Windows 10: Windows 10 PC sleep mode issues

Discus and support Windows 10 PC sleep mode issues in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Good dayI am using an HP Laptop, the issue is when i put my PC to sleep for the first time and i shake my mouse or pressed the keyboard it will wake up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by John Akinyemi, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Windows 10 PC sleep mode issues

Good dayI am using an HP Laptop, the issue is when i put my PC to sleep for the first time and i shake my mouse or pressed the keyboard it will wake up to login screen for me use my password to login to desktop.If I needed to leave my desk again at intervals and i put my PC to sleep on getting back to wake it up using my mouse or keyboard it will not respond.It will show that it is in sleep mode but will not wake up for the second time, i will have to force shut down before i can access the PC again.This has been an issue all the while.Kindly proffer a lasting solution.

:)

John Akinyemi, Feb 7, 2022

2. Sleep mode

Hi,

This issue with sleep mode could have happened due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you update your drivers. You can follow the steps provided in this

article

If the issue still persists, we also suggest that you change the settings in your Windows 10. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    . This will give you steps to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anthony Gal, Feb 7, 2022
  3. Issues with the Sleep mode and Hibernate in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I see that even if you are placing the PC in sleep mode or hibernate mode the PC will turn back On after some time. This might be due to the corruption in Power management settings.

I would suggest you to disconnect the TV from computer and check if the issue persists. If the issue does not persists then you can move further with the below troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try running the Power Troubleshooter to check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Run the Power troubleshooter on the system.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter
    Further you can try creating a new power plan according to your preference. Refer the link below for more details on Power Plans.

Power Plans: frequently asked questions

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

(Steps in the article, applies to Windows 10).

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 7, 2022
  4. Windows 10 PC sleep mode issues

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 7, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 PC sleep mode issues

1. Windows 10 PC sleep mode issues - Similar Threads - sleep mode issues

2. Issues with Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Sleep mode: I have had constant issues with sleep mode on my New HP Envy Desktop that came with Windows 11 preloaded. Sleep mode starts just fine, but after about 10 minutes, I get a message from my monitor that there is no video input The monitor is an HP 27" When I move the mouse, the...
  3. Windows 10 PC sleep mode issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC sleep mode issues: Good dayI am using an HP Laptop, the issue is when i put my PC to sleep for the first time and i shake my mouse or pressed the keyboard it will wake up to login screen for me use my password to login to desktop.If I needed to leave my desk again at intervals and i put my PC...
  4. Windows 10 PC sleep mode issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PC sleep mode issues: Good dayI am using an HP Laptop, the issue is when i put my PC to sleep for the first time and i shake my mouse or pressed the keyboard it will wake up to login screen for me use my password to login to desktop.If I needed to leave my desk again at intervals and i put my PC...
  5. Windows 10 sleep mode issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 sleep mode issue: It appears that all the sleep mode settings correct on my HP Envy PC, but it won't go to sleep when it's supposed to. I have the monitor set to go dark after 10 minutes and the PC to go into sleep mode at 15 minutes. It was fine for weeks until last night when the power light...
  6. Window 10 sleep mode issue

Window 10 sleep mode issue: problem is the window didnt wake up from sleep mode. I have to reboot cause it turned off...... Rebooting it constantly can't be a good thing. Please help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-sleep-mode-issue/0b7493bb-3c42-4ea2-9ffd-7270437a6733
  7. Windows 10, Sleep mode issue

Windows 10, Sleep mode issue: My system does not come out of sleep mode if system is idle for a while, why is this happening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-sleep-mode-issue/739e6235-f381-4511-9bb6-5474116db869
  8. Windows 10 sleep mode issue

Windows 10 sleep mode issue: I am running Windows 10 Pro, for some reason my computer if left idle for a while, will not come out of sleep mode. I have to shutdown and restart to resolve. What can be wrong?...
  9. sleep mode issues

sleep mode issues: I have all of my settings for sleep mode to not cause the pc to sleep at all. It still goes into sleep mode and still won't wake up when I push any buttons or the touchpad. Any advice?...
  10. Sleep mode issue

Sleep mode issue: When I turn my laptop into sleep mode, it goes into sleep mode, but after some time it is automatically getting shut down. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-issue/0aef3481-5072-4dcb-b44b-9ea19eff5903