Windows 10: Windows 10 pc resetting on shut down

Discus and support Windows 10 pc resetting on shut down in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi when the above happens, I'm getting a stop code appearing saying " Driver_Power_State_Failure. Any idea's anyone ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mike Petchey, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Windows 10 pc resetting on shut down

Hi

when the above happens, I'm getting a stop code appearing saying " Driver_Power_State_Failure. Any idea's anyone ?

:)

Mike Petchey, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Kursah Win User
    Windows 10 always resets my Time

Is your time zone set correctly in the OS? The OS has the ability to change the CMOS clock, so if you didn't setup your Windows Time correctly, then it is defaulted to Pacific Standard Time. It could also be a CMOS battery issue...but usually your time AND date will reset...so you'll see 12:00, January 1, 1979 or similar if the clock is resetting from a bad CMOS. If you shut your PC down, unplug it from the wall for say like 10 minutes, then plug back in and boot into BIOS, is your time/date wrong?

Kursah, Jan 6, 2021
  4. CK011885 Win User

Windows 10 pc resetting on shut down

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 pc resetting on shut down

1. Windows 10 pc resetting on shut down - Similar Threads - resetting shut down

2. During reset was pc shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During reset was pc shut down: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. During reseting my pc fall down electric and pc was shut down. After that, everytime when i trying to finish reset showed me this. Can somebody help me what i shoud do?...
  3. During reset was pc shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    During reset was pc shut down: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. During reseting my pc fall down electric and pc was shut down. After that, everytime when i trying to finish reset showed me this. Can somebody help me what i shoud do?...
  4. Fully reset PC keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fully reset PC keeps shutting down.: I fully reset my PC, wiping everything off of it. Afterward, when it said my download of windows was almost complete, it restarted, and keeps looping that with the welcome screen before it....
  5. Fully reset PC keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fully reset PC keeps shutting down.: I fully reset my PC, wiping everything off of it. Afterward, when it said my download of windows was almost complete, it restarted, and keeps looping that with the welcome screen before it....
  6. Windows reset keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows reset keeps shutting down.: I decided to reset my computer because its been glitching a lot and its very slow. While the reset was happening it just shuts down. I waited 5 minutes then I turned it back on. It was at 64%. When it went to 65% it just turned off. I turned it back on. It was at 64% again...
  7. pc shut down during reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc shut down during reset: hi all, was resetting my windows 10 pc when the thing shut down (probably from overheating) and it now says I need to reinstall my BCD. does anyone know where I can find the place to do that? submitted by /u/murderducky1 [link] [comments]...
  8. Problem with windows 10 PC resetting after shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem with windows 10 PC resetting after shutting down: I reset my Dell laptop with Windows 10. When I set things up like my default browser and add things to desktop and task bar and turn off computer it reverts back to what I reset it to when turned back on. I reset in the hopes that It fix update issues which it didn't...
  9. Reset of computer on shut down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset of computer on shut down: If I shut my computer down the computer resets to original Microsoft settings. I lose all my downloads and have to log into my email accounts every time. Some of the downloads of programs are extremely large and this is a strain on my download allowance. The keyboard is...
  10. Shutting down Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutting down Windows 10 PC: After Shutting Down PC Restarts....It shuts down in 2nd attempt even if there is no update available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-down-windows-10-pc/5e27781e-c0a9-4f51-a1a8-dc25acd7ae41"