Windows 10: Windows 10 PC was rebooted even when in active hours

Discus and support Windows 10 PC was rebooted even when in active hours in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; l theHello... I have a Windows 10 Home PC which has defined active hours to be since 8:00 to 20:00, however, at 09:36 PC was rebooted. This PC has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jaime Stuardo, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Windows 10 PC was rebooted even when in active hours

l theHello...

I have a Windows 10 Home PC which has defined active hours to be since 8:00 to 20:00, however, at 09:36 PC was rebooted. This PC has a software running unattended all the time.

I checked event log and the only thing I have seen is the following in System node a Kernel-General source event:

The operating system started at system time ‎2021‎-‎04‎-‎13T13:36:11.500000000Z.

Previous event was at 09:19 a Kernel-General source event:

The access history in hive \??\C:\Users\F\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\Settings\settings.dat was cleared updating 579 keys and creating 111 modified pages.

And before it, at 08:32 a WindowsUpdate event:

Installation Successful: Windows successfully installed the following update: 9PL3B0VQLQQ8-king.com.CandyCrushFriends

Why could this happen? Is there another way to know the reason?

Thanks

Jaime

:)

Jaime Stuardo, Apr 13, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Installing Updates and Restarting During my Active Hours?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the inconvenience caused to you as the Active Hour feature is not working as it should be.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that fix the issue.

Configuring active hours with Group Policy.

Please refer the section for Configure active hours
    and make the changes accordingly. If the PC installed with Windows 10 Pro then follow the steps under
    Configuring active hours with Group Policy and if it is
    Windows 10 Home then follow steps under Configuring active hours through Registry
    from this article: Manage device restarts after updates.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify
    the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry.

Please let us know the status of the issue,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 13, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 PC was rebooted even when in active hours

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

How long did you wait for activation?
    When I re-installed with a fresh install... it took a few hours to sync and activate.
    However, it did, finally, activate.

95Viper, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 PC was rebooted even when in active hours

1. Windows 10 PC was rebooted even when in active hours - Similar Threads - was rebooted active

2. multiple notifications about rebooting out of active hours

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    multiple notifications about rebooting out of active hours: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Version 1909 When I have an update ready to apply, I get a notification that the machine will reboot out of active hours, which I like. I click okay, and off it goes, only to reappear about 10 or maybe 20 minutes later, I'm not sure what the...
  3. Active Hours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Hours: Hi A while back, my fingerprint detector stopped working so I updated the driver. However, today, at 5pm, my fingerprint detector stopped. I went to update the driver, but it did not need to be updated, and I found that there has been an "Active Hours" system running, which...
  4. Active Hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Active Hours: My understanding of setting active hours is so that Window's doesn't download updates during that time so that I can work. I set my active hours to 6am-6pm, but right now my laptop is barely responsive because all the resources are going to downloading updates? It's 8:30am....
  5. Reboot is stuck on 65% for 10 hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reboot is stuck on 65% for 10 hours: I was trying to "Recover" Windows 10 on my ASUS laptop . The laptop shows 65% complete the working wheel is spinning but no recovery is happening. Any thoughts?...
  6. Time lag an hour on Windows 10 reboots

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time lag an hour on Windows 10 reboots: Dear sirs, each time Windows 10 starts and I enter as administrator the clock is an hour before the correct time. I live in Italy and the hour is GTM +1 as Berlino, Vienna and Stockholm. I've tried to set the automatic hour setting but without success. I have a notebook...
  7. Windows 10 active hours

Windows 10 active hours: Hello, I have some pc's that are using the 1607 LTSB windows version. On these machines the maximum number of hours that you can set as active is 12 and I have set the active hours from 8am to 2am.Also I have set the computers to restart every Monday at 5am. However I...
  8. Active Hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Active Hours: This is part 3 of my "Windows 10 Readiness Questions" thing. Windows doesn't restart outside of Active Hours when you're using the computer, but what if I'm away from it for even an hour? 139662
  9. Active hours

Active hours: Are there any plans to give users the option to disable active hours entirely on Win10 Home? this is probably the most hated and unneeded "feature" ever to come out from you guys, and with good reason. If i step away from my computer, and said computer is on, its a given...
  10. Active Hours

Active Hours: I want to turn off Active Hours in Windows Update, I don't want to change Active Hours because it's not updating on its own regardless of the hours I put in. Again: I wish to disable/turn off "Change Active Hours"...