Windows 10: Windows 10 PC shuts down after boot

Discus and support Windows 10 PC shuts down after boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The Issue: - Self built PC of around 4.5 years old - Started happening yesterday evening - Parts list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/ The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by D4_26, Feb 6, 2021.

1. D4_26 Win User

Windows 10 PC shuts down after boot

The Issue:

- Self built PC of around 4.5 years old

- Started happening yesterday evening

- Parts list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/

The current status of the issue: it either turns off immediately after booting OR, it'll stay on for anywhere between 1-20 mins before randomly and suddenly showing the "Shutting Down" screen for no reason and shutting down on it's own. Note that it's not blue screening or freezing but showing the "Shutting Down" screen.

I quite honestly have no clue when it comes to troubleshooting and it's just incredibly irritating because it could be a million different things. I hope we can try more basic things before resorting to anything drastic like a hardware swap nobody wants to waste money on a new PSU or new RAM only to still have the issue and not fix anything, and at that point I'd probably rather just pay to have it sent to a repair shop. Hopefully we can work it out.

I've had somewhat of a similar issue before, but not exactly...

A few months ago I had a similar issue except it was a mixture of the sudden "Shutting Down" screens and blue screens but they only happened around once a day or once every few days so at least the computer was usable. Now it either "shuts down" like 5 mins after booting or immediately. I believe last time the issue persisted for a month or so until I reinstalled some driver or something but I honestly don't remember. And this time the computer barely stays on long enough for me to do anything.

What I've tried:

- Sfc/Scannow it said it found corrupted files and repaired them but the issue still persists

- Windows memory diagnostic said it found no issues

- Virus scans Malwarebytes & Bitdefender, no issues found

Thanks in advance

:)

D4_26, Feb 6, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Windows 10 PC shuts down after boot

do not boot windows 10

Hi Gerald,

We would like to know more about the issue. Did you make any software or hardware changes to the computer? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

If you haven't done so yet, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10, click this
      link.
    • Try a cold boot. Shut down your device, remove power cord and battery (if available) and wait for about 20 seconds. Then connect battery and power cord and try booting again.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 PC shuts down after boot

1. Windows 10 PC shuts down after boot - Similar Threads - shuts down boot

2. PC boots back up after shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots back up after shutting down: I have windows 11 and every time i click power off, and shuts off, a second later it will boot back up and usually when this occurs I just turn the pc off by the power supply. How can i fix this issue? I have tried adjusting power plans and automatic startup and still does...
  3. PC boots back up after shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC boots back up after shutting down: I have windows 11 and every time i click power off, and shuts off, a second later it will boot back up and usually when this occurs I just turn the pc off by the power supply. How can i fix this issue? I have tried adjusting power plans and automatic startup and still does...
  4. Pc shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts down after boot: so every time i boot up my computer and sign in, i wait for two of my apps to open up automatically medal tv, and Nzxt cam. then i open another app/ game for example discord. once i open the desired app my cursor has a blue ring around it and i hear a noise through my...
  5. Pc shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc shuts down after boot: so every time i boot up my computer and sign in, i wait for two of my apps to open up automatically medal tv, and Nzxt cam. then i open another app/ game for example discord. once i open the desired app my cursor has a blue ring around it and i hear a noise through my...
  6. PC boots and immediately shuts down after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC boots and immediately shuts down after Windows 10 update: Hello everyone, I updated my PC a few days ago, and I had no problems with it. However, yesterday I booted my PC and when it opened the desktop it shut down. I thought I had no battery on my PC so I put it charging. I decided to boot the PC again and it shut down right...
  7. PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC doesn’t shut down after hitting shut down.: I just got a new gaming headset and I plugged it in. It updated drivers and then I went to press shutdown. After pressing shutdown, I turned off my monitor and left the room. I came back into the room and was suprised my pc fan lights and keyboard and mouse lights were still...
  8. PC shuts down shortly after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC shuts down shortly after boot: Today I had an unusual error that Windows did not start properly and I performed a normal restart. It will shut down now shortly after boot, either at the log in screen or after I log in, approximately just one minute. Safe mode runs fine so I'm suspecting there are...
  9. Will not Boot after problems with shutting down.

Will not Boot after problems with shutting down.: Lenovo IdeaPad 710S-13ISK i5-6200U Windows 10 Used it on a normal day then all of a sudden it won't shut down. Kept going straight to lock screen. Nothing i tried would shut it down. Except long pressing the power key. Next time i boot the computer it doesn't get to...
  10. Issues booting the PC and shutting it down.

Issues booting the PC and shutting it down.: Hello TenForums members! I'm having some issues with my PC I have never had before. The computer is a personal rig I have personally worked on, but these last weeks some problems started appearing. Problem 1) {Had this problem for months, I think this problem also...