Windows 10: Windows 10 PC will suddenly not run games or certain programs

Discus and support Windows 10 PC will suddenly not run games or certain programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, Suddenly started having issues with my PC in regards to running games and certain apps. Steam will not boot at all, cannot run any games from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JoshBerry1, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 PC will suddenly not run games or certain programs

Hi all,

Suddenly started having issues with my PC in regards to running games and certain apps. Steam will not boot at all, cannot run any games from starting them from the icon either . Xbox game pass will load up, but when I press 'play' on a game nothing happens.

I can't run an antivirus as the program will load, but again when I try to scan the program is unresponsive.

However I can use the internet, discord, spotify etc totally fine.

I haven't downloaded anything recently - the PC has been off for a few days where it was working fine, turned it on today and this has happened.

Any advice?

Thanks

:)

JoshBerry1, Sep 4, 2020

2. 0xc000007b error while trying to run games

Hi,

One possible reason as to why you're encountering this concern is due to compatibility issues with the game and the Windows 10 PC. For us to determine the root cause, kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you download the games from the Windows Store?
    • What are the games affected?

To find out if your Windows 10 PC meets the game requirements, kindly visit this

link
    and follow the steps on how to find out if a game will work on your Windows 10 PC.

If the same issue occurs after finding out that your device meets the game requirements, kindly perform the followings steps to run the games in compatibility mode:

• Press and hold (or right-click) the program, select Properties, and then select the Compatibility tab.
    • Select the Run compatibility troubleshooter to run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.

Catherine Cus., Sep 4, 2020
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Windows 10 PC will suddenly not run games or certain programs

Games folder suddenly empty Windows 10

Using Windows 10. This morning the games folder was suddenly empty. I found instructions that were for Windows 7 on how to turn on games, and tried to use the same method, but when I went to "turn windows features on and off" in the Windows 10 control
    panel, 'games' isn't on the list. Any suggestions?

joesoup(2), Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 PC will suddenly not run games or certain programs

1. Windows 10 PC will suddenly not run games or certain programs - Similar Threads - suddenly run games

2. pc bluescreen on certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc bluescreen on certain games.: launched starfield got bsod, here is mini dump bugg check************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true...
  3. pc bluescreen on certain games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc bluescreen on certain games.: launched starfield got bsod, here is mini dump bugg check************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true...
  4. Sudden reboots during certain games

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sudden reboots during certain games: Hey everyone, I've been having some trouble with my desktop PC since a little while, and I can't find the problem to it. I was wondering if anyone has any idea as to how this keeps happening and what I can do to fix it. The problem is this: It started while playing...
  5. Game bar doesn't remember that certain programs are games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game bar doesn't remember that certain programs are games.: As the tin says, no matter how many times I hit Win+G, when the prompt comes up asking "is this a game?", I hit 'Yes', and then the prompt goes away, except I could do that literally 3 seconds after, and it asks AGAIN. What's worse, is it doesn't recognise the MCC collection...
  6. game suddenly wont run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game suddenly wont run: i installed a game and it worked just fine even thought it had some crashes, but at least it worked. suddenly the game just wont run like no thing happens literally when i try to run it. i had tried to reinstall it, but it didn't fix the problem. why is that happening and how...
  7. Certain programs no longer running automatically at startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Certain programs no longer running automatically at startup?: Has anyone noticed this recently? I have a handful of programs, none of which are related, that no longer run automatically at startup. I'm wondering if a recent update did something. submitted by /u/grizzlypass [link] [comments]...
  8. My PC gets restarted suddenly when playing a game or running a program.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My PC gets restarted suddenly when playing a game or running a program.: My PC keeps getting suddenly restarted with no reason, i checked my CPU temperature and its around 50-55 Celsius in games or big programs. i tried to disable ''Auto-restart'' in Complex Computer Settings but no luck....
  9. Cant run certain app program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant run certain app program: I clean my registry. But i 4got to back it up.now, i cant click "file folder>options".Cant use system restore "error 0x80073b01 the resource cache doesnt have loaded mui entry" both in safe mode and normal mode.. And repairing windows failed.please help...
  10. Cannot reset Windows and certain Programs will not run

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot reset Windows and certain Programs will not run: I've been having issues with my laptop after accidentally downloading,malicious software. Essentially the symptoms seem to point to a rootkit but I cannot be sure. I backed up my data to an external hard rive but when trying to reset or refresh or even just booting in...