Windows 10: Windows 10 PC shutdown unexpectedly.

Discus and support Windows 10 PC shutdown unexpectedly. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi so today I had decided to download a game on Steam and I have decided to step away for a few minutes about 5 minutes. When I came back to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Redbatman Win User

Windows 10 PC shutdown unexpectedly.

Hi so today I had decided to download a game on Steam and I have decided to step away for a few minutes about 5 minutes. When I came back to my computer it was on sleep and I had no idea why it was since it had not been 30 minutes. So I turned it back on and my monitor was not giving me any signal what so ever. So after about 5 minutes of changing cables and such my computer decided to go back and let me log on to the screen. However I have my computer set to go into desktop and not require a password on sleep.

So I go onto event viewer and I find this in one of the logs

The previous system shutdown at 2:22:13 PM on ‎8/‎27/‎2018 was unexpected.

So immediately I decided to use who crashed to find out what did it but it came back with no crash dump files. I then ran a performance monitor check ad came back with no problems on this computer. So then I went into device manager and no critical or yellow exclamations were there either.

So everything seems fine but I wondering what may have caused this, it could have been a power failure but the breakers in the fuse box had no flipped switches. Can someone give me any help on this?

:)

Redbatman, Aug 27, 2018

2. pc shutdown unexpectedly

hi joydeep sir there is a powercut in my house yestarday and my ups backup was finsished and my pc was shutdown unexpectedly so will there be a chance of my windows getting corrupted for that reason what u say.i am using windows 10 home sl 64 bit

JoydeepSarkar685, Aug 27, 2018
  3. PC is Suffering Unexpected Shutdowns

So its been almost two weeks since i last posted and since my PC has shutdown unexpectedly... My original plan was to play around with the RAM to see if that was the issue but after a few days of no shutdowns i figured i would see if the CMOS clear and repairing the corrupt OS had fixed the issue. As i already said its been almost 2 weeks since i first made theses changes and i was fairly certain it had fixed the issue...Unfortunately my PC did shutdown unexpectedly today while i was at work. It seems pretty ridiculous to me that the PC could be on for almost 2 weeks straight and have no issues then just randomly shutdown...I ran the SFC scan to make sure nothing had gone wrong with the OS and it reported no issues. My next step i guess would be to try and eliminate the RAM as the issue but honestly i find i very hard to believe that's the issue after the PC was on for 2 weeks. Surely if this was a hardware issue i would have more regular shutdowns...or at least shutdown while im actually using the PC...What do you guys think?

Deridder45, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 PC shutdown unexpectedly. - Similar Threads - shutdown unexpectedly

2. The previous shutdown was unexpected. Keeps occuring.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The previous shutdown was unexpected. Keeps occuring.: Recently I have had crashing issues with no error under The previous system shutdown at 7:05:09 PM on ‎3/‎30/‎2024 was unexpected. I do not know the reason for this and it occurs during many tasks such as Gaming, and Browsing the web. I would appreciate some help.Log name:...
  3. The previous shutdown was unexpected. Keeps occuring.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The previous shutdown was unexpected. Keeps occuring.: Recently I have had crashing issues with no error under The previous system shutdown at 7:05:09 PM on ‎3/‎30/‎2024 was unexpected. I do not know the reason for this and it occurs during many tasks such as Gaming, and Browsing the web. I would appreciate some help.Log name:...
  4. System crash unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crash unexpected shutdown: Hello,It's been a while since I'm experiencing random crashes on my Laptop, Windows 10 IoT Enterprice LTSC 21H2 OS Build 19044.2491.Step by step:1. Work normally on my laptop, charger is connected, full battery, no problem at all.2. Suddenly, a random crash happens and causes...
  5. System crash unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crash unexpected shutdown: Hello,It's been a while since I'm experiencing random crashes on my Laptop, Windows 10 IoT Enterprice LTSC 21H2 OS Build 19044.2491.Step by step:1. Work normally on my laptop, charger is connected, full battery, no problem at all.2. Suddenly, a random crash happens and causes...
  6. System crash unexpected shutdown

7. System crash unexpected shutdown

8. System crash unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. System crash unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Event 6008 The previous system shutdown was unexpected for ASUS TUF A17

Event 6008 The previous system shutdown was unexpected for ASUS TUF A17: Asus A17 TUF706IU-AS76 AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB RAM, 1TB NVMe SSD, GTX1660Ti 6GBI usually connect my laptop with two monitors one via HDMI and the other via the typeC port and always plug with power. My HDMI screen main screen is having all kinds of trouble when it is spare...