Windows 10: windows 10 pc wakes immediately from sleep by itself

Discus and support windows 10 pc wakes immediately from sleep by itself in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My windows 10 PC has recently started to wake itself up immediately after being put to sleep.There are no wake timers, a powercfg -requests enquiry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PeterCStiles, Jun 11, 2021.

1. windows 10 pc wakes immediately from sleep by itself

My windows 10 PC has recently started to wake itself up immediately after being put to sleep.There are no wake timers, a powercfg -requests enquiry comes up with nothing and I have disabled all usb devices from being able to wake the pc.So what have I forgotten?Peter

:)

PeterCStiles, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

Windows 10 - Wakes immediately from sleep.

Hello t4ord,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sleep mode saves the state of all open applications to memory, then powers down both the display panel and hard disk drive. However, if it often wakes up from Sleep mode, you need to change the Sleep settings under Power &
    sleep. You can also refer this link regarding shutdown, sleep,
    or hibernate your PC.

If that doesn’t help, kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: Restore default settings of power plan.

Let’s restore the power settings to its default and check if it makes any difference. To do that,

• Go to Control Panel and select Power Options.
    • Click on Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the option Restore default settings for this plan.

Method 2: I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the following article and see if it helps.

Let us know the results. Will be glad to assist you further, if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Computer wakes from sleep immediately after putting to sleep

The problem i have is when i select to put my PC into sleep mode (Start>Power icon>Sleep). The screen goes black as if its entering sleep mode, but then almost immediately 'wakes up' and my video cam starts looking for a face to scan.

I'm "assuming" this is related to Windows Hello.

Any suggestions?

If i say sleep, i want the pc to sleep!

-Thanks

***Modified title from: Windows Hello Stopping Sleep Mode***

Consultboy, Jun 11, 2021
  4. t4ord Win User

windows 10 pc wakes immediately from sleep by itself

Windows 10 - Wakes immediately from sleep.

Windows 10 Pro x-64, Ver. 1903 - With Sleep set, to 20 mun, it sleeps, but wakes immediately - within a few seconds. Curiously, the monitor, which is set to shut off at the same time, remains off. PC is a refurbished Dell 9010, with i-7 CPU..

t4ord, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 pc wakes immediately from sleep by itself

1. windows 10 pc wakes immediately from sleep by itself - Similar Threads - wakes immediately sleep

2. PC Wakes from sleep immediately and It will not go to sleep at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Wakes from sleep immediately and It will not go to sleep at all: Whenever I put my pc to sleep It immediately wakes back up right after it ticks off. I am at a loss of what I can do for this issue, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wakes-itself-up-from-sleep-mode/0c7209b0-5588-4cc1-acfa-54700429f3fcv I...
  3. PC Wakes from sleep immediately and It will not go to sleep at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Wakes from sleep immediately and It will not go to sleep at all: Whenever I put my pc to sleep It immediately wakes back up right after it ticks off. I am at a loss of what I can do for this issue, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wakes-itself-up-from-sleep-mode/0c7209b0-5588-4cc1-acfa-54700429f3fcv I...
  4. Win 11 PC immediately wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 PC immediately wakes from sleep: when selecting sleep as an option or simply letting the pc go to sleep on it's own it will display a black screen then immediately show the login screen.I've made sure to disable wake on LAN in my bios as well as disabled the option to wake the pc from each device in device...
  5. PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately: Hello, recently my pc instantly wakes up from sleep. I checked lastwake and got this:Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43ED&SUBSYS_43ED1849&REV_11\3&11583659&0&A0 Friendly Name: IntelR...
  6. PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps waking up from sleep immediately: Hello, recently my pc instantly wakes up from sleep. I checked lastwake and got this:Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_43ED&SUBSYS_43ED1849&REV_11\3&11583659&0&A0 Friendly Name: IntelR...
  7. PC Continually Waking itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Continually Waking itself from sleep: I basically went into a tech coma for a year and didn't do anything with my computer. In that time, my teenage son devastated my computer. Multiple crashes and virus infestations. I thought I had it cleaned up, but I am having doubts. My computer is constantly waking itself...
  8. PC Continually Waking itself from sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Continually Waking itself from sleep.: I basically went into a tech coma for a year and didn't do anything with my computer. In that time, my teenage son devastated my computer. Multiple crashes and virus infestations. I thought I had it cleaned up, but I am having doubts. My computer is constantly waking itself...
  9. Windows 10 - Wakes immediately from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Wakes immediately from sleep.: Windows 10 Pro x-64, Ver. 1903 - With Sleep set, to 20 mun, it sleeps, but wakes immediately - within a few seconds. Curiously, the monitor, which is set to shut off at the same time, remains off. PC is a refurbished Dell 9010, with i-7 CPU.....
  10. PC waking up by itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC waking up by itself from sleep: Since installing the 1903 update (running W10 Pro), I've noticed on several occasions that my PC has turned itself on from sleep... I've done some investigating and found the following is waking up the PC: [img] What is "Universal Orchestrator Idle Start" exactly and...