Windows 10: Windows 10 PC stuck in restricted mode

Discus and support Windows 10 PC stuck in restricted mode in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had an old Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop running Vista and did not want to toss in the trash as it was lightly used. So I thought it would be useful for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by likejudo, Sep 4, 2019.

1. likejudo Win User

Windows 10 PC stuck in restricted mode

I had an old Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop running Vista and did not want to toss in the trash as it was lightly used.
    So I thought it would be useful for web browsing etc.

I purchased a OEM key for Windows 10 Home from Kingquist (after reading an article in Tom's Hardware Guide that said it is legal and just surpluses).

Did a clean install using the ISO method from a USG flash drive. No issues, Activated via Microsoft's phone activation line.

Issue:

A month later, I go to youtube to see a particular match of the Judo World Championships.

I type in the search box, "tina trystenjak judo hansakumake"

I get a message

"Some results have been removed because Restricted Mode is enabled by your network administrator.
    FILTER"

I am the admin of the laptop and there are no other user accounts on it.
    I got this error on Edge and then tried installing Chrome and turning off Restricted mode from that browser.
    However it had no effect.

I read so many posts saying this is not fixed. It is not a youtube issue because another PC does not show the same message.

:)

likejudo, Sep 4, 2019
  2. S-and-S Win User

Since your problem originates in YouTube, and not Windows 10 - so creating a new user account makes no sense - you should post in
    Community forum - YouTube Help.

As you'll see, there are quite a few 'stuck in Restricted mode' posts. Hopefully there's an answer that works for you.

S-and-S, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 PC stuck in restricted mode - Similar Threads - stuck restricted mode

2. Restricted Mode is off but things still restricted?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restricted Mode is off but things still restricted?: For some reason restricted mode is off but some videos and all comments are restricted. Any possible way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restricted-mode-is-off-but-things-still-restricted/d677b1f2-3de6-4caf-9cfb-f07b1e846b4d
  3. Restricted mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restricted mode: I am trying to watch a youtube video but it is telling me that it is set to restricted mode and I cannot find a way to turn it off. Please help me get this off. I tried clicking on my profile picture and that did not work....
  4. Youtube Restricted mode

Youtube Restricted mode: I did not turn on my youtube restricted mode and I use youtube signed out. in every browser it is under restricted mode. can someone help me pls its been doing this for so long!!...
  5. Windows 10 PC stuck in restricted mode

Windows 10 PC stuck in restricted mode: I go to youtube to see a particular match of the Judo World Championships. I type in the search box, "tina trystenjak judo hansakumake" I get a message "Some results have been removed because Restricted Mode is enabled by your network administrator. FILTER " I am the...
  6. Disable restricted mode

Disable restricted mode: Hi, You Tube suddenly put me in restricted mode. I keep trying to disable it without success. Any suggestions? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/disable-restricted-mode/8e0b63e3-f70e-497b-a384-444aca3e6440
  7. Restricted mode

Restricted mode: Hi, My You tube suddenly changed enabled Restricted mode. It happened on the same day that my gmail account updated to a newer version. I am not sure if that is the reason. I can't disable the restricted mode. Can you please help. Thank you...
  8. General "Restriction Mode" Needed on Home PC

General "Restriction Mode" Needed on Home PC: As a parent with a teenager, I really need to be able to set restrictions of what is viewed, listened to, read, or even pops up on the screen. I would welcome a general restriction mode where I can select the highest settings acceptable to my family. I don't want to create...
  9. Restricted Mode?

in Browsers and Email
    Restricted Mode?: I was going to watch a video on spacex.com and it said that I cant watch it in restricted mode. I searched the phrase but windows was zero. ??? 96914
  10. Another "youtube stuck on restricted mode" thread. Is there a solution

in Windows 10 Support
    Another "youtube stuck on restricted mode" thread. Is there a solution: I recently set up 3 computers for my family, doing clean installs of Win10 for all. On two of the computers youtube is set to restricted mode all the time and can't be changed. The third computer has restricted mode set to off. Many people have this problem, and in every...