cloud Download option? - Similar Threads - Reset Soon Cloud

2. Unable to reset my pc through cloud download option ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reset my pc through cloud download option ?: Recently, I downloaded and installed a game from a non-trusted website on My PC, the game is full of malware and viruses which destroyed security services and I wanted to reset my pc remove everything with cloud download and I don't want to use local reinstall, I tried two...
  3. Unable to reset my pc through cloud download option ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reset my pc through cloud download option ?: Recently, I downloaded and installed a game from a non-trusted website on My PC, the game is full of malware and viruses which destroyed security services and I wanted to reset my pc remove everything with cloud download and I don't want to use local reinstall, I tried two...
  4. Unable to reset my pc through cloud download option ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download

Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download: 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1023 This is a general question that's puzzled this old pensioner, I have no problem with a reset. When doing a Reset, I click on Recovery / Reset / Remove Everything / Cloud Download./ Wipe the Drive There is also the option to reinstall Windows using Local...
  6. Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Reset / Cloud download: 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1023 This is a general question that's puzzled this old pensioner, I have no problem with a reset. When doing a Reset, I click on Recovery / Reset / Remove Everything / Cloud Download./ Wipe the Drive There is also the option to reinstall Windows using Local...
  7. Can't reinstall using cloud download option when reset a pc

Can't reinstall using cloud download option when reset a pc: I've try so many way to test my pc health performance to see what is the problem causing the issue when reset the pc using cloud download. Whenever I use cloud download, it say unable to download. Please try again using local reinstall option. If anyone know how to fix this...
  8. Windows 10 reset using cloud download stuck on "resetting this PC"

Windows 10 reset using cloud download stuck on "resetting this PC": Resetting HP pavillion Laptop, less than a year old. Came with Windows 10 installed. Selected cloud download option leaving docs and files but removing apps. was completely updated prior to beginning. PC has been stuck on black screen with HP logo, spinning dots and...
  9. cloud downloading option is not coming in my windows reset

cloud downloading option is not coming in my windows reset: I want to reset my pc but cloud downloading option is not coming in my reset. please guide me through this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloud-downloading-option-is-not-coming-in-my/e4867085-ad5e-439a-8277-ab188a7e1f83
  10. Windows 10 might get a new cloud download option to reset PC

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 might get a new cloud download option to reset PC: If you have a problem with your Windows 10 installation and need to factory reset the operating system, you have to do it with the built-in Settings app or the Recovery partition that uses an image stored on the device. The factor reset feature can be problematic as it could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. introducing a new reset this pc option-cloud download