Windows 10: Windows 10 PC "travels back in time" ??

Discus and support Windows 10 PC "travels back in time" ?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I left the PC on overnight and when I checked it next morning, there was picture on the monitor. I was in a hurry and hard-rebooted it. Then I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hannele2, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Hannele2 Win User

Windows 10 PC "travels back in time" ??

I left the PC on overnight and when I checked it next morning, there was picture on the monitor. I was in a hurry and hard-rebooted it. Then I noticed something really strange! The last couple of days of activities were missing!

• When I opened Vivaldi browser, it was re-loading the tabs I browsed a coupled of days earlier. Not the tabs from the night before.
    • When I opened Qbittorrent, all the torrents that had been downloading from the night before, were missing, and only those that had been seeding a few days back, were visible.
    • I had also updated the beta version of a software called Scrivener the night before -- but when I opened it, it was still at the old, expired Beta version that I had upgraded from.
    • I checked History in the browser, but there was no history from the day before, even though I spent ages on the net.

It was like the computer had forgotten about the last few days and just rolled back. But this is a brand new machine, it has no backup at all set up.

• Is this a known phenomenon?
    • What on earth happened?
    • Any way to restore the user profile (that seems to be what took the main hit).

I'm very technical, working in IT etc - so don't hold back and don't dumb it down if you've got any serious feedback on this. I am just very surprised by this and I can't figure out why a hard reboot should cause the computer to lose so much. I believe that data in the AppData User folder is primarily what's missing - but how could this have happened? I'd like to understand it just as much as I'd like to restore the lost work.

:)

Hannele2, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Dec 6, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 PC "travels back in time" ?? - Similar Threads - travels

2. Help, USB 3 transfer speed drops constantly to 0 (Kingston Data Traveler 3.0, Though I have...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, USB 3 transfer speed drops constantly to 0 (Kingston Data Traveler 3.0, Though I have...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ShawnDesilets [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fktleo/help_usb_3_transfer_speed_drops_constantly_to_0/
  3. I have an account for windows ten can I use on 2nd computer i use for travelling

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have an account for windows ten can I use on 2nd computer i use for travelling: I have a second computer I would like to download 10 can i use my account version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-account-for-windows-ten-can-i-use-on-2nd/5db3f66a-26fc-403e-b1c1-aff46f6da389
  4. I have just purchased a new 2 in 1 HP to use while traveling can I use all my programs on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have just purchased a new 2 in 1 HP to use while traveling can I use all my programs on...: Also I tried to allow my remote access feature with my maintains provider to help me with the set up and wasn't able to get it to work. Is there something different with this version of windows as I noticed that it is listed as windows 10S? Thank you Doug...
  5. 2FA when travelling overseas with no access to mobile phone.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    2FA when travelling overseas with no access to mobile phone.: If I setup 2FA on my desktop ( Windows 10 ver 1903) , does this also apply to my windows tablet (same version Windows 10)) with same ms account ? When I travel overseas with tablet and have no access to mobile phone then I cant login? Tks 144934
  6. a travel agency displays its ads while browsing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    a travel agency displays its ads while browsing: While reading a newspaper on the web or checking weather forecast, ads of travel agency OPODO keep popping up. Among the articles of the newspaper, I'll see ads by this agency....
  7. Is it bad to not shut down your laptop and only keep it asleep when traveling?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it bad to not shut down your laptop and only keep it asleep when traveling?: I heard that it is not good for a laptop to be on while it is being transported. However, I don't know how much truth there is to this claim. Is it actually bad to only put a laptop to sleep when traveling?...
  8. Cant download travel channel go on my pc. It keeps wnating me to download on my phone.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant download travel channel go on my pc. It keeps wnating me to download on my phone.: I just want to simply download travel channel go app on my pc so I can stream ghost adventurers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-travel-channel-go-on-my-pc-it-keeps/d7517a89-9071-4ecb-a6ab-84911288277d"
  9. Windows Defender Blocking Kingston Data Traveler encrypted USB thumb drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Blocking Kingston Data Traveler encrypted USB thumb drive: Windows Defender Blocking Kingston Data Traveler encrypted USB thumb drive. The symptom would be after entering the passcode, the thumb drive created another unencrypted drive but it will always gave me a message "Please insert a disk into USB drive", that new drive is not...
  10. Fine tune touchpad gesture travel distance settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fine tune touchpad gesture travel distance settings?: I just got a Surface Laptop 3 with a precision touchpad. Is it possible to fine tune the gesture settings any more than what you can do in the settings menu? I'd like to reduce the travel distance needed for gestures like backwards navigation, forwards navigation, etc....