Windows 10: Windows 10 PC restarting on it's own continuously with no warning

Discus and support Windows 10 PC restarting on it's own continuously with no warning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Alright, so this problem started yesterday, and it has confused and frustrated me greatly. Essentially, without warning or any sort of pattern to it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JackPotter2, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 PC restarting on it's own continuously with no warning

Alright, so this problem started yesterday, and it has confused and frustrated me greatly. Essentially, without warning or any sort of pattern to it, my PC will suddenly restart without warning me or displaying any error message. I turned off the "Automatically restart on error" box in advanced settings, but all it does now is freeze up completely without displaying any error message, not even a BSOD, forcing me to manually power it off and tunr it back on again. I have tried everything I could think of or see on message boards, like using Admin Command Prompt file repair codes to tinkering with various boot options, nothing works. The only thing I think I know is that it is probably an application related issue because I left my computer on in Safe Mode for around an hour and no such freeze/crash occured. Help of any kind would be immensely appreciated!

:)

JackPotter2, Aug 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 25, 2019
  3. pc attempting to restart continually

Hello Malcolm,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

Now, to be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the PC you are referring to?
    • What was the host operating system installed in your PC? If you performed Windows 10 upgrade, was it via Media Creation Tool or through Windows update?
    • Did you make any recent hardware/software changes to the computer, prior to the issue?
    • Did you notice if Windows is trying to configure any settings before failing or crashing out?
    • Do you receive any error messages in the subsequent restart after Windows fails to load at the first instance?
    • Are you able to start the computer normally in Safe Mode with Networking?

(This is a diagnostic step towards identifying and isolating any particular cause to the issue.)

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If you are able to boot the computer normally, I suggest you to check for particular event IDs in the Event Viewer which can help us to ascertain the cause of the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Windows 10 PC restarting on it's own continuously with no warning

Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 PC restarting on it's own continuously with no warning

1. Windows 10 PC restarting on it's own continuously with no warning - Similar Threads - restarting own continuously

2. PC restart without warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restart without warning: Hi,For the past few weeks, my PC has been randomly shutting down without warning, especially when plugged in. Some blue screens have even occurred, but that's more rare.I already tried to update all my drivers and even reinstalled Windows 11 to factory settings, but the...
  3. PC restart without warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC restart without warning: Hi,For the past few weeks, my PC has been randomly shutting down without warning, especially when plugged in. Some blue screens have even occurred, but that's more rare.I already tried to update all my drivers and even reinstalled Windows 11 to factory settings, but the...
  4. PC restarts without warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC restarts without warning: Hi, my PC which I built back in December 2021 restarts without warning. It has happened 3 times since December. In event viewer it shows critical error Kernel Power 41 with no bug report or any indication of actually cause. It happened twice when I was gaming and once while...
  5. PC restarts without warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC restarts without warning: Hi, my PC which I built back in December 2021 restarts without warning. It has happened 3 times since December. In event viewer it shows critical error Kernel Power 41 with no bug report or any indication of actually cause. It happened twice when I was gaming and once while...
  6. PC randomly restarts with no warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC randomly restarts with no warning: Hello, I recently built a PC and the PC is restarting with no warning. In the Event Viewer, there is not really any information, as all I see is the Kernel Power Error 41, which does not tell anything about why the PC is crashing. I believe this is a software issue or a...
  7. PC continues to Restart on its own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC continues to Restart on its own.: Hello, So, I've had this issue start about a month ago and have not found a solution for it as of yet. My PC restarts on its own. I've searched for reasons online and the only thing I've found was that the issue is caused by a system failure/errors and to search Event...
  8. Windows 10 continuously restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 continuously restarting: After entering my password on my laptop I get a message that states "Your PC will automatically restart in one minute. Windows ran into a problem and needs to restart. You should close this message now and save your work." It continues to restart over and over. How can I...
  9. Windows 10 continuously restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 continuously restarting: I reset my laptop on 22nd June and it is resetting since then.. It is showing 'Installing Windows' and it is continously restarting and showing the same thing for the last few days I can't even open my home screen to reinstall Windows 10 cleanly please help me to solve this...
  10. Windows 10 Continually Restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Continually Restarts: All was OK, yesterday. Today, though, laptop starts, loads programs, sits for a minute or so, then it restarts. Does this every time, I have tried to use it. Tried to jump in and restore to a previous point, and it would not do that, presumably due to it restarting. Now it...