Windows 10: Windows 10 pc will not bootup

Discus and support Windows 10 pc will not bootup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! My pc will not boot up. It starts to boot I get the post screen then a small window and a circle of little dots. Then the screen goes blank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by colin higton, May 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 pc will not bootup

Hello!

My pc will not boot up.

It starts to boot I get the post screen then a small window and a circle of little dots.

Then the screen goes blank and after about 30 secs the system restarts, this happens 3 times then I get the advanced recovery screen.

If I choose command mode, it comes up with X: \windows\system32

If I then run CHKDSK the result is very quick and says:

Windows has checked the file and found problems.

Run CHKDSK with the /F (fix) option to correct these.

If I run CHKDSK /F ,I get this result:

The type of file system is NTFS.

Cannot lock drive.

Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected.

If I run CHKDSK C: the result is No problems found.

Any ideas would be helpful.

PS: I have already formatted the c: drive and re-installed windows 10.

:)

colin higton, May 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 3, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 3, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

Windows 10 pc will not bootup

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 pc will not bootup

1. Windows 10 pc will not bootup - Similar Threads - bootup

2. Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?: On bootup with my headphone on I can immediately hear my echo or any sounds, there's no way to turn it off without fully disabling the microphone. Have tried messing with mic input device but no help. Any recommendation?No apps open can hear the built in mic in...
  3. Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my microphone on at bootup and streaming what it hears with no apps open?: On bootup with my headphone on I can immediately hear my echo or any sounds, there's no way to turn it off without fully disabling the microphone. Have tried messing with mic input device but no help. Any recommendation?No apps open can hear the built in mic in...
  4. BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup: Hi, My laptop has issue when cold starting in the morning after a shutdown. It goes into BSOD with errors popping up at times and have to force restart twice to go into my profile and then works just fine once powered on. My main recent issue is there is startup repair...
  5. BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup

BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - Issue with bootup: Hi, My laptop has issue when cold starting in the morning after a shutdown. It goes into BSOD with errors popping up at times and have to force restart twice to go into my profile and then works just fine once powered on. My main recent issue is there is startup repair...
  6. What is run.vbs...windows defender is detecting it as virus every time i bootup...should i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is run.vbs...windows defender is detecting it as virus every time i bootup...should i...: Inside the Appdata Update There was a file named Run.vbs and Microsoft defender is detecting this file as a virus each and every time I boot up windows.What should I do, Should I delete the run.vbs file Or should I delete the whole "Update" folder Inside which it is located...
  7. What is run.vbs...windows defender is detecting it as virus every time i bootup...should i...

What is run.vbs...windows defender is detecting it as virus every time i bootup...should i...: Inside the Appdata Update There was a file named Run.vbs and Microsoft defender is detecting this file as a virus each and every time I boot up windows.What should I do, Should I delete the run.vbs file Or should I delete the whole "Update" folder Inside which it is located...
  8. Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update: Since the most recent update my laptop always disables the touchpad when I boot it up.I didn't change any settings, I don't use an external mouse.The first thing I need to do is enable it again. In the device manager the setting "pc can disable device to save power" is...
  9. Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update

Windows 11 always disables touchpad on bootup since update: Since the most recent update my laptop always disables the touchpad when I boot it up.I didn't change any settings, I don't use an external mouse.The first thing I need to do is enable it again. In the device manager the setting "pc can disable device to save power" is...
  10. Windows 10 BSOD upon bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD upon bootup: I get a blue screen with an error message "Whea Uncorrectable Error" sometimes when I start my computer. It usually happens when I've just logged in. It seems that the blue screen is more likely to occur if I haven't used my computer for a long time maybe say 1 day or longer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. which is the bootup file that windows 10 needs to boot up from in system32