Windows 10: Windows 10 PC states "Siri now connected" as it's powering down.

Discus and support Windows 10 PC states "Siri now connected" as it's powering down. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've had a Dell Inspiron One PC for about 5 years. In the past month while powering off, there's a grinding noise and the default Siri female voice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DanielJaramillo_911, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 PC states "Siri now connected" as it's powering down.

I've had a Dell Inspiron One PC for about 5 years. In the past month while powering off, there's a grinding noise and the default Siri female voice stating "Siri now connected". At first I thought the grinding noise was a failing hard drive but turns out the grinding sound is coming from the speakers as the PC is powering down, grinding stops, then the female Siri voice states, "Siri is now connected." then the PC shuts off. Happens every time. I have iTunes and Spotify installed and no recent software installs. Ran anti-malware programs Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware Professional, and System Mechanic and don't find any malware. Running Windows Security. Would appreciate any suggestions, thanks.

:)

DanielJaramillo_911, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Platform Power Management CapabilitiesWindows 10 PC states "Siri now connected" as it's powering down. :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern with the battery report. Active State Power Management or ASPM is a power management protocol used to manage PCI Express-based serial link devices as links become less active over time. It is normally used on laptops and
    other mobile Internet devices to extend battery life.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are there any devices connected to the computer?

Please respond to the private message with the required information for further investigation. However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Change the advanced power plan settings.

1. Right click at Windows Start menu icon and select Control Panel.
    2. Set the View by to: Small icons.
    3. Click on Power Option, then click on Change plan setting.
    4. Select Changeadvanced power settings.
    5. Scroll down and expand PCI Express and
      Link State Power Management
    6. Change the option for both On battery
      and Plugged in to Maximum power savings.
    7. Then click Ok.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 PC states "Siri now connected" as it's powering down.

Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi murlichatlani,

Have you tried the suggestions on my initial post, in response to the original poster? If you haven't performed any troubleshooting yet, here are a couple of things you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

If the steps didn't help, you may go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection in Windows 10.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Aileen Alf, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 PC states "Siri now connected" as it's powering down.

1. Windows 10 PC states "Siri now connected" as it's powering down. - Similar Threads - states Siri connected

2. Power State Failure BSOD on a freshly installed Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power State Failure BSOD on a freshly installed Windows 10 PC: Hi folks, I have recently changed my local Disk drive type from SATA SSD to an NVME M.2 Samsung 970 EVO plus with a fresh Windows 10 install. For some reason I keep on getting sporadic BSOD error "Power State Failure" whenever I either try to shutdown my PC or during the...
  3. Had Driver Power State Failure and now can't power on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Had Driver Power State Failure and now can't power on: I turned on my laptop and it was fine then it started to sound like a jet engine which never happens and froze. Then it gave me that error code (i think cause it happened so fast) and now when i hold the power button it won't turn on. (this is from another computer) Is there...
  4. Driver power state failure when shutting down

Driver power state failure when shutting down: Recently I have been getting these blue screens whenever shut down or restart my pc, saying: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I have tried running an SFC scan but that didn't help I uninstalled my graphic drivers but that still didn't help. Please provide me with some fixes as I...
  5. Drive Power State Failure Windows 10

Drive Power State Failure Windows 10: Needing help with this. Have tried numerous fixes on the web and on Microsoft community including updating drivers, reinstalling driver, changing power settings, running Driver Verifier, and system File Checker. have also reinstalled windows. Can send mini dump file and...
  6. Power State Issues Windows 10

Power State Issues Windows 10: Recently, I've been having power issues in Windows 10 on my desktop. I was unable to shut down my computer, as it would remain on with all of the fans ramping up to max. I resolved this issue by making a post in /r/asrock and turned off fast boot. However, I am still unable...
  7. PC powering down by it self

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC powering down by it self: Since upgrading my PC from Windows 7 ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. my PC will randomly power down then restart automatically often. Any suggestions? I ruled out issues with the sleep mode. (now turned off)...
  8. driver power state failure Windows 10

driver power state failure Windows 10: This is a very common Windows crash problem but threads on the topic get locked by Microsoft almost immediately and I cannot easily find an open one. I first encountered this problem a year or two ago, and after unsuccessfully attempting to troubleshoot and identify the...
  9. PC Tower will not power down?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC Tower will not power down?: Long story short, I added an ssd as boot drive, and a new hdd for storage, and did a clean install of windows onto the ssd using a windows 10 image from the website and a flash drive, but now my pc won't power down. When I shutdown, windows goes through the normal sequence,...
  10. power state failure windows 10

power state failure windows 10: Sir, I been facing this issue since last few days and i am uploading minidump file . please advice me what is the problem which i am facing and advice me what to do next Regards Visakh...