Windows 10: Windows 10 PC taking really long to boot up.

Discus and support Windows 10 PC taking really long to boot up. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all: My issue is that my PC would start up in approximately 5-7 seconds (I have an SSD). Then last night I was going to shut down my PC because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Blambino, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Blambino Win User

Windows 10 PC taking really long to boot up.

Hi all:

My issue is that my PC would start up in approximately 5-7 seconds (I have an SSD). Then last night I was going to shut down my PC because I was going to bed but I accidentally hit restart. So I was waiting for it to restart and it was stuck on the windows 10 boot up screen for almost 5 minutes before I got impatient and turned it off with the external power button. Woke up the next day and went to turn it on and it still takes forever to get past the windows boot screen.

Basically I went from booting up in 5 seconds to well over 5 minutes. If you can help or need any more info let me know

Thanks.

:)

Blambino, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Tomgang Win User

How long does your pc take to boot to windows?

Got curious about boot time on other pc's old as new.

How long does your pc take to boot from dead cold. Meaning from you push start button to ready in windows desktop?

Mine is about 38 seconds. Most of the boot time is bios posting. My old mother dosent have uefi bios but the good old legacy bios so posting takes longer. But yeah thats the price you pay then you are using almost 10 year old hardware.

A little video of my pc booting.

Tomgang, Jun 13, 2019
  3. shubhzr Win User
    Windows 10 taking too long to boot.

few days back I updated my pc to windows 10 although features are good, but its taking too much time for booting.

it takes around 5 mins to start its so irritating and same takes too long to log off.

anyone with the same problem?

please give suggestions.

thanks

shubhzr, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 PC taking really long to boot up. - Similar Threads - taking really long

2. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: It's my first time asking a question here . Hope i get some answers. I upgraded to windows 10 home from windows 8.1. My Windows 10 takes about 8 minutes too boot up My Notebook specifications are as follows. It is a HP Pavilion TS 15 Notebook CPU: Intel Core i3 4005U ,...
  3. Windows 10 takes really long to reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 takes really long to reboot: Hello, I have a problem with windows 10 rebooting. It takes 15-25 minutes for windows to load. After it loads, the PC is fast and I don't have any problems. If I shutdown the PC and then power it back on with fast startup enabled it takes only 2-5 seconds for windows 10 to...
  4. Windows 10 takes long time to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 takes long time to boot: Hi, I had this problem since 2 days ago, it will take long time to boot and stuck on black screen with spinning circle for the longest time before I can sign in into my laptop. I have been trying to fix it with the internet help(windows 10 trouble shooting, reddit, etc)....
  5. win.10 taking long time to boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
    win.10 taking long time to boot up: For the last 3 weeks or so, when i boot up w.-10, it takes about 10 minutes to start, compared to previously about 20 seconds. I use w. 10 - 64 bit - kasperskyTotal....
  6. Keyboard takes too long to boot up in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard takes too long to boot up in Windows 10: I recently had to purchase a new SSD for my C:\ drive and reinstall windows 10. It seems that almost every time I boot up my PC the keyboard sometimes takes about two minutes to activate. The keyboard is USB wired. My mouse, which is usb wireless, works immediately upon...
  7. Windows 10 takes a long time to boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 takes a long time to boot: So, I've encountered this issue lately where Windows 10 takes considerably longer to boot than before. (Usually 4 to 5 minutes) It used to boot under 30 seconds before so I don't know what went wrong here. So, the screen with the Windows logo and loading circle...
  8. Windows 10 takes too long to boot.

Windows 10 takes too long to boot.: I know this is a holiday weekend, but I'm set to start a new job working from home. Just as I'm about to go live I'm suddenly noticing that Windows 10 is taking 5 minutes or from turning it on to when I can actually use it. I've already done the basics by looking for malware,...
  9. Windows 10 taking too long to boot

Windows 10 taking too long to boot: I know there are several threads by this name, but my problem, as far as I know, is quite peculiar and I haven't seen anything similar to this in any thread. Yesterday I did a clean install (actually I wiped the whole hard drive and converted it to MBR since it was in GPT and...
  10. Win 10 taking a really long time to boot

Win 10 taking a really long time to boot: I have a Dell Inspiron 3531 with the Windows 10 free upgrade (Home edition) and an Intel Celeron N2830. Since a couple of days, my laptop is taking a really long time to start up. After it powers on, there is a blank screen for 1-2 minutes before the Dell logo and loading...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc taking to long to boot up