Windows 10: Windows 10 PC shut down automatically for no reason

Discus and support Windows 10 PC shut down automatically for no reason in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, my cousin was messing around with my computer, but a few seconds after he left, my computer just started to shut down without a reason. I couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thisgamerguy, May 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 PC shut down automatically for no reason

So, my cousin was messing around with my computer, but a few seconds after he left, my computer just started to shut down without a reason. I couldn't cancel it. Can anyone help?

:)

thisgamerguy, May 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, May 28, 2019
  4. Windows 10 PC shut down automatically for no reason

Windows restarting automatically after shut down

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why your PC is restarting automatically after shut down
    are due to broken components on the boot configuration data of your system.
    To isolate the issue, we suggest that you perform the following steps to trigger
    SafeMode through the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) option. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Improper shutdown process
      • Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo is visible, unplug the power source of your computer. Perform this step three times.
      • On the fourth time that you turn on your computer, just simply wait for the
        Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) window to appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click
      Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the
      F4
      key to start your computer in Safe Mode.

We also recommend that you perform a system restore after booting into safe mode.
    This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps
    below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Vanessa Oca, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 PC shut down automatically for no reason

1. Windows 10 PC shut down automatically for no reason - Similar Threads - shut down automatically

2. PC shutting down automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutting down automatically.: Greeting to all the people...Sir/Mam I want you too help me with an issue in my dell laptop..The issue is that whenever I put my laptop`s lid down or put it to sleep or leave it unattended it automatically shuts down...This issue I think is from some update. but I can`t...
  3. PC shutting down automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC shutting down automatically.: Greeting to all the people...Sir/Mam I want you too help me with an issue in my dell laptop..The issue is that whenever I put my laptop`s lid down or put it to sleep or leave it unattended it automatically shuts down...This issue I think is from some update. but I can`t...
  4. PC automatically shuts down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC automatically shuts down: Hello. I Just need some little help with my PC. It keeps on shutting down automatically whenever I play a game or when I open chrome.When I go to the event viewer, the last error I encountered was: The cplspcon service terminated with the following errorI've also had this...
  5. pc automatically shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc automatically shut down: Hello, Last few days I got a huge troubles with PC. It crashed many times in game after 2-8 minutes. I received many BSOD with codes: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error or driver power state failure.In game there were log with dx11 errors. All the drivers are up to date, system too....
  6. pc automatically shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc automatically shut down: Hello, Last few days I got a huge troubles with PC. It crashed many times in game after 2-8 minutes. I received many BSOD with codes: video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error or driver power state failure.In game there were log with dx11 errors. All the drivers are up to date, system too....
  7. Windows 10 shuts down for no reason

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 shuts down for no reason: Windows 10 Pro on a home built machine. Has been operational for a couple of years. Started randomly shutting down a few weeks ago. And I mean randomly. The PC can be in sleep mode and wakes up just to shut down. No new programs installed, AFAIK virus free. Memory, CPU and...
  8. PC SHUTS DOWN AUTOMATICALLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC SHUTS DOWN AUTOMATICALLY: I have downloaded windows 10 may 2020 update through Windows update Assistant. But as soon as it starts updating windows and the percent reach 13% or 17% the pc shuts down automatically. I am facing this issue throughout the day. What is the solution?...
  9. roblox shut down pc for no reason

in Windows 10 Customization
    roblox shut down pc for no reason: my computer turns off when i play roblox for some reason. I have tried everything even past Microsoft problems that others have commented on and received answers but it seems it does not help me at all. I tested the answers but it still didn't work...
  10. PC shutting down automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shutting down automatically: We had a windows 2012 server with us and MySQL for an application is working with it. The day before yesterday it starts shutting down automatically and showing an error like entering to low power state in event manager. We thought it was due to some heating problem or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shut down pc automatically

2. computer shut down for no reason windows 10

3. windows 10 shuts down for no reason

4. windows shutting down for no reason,
  5. win 10 shutdown no reason,
  6. win shuts no reason,
  7. windows shutting off pc for no reason,
  8. widows shut down for no reason,
  9. windows 10 shuts down automatically,
  10. laptop shuts down automatically windows 10,
  11. windows shuts down no reason,
  12. pc shutting down automatically,
  13. widows 10 pc shuts down on battery power with event code 10016,
  14. after upgrading windows 10 version 1903 computer shuts down and restarts every few minutes,
  15. automatic shut down after 1903 update windows 10