Windows 10: Windows 10 - PC suddenly restarts itself

Discus and support Windows 10 - PC suddenly restarts itself in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, this is a follow up post from this thread:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by History776, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - PC suddenly restarts itself

Hi all,

this is a follow up post from this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...skrnlexe/9bec958a-a8ac-49fd-a9d8-3e2b391ae8ab

TLDR version of this previous thread is that I got bluescreens and did not know what to do to fix it. Now, these have gone away, but my PC still at times reboots itself automatically. I sometimes get a very brief blue screen before that, but it also happens as it did just now without a bluescreen.

I checked the event log and see the following around the time of the shutdown:

Error [event 6008, Eventlog]: The previous system shutdown at 8:18:38 pm on ‎27/‎2/‎2020 was unexpected.

Details:

-<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    -<System>
    <Provider Name="EventLog" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="32768">6008</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2020-02-27T12:52:50.384403800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>8082</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-MJGJ562</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    -<EventData>
    <Data>8:18:38 pm</Data>
    <Data>‎27/‎2/‎2020</Data>
    <Data />
    <Data />
    <Data>7211</Data>
    <Data />
    <Data />
    <Binary>E407020004001B00140012002600D001E407020004001B000C0012002600D001600900003C000000010000006009000001000000B00400000100000000000000</Binary>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Critical [Event 41, Kernel-Power]: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Details:

-<System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2020-02-27T12:52:42.299368800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>8093</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation/>
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    -<EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Error [event 1101, Eventlog]: Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0

Details:

-<System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Eventlog" Guid="{fc65ddd8-d6ef-4962-83d5-6e5cfe9ce148}" />
    <EventID>1101</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>101</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x4020000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2020-02-27T12:52:50.696060700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>179018</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation/>
    <Execution ProcessID="1624" ThreadID="2540" />
    <Channel>Security</Channel>
    <Security />
    </System>
    -<UserData>
    -<AuditEventsDropped xmlns="http://manifests.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/windows/eventlog">
    <Reason>0</Reason>
    </AuditEventsDropped>
    </UserData>
    </Event>

There is no dump file. Any idea what I could do?

:)

History776, Feb 27, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 27, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Windows 10 - PC suddenly restarts itself

Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - PC suddenly restarts itself

1. Windows 10 - PC suddenly restarts itself - Similar Threads - suddenly restarts itself

2. PC Restart Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Restart Itself: We have IPC from Beckhoff installed on our folding MachinePC restart itself without any permission during the normal operation of machine one surprising scenerio is occuring here The Scenerio is that "the pc restart itself only when we switch ON the power after one or two...
  3. PC Restart Itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Restart Itself: We have IPC from Beckhoff installed on our folding MachinePC restart itself without any permission during the normal operation of machine one surprising scenerio is occuring here The Scenerio is that "the pc restart itself only when we switch ON the power after one or two...
  4. PC crashes and restarts itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes and restarts itself.: Hi, my PC crashes and restarts itself. Has been happening couple of times a day.Event 1, WHEA-Logger. Fatal crash.I have replaced and tested with different Motherboard, GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU and nvme drives.They show the same error. - <Event...
  5. PC crashes and restarts itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes and restarts itself.: Hi, my PC crashes and restarts itself. Has been happening couple of times a day.Event 1, WHEA-Logger. Fatal crash.I have replaced and tested with different Motherboard, GPU, CPU, RAM, PSU and nvme drives.They show the same error. - <Event...
  6. PC crashes and restarts itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. PC restarts itself

PC restarts itself: I bought a new Lenovo laptop and installed some softwares on it like Autocad, 3D Max and Photoshop plus to Microsoft office. when I'm trying to make file save as,the PC shows me a blue screen and start itself as attached Could you help me with this problem whether it...
  8. Windows 10 Restarting By itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Restarting By itself: Hi, My PC reboot by itself and when I check the event log I see the below msg - *********************************************************************************************************************************************** The application-specific permission settings do...
  9. Windows 10 - PC suddenly restarts itself [Event 41, Kernel-Power: The system has rebooted...

Windows 10 - PC suddenly restarts itself [Event 41, Kernel-Power: The system has rebooted...: Hi all, this is a follow up post from this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-systemserviceexception-ntoskrnlexe/9bec958a-a8ac-49fd-a9d8-3e2b391ae8ab TLDR version of this previous thread is that I got bluescreens and did not know...
  10. PC Restarting by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Restarting by itself: Hi my PC had started rebooting without any user input, this seems to be happening only when the PC is not in use. I'll leave the PC with a browser window up or just on the desktop and when I come back a while later it is at the login screen. As far as I can tell...