Windows 10: Windows 10 PC showing Windows 7 End of Life message

Discus and support Windows 10 PC showing Windows 7 End of Life message in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Because of the Windows 7 end of life notice I recently installed Windows on a company laptop PC which was running Windows 7. After the install when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hamij, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Hamij Win User

Windows 10 PC showing Windows 7 End of Life message

Because of the Windows 7 end of life notice I recently installed Windows on a company laptop PC which was running Windows 7.

After the install when I press ctrl+Alt+del to login a grey screen appears with the message:

''Windows 7 End of Life - Microsoft support for Windows 7 ends on 31/12/19. This device will no longer work from this date'

Once logged in I run the 'Winver' command - which displays 'Windows 10 version 1903 (OS build 18362.535)

If I run the command 'msinfo32' the 'System summary' information shows 'OS Name' = Windows 10 Pro; 'Version' = 10.0.18362 Build 18362.

Running 'Windows Update' results in

This was a Windows 7 machine until I installed (not upgrade) Windows 10 using boot able USB media with the outcome described above.

I since carried out an upgrade to Windows 10 using usb media and the results are as still above.

Please advise if possible?

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance

:)

Hamij, Dec 17, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10 PC showing Windows 7 End of Life message

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 PC showing Windows 7 End of Life message

1. Windows 10 PC showing Windows 7 End of Life message - Similar Threads - showing End Life

2. Windows 10 end of "Life"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 end of "Life": I hope I picked the right community to get some good answers.I got notified by a local computer repair / computer builder about a month ago that Microsoft will be ending support and updates for Windows 10 mid summer 2024. Is there any fact to this or, is this guy blowing hot...
  3. End of Life Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    End of Life Windows 10: Hello WorldMy OS on my windows 10 laptop is saying its the end of life cycle for windows 10....What in the world is that - Has anyone encountered this and can anyone help me get back my Windows 10 Laptop on its feet...Pleeeeeez this thanks - Dave...
  4. End of life message

End of life message: My version of Windows Pro, Dev Ver 21376 .1 Evaluation copy Exp 2021-10-31 2:25 PMis displaying a "end of life" message in the taskbar. I have attempted all the remedies suggested update. reinstalled windows etc to no avail. Any suggestions?...
  5. windows 10 end of life message

windows 10 end of life message: I am getting an " windows end of life click here to update" message. When I click and check for updates it says I am up to date. What is happening? I am on version 1909....
  6. Windows 10 END OF LIFE?!?!?

Windows 10 END OF LIFE?!?!?: Microsoft, I'm panicking right now! What will happen after Windows 10 ends support? Help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-end-of-life/0942ce0d-3863-475a-9453-28684e466c60
  7. End of life for Windows 10

in Cortana
    End of life for Windows 10: I don't like the fact that Cortana is a separate window from the Taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/end-of-life-for-windows-10/a1bc8aa6-9f60-4980-aad6-a66afcf86adf
  8. windows 10 end of life??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 end of life??: Windows 10 will reach end of life on 14 October 2025 so what exactly is going to happen after that?!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-end-of-life/5712d8ff-1145-4b8c-9829-55b6804767e9"
  9. Windows 10 End of Life

Windows 10 End of Life: Hi, Can someone tell me if the following versions of 10 are End of Life and are no longer receiving Security or Critical updates please? Windows 10 Pro - 10.0.16299 Windows 10 Pro - 10.0.14393 Windows 10 Pro - 10.0.15063 Windows 10 Pro - 10.0.16299 Windows 10...
  10. Windows 10 end of life

Windows 10 end of life: how come windows 10 support is being ended in 2025 it was only 10 years https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-end-of-life/cc09aec8-fe4e-478a-b34a-8f9661a4d1fe