Windows 10: Windows 10 PC was attacked and attacker set restriction policies on my PC

Discus and support Windows 10 PC was attacked and attacker set restriction policies on my PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I was attacked by someone and right now I couldn't open Windows Defend. I cannot scan virus or have real time defense. My windows update was set to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TungVu2, May 1, 2020.

1. TungVu2 Win User

Windows 10 PC was attacked and attacker set restriction policies on my PC

Hi, I was attacked by someone and right now I couldn't open Windows Defend. I cannot scan virus or have real time defense. My windows update was set to auto reroll. Please help me gain my control back. This computer is my personal home computer. I have the administrator but I don't know how to get out of this situation.Windows 10 PC was attacked and attacker set restriction policies on my PC [​IMG]

Windows 10 PC was attacked and attacker set restriction policies on my PC [​IMG]

:)

TungVu2, May 1, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Ransomware attack on Windows 10 PCs.... question

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article, Click HERE

DaveM121, May 1, 2020
  3. rushfan3 Win User
    Ransomware attack on Windows 10 PCs.... question

This latest ransomware attack has me wondering something, because the glitch was found within Windows, as I am now unable to look at a complete list of updates outside of what was recently updated in Windows Updates.

In the Creators Update, there's no way of finding all of your updates. How do I know that the Creators Update is safe and secure from this latest ransomware attack?

rushfan3, May 1, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

About Ransomware attack

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article,
    Click HERE

DaveM121, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 PC was attacked and attacker set restriction policies on my PC - Similar Threads - was attacked attacker

2. Attack on Titan 2 on PC error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attack on Titan 2 on PC error: When I was playing attack on titan 2 I was trying to target the titan but it keeps hitting it before it reaches the titan. I tried to reinstall it and restart my PC but it didn't work. If someone knows how to fix this pls help I can;t continue any of the missions now:...
  3. resolving an attack on my pc by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resolving an attack on my pc by Microsoft: hi i have been hacked by microsoft again and this time they installed spotify on my pc . It appears as though it is hiding from me as I saw in the start menu first but is no longer there . How do I ensure the complete removal of this hack ? as well as , what agency or place...
  4. resolving an attack on my pc by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    resolving an attack on my pc by Microsoft: hi i have been hacked by microsoft again and this time they installed spotify on my pc . It appears as though it is hiding from me as I saw in the start menu first but is no longer there . How do I ensure the complete removal of this hack ? as well as , what agency or place...
  5. resolving an attack on my pc by Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Ransomeware Attack to My PC

Ransomeware Attack to My PC: My PC ran into a problem ,Some malware attacked to it it converted all the files to .orkf extension and encrypted it.How do I resolve this issue as my Files are very important to me...
  7. Ransomware attack on my PC

Ransomware attack on my PC: Yesterday I was attacked and they have encrypted all my files in system. They are asking for a ransom of 948 USD for decrypting key. Could anyone help on this. Posting text file received below for refrenceATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files...
  8. ransomware attack in my pc

ransomware attack in my pc: Date 26-06-2021 when I am update my windows 10 pro, suddenly .piiq virus its ransomware virus attack in my pcand my all files was encrypted with .piiq format and i don't now how to remove or decrypted from my pc.please can anyone help me. its really imp. data in my pc and i...
  9. Attack

Attack: I NEED TO SHUT DOWN MY SCHOOL SERVER. HELP? contact me for I.p address and details lets make it happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/attack/982fa328-11d5-4f29-ab80-a7caccd52143
  10. Malware .weui attack in my PC

Malware .weui attack in my PC: Sir, Today i.e. 03/12/2020 afternoon suddenly my all doc, excel, pdf, image, exe etc file extension was attached with .weui file extension and no file is opening. please help what to do now. Biswajit Dutta Guwahati Assam India...