Windows 10: windows 10 pc wakes up from sleep into lock screen

Discus and support windows 10 pc wakes up from sleep into lock screen in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Instead of reverting to the last thing I was working on it wakes up into lock screen. I have noticed that just before it goes to sleep it momentarily... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by broglet, Feb 25, 2021.

1. broglet Win User

windows 10 pc wakes up from sleep into lock screen

Instead of reverting to the last thing I was working on it wakes up into lock screen. I have noticed that just before it goes to sleep it momentarily displays lock screen too. This is a very recent problem - it used to work correctly

:)

broglet, Feb 25, 2021
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update freezes at lock screen when waking from sleep

Getting Firefox v48.0.2 was a separate task. It wasn't meant to correct the "freezing" after waking from Sleep mode.

Question: Does the "freezing" persist after waking from Hibernate mode? See
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13770/windows-shut-down-sleep-hibernate-your-pc

=====================================================

FYI:

PA Bear - MS MVP, Feb 25, 2021
  4. windows 10 pc wakes up from sleep into lock screen

Lock screen not showing after waking computer from sleep

The past couple of times that I have shaken my mouse to wake my PC from sleep, the lock screen has not appeared. It has opened straight to the desktop. I've tried everything I can think of and some of the tips on the forum, but nothing helps. Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

DaveHB0909, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 pc wakes up from sleep into lock screen

1. windows 10 pc wakes up from sleep into lock screen - Similar Threads - wakes sleep lock

2. PC not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not waking up from sleep: I have an HP Pavilion All in One running Windows 11. It is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non use - setting as delivered. It has suddenly started to not wake up when pressing a keyboard key and I have to resort to forced power off and power up again. I have checked in...
  3. PC not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not waking up from sleep: I have an HP Pavilion All in One running Windows 11. It is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non use - setting as delivered. It has suddenly started to not wake up when pressing a keyboard key and I have to resort to forced power off and power up again. I have checked in...
  4. WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep

WIndows 10 will not wake up from sleep: I’ve been having something of a nightmare for the last 3 months with one of my self-built desktop PCs. It was built in 2014 based on a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB motherboard with an AMD FX-4130 CPU and has 16GB RAM. Originally it was a Windows 7 only machine installed on a Sandisk...
  5. PC wakes up from sleep mode

PC wakes up from sleep mode: I put PC to sleep, it usually only stays asleep for a few minutes and wakes back up.I Googled online and carried out following:In Power & sleep set up in 'allow wake timers'I set to disabled.No difference.Then found that you can see the cause by using CMD and running:...
  6. PC doesn't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC doesn't wake up from sleep: I have an iBuyPower pre-built desktop gaming PC that I bought late last year. Recently it's been having a problem. Whenever it goes to sleep, and when I try waking it up, it will act like it's waking up In the sense that the fan will spin up and the power LED goes steady...
  7. Windows 10 PC keeps waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 PC keeps waking up from sleep.: My PC keeps waking up from sleep every few minutes. Some time it can go longer without waking up. I've tried this solution but it didn't work. Here's my "powercfg -lastwake" output but I'm not sure what it means. submitted by /u/justAreallyLONGname [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 pc waking up from sleep instantly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 pc waking up from sleep instantly: Hello, My PC keeps waking up almost instantly every time I put it to sleep. The wake source is listed below. Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path:...
  9. Windows 10 - waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - waking up from sleep: Hi all, Just joined site as got nowhere else to turn to *Sad As of recently a week or 2 now, when I put my computer into sleep mode it goes to sleep no problem. I have enabled it to wake up either using my keyboard or mouse which is fine, but I know have noticed a...
  10. Windows 10 Waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Waking up from Sleep: When I wake up my PC from sleep, it stops at a picture like viewing from a cave to the ocean (shows date/time upper left and some icons lower right). It stops there until I click on the screen then goes to User name logon 'sign In'; where it stops again until I click on...