Windows 10: Windows 10 PC wont boot (bootres.dll corrupt)

Discus and support Windows 10 PC wont boot (bootres.dll corrupt) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Here is the current situation of my computer running Windows 10. When I boot the computer is says Diagnosing your PC and then switches to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by savid5, Dec 20, 2018.

1. savid5 Win User

Windows 10 PC wont boot (bootres.dll corrupt)

Hello, Here is the current situation of my computer running Windows 10.

When I boot the computer is says Diagnosing your PC and then switches to Attempting Repairs.

After that I get the message:

E:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt

In the file SrtTrail.txt it says:

Root cause found:

Boot critical file E:\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt.

Repair action: File repair

Result: Failed. Error code = 0x4005

Also unable to boot into Safemode

I searched the web and found a utility called DISM but unable to get it to work. Note that I am running this from the Windows 10 installer.

Any suggestions on steps to take to try and fix this corrupt bootres.dll

Thanks Ken

:)

savid5, Dec 20, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 20, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 PC wont boot (bootres.dll corrupt) - Similar Threads - wont boot bootres

2. Corrupted DLL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted DLL: I have a corrupted DLL file on my computer that is preventing Windows Update from running through Settings.DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: InPageCoFireError Status Code: c000009cFaulting Media Type:...
  3. Corrupted DLL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted DLL: I have a corrupted DLL file on my computer that is preventing Windows Update from running through Settings.DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: InPageCoFireError Status Code: c000009cFaulting Media Type:...
  4. Windows 10 Appears Corrupted Computer Wont Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Appears Corrupted Computer Wont Boot: The computer I have doesn't boot. It goes into an automatic repair mode, but I get a "could not repair PC" message back. I select the advanced option then troubleshoot and tried to use the system restore function but got a "no restore points created message". I then tried...
  5. PC wont boot

PC wont boot: your pc ran into trouble is the error i get when i try to boot up , so i got my widows drive formatted on another working pc and tried to do a clean win 10 installation from a bootable usb stick which i downloaded from microsoft mediacreation but as soon as the logo appears...
  6. corrupted dll files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corrupted dll files: Can resetting a windows 10 pc fix corrupted dll files like riched20?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-dll-files/6f1752aa-53db-42e8-8202-687b2cea52a3
  7. PC wont boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC wont boot: My pc wont go into windows auto repair mode either, I tried restarting it 3 times, 5 times and even 8. When my keyboard is plugged in and I start I I'm stuck on BIOS loading screen. When my keyboard is not plucked in I come into the American Megatrends menu but I cant press...
  8. PC wont boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC wont boot: This morning my mouse buttons were not working properly so I uninstalled and reinstalled the software but made no difference. I then went to safe mode but it was still the same. Finally I done a system restore, but when it finished and restarted I had a much bigger problem....
  9. Corrupted VCRUNTIME140.DLL / MSVCP140.DLL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted VCRUNTIME140.DLL / MSVCP140.DLL: Hi I'm getting a message saying that VCRUNTIME140.DLL / MSVCP140.DLL Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop_14.0.27810.0_x86 is either corrupted or not intended for the computer a PC. There are other versions installed. If re-installing it will fix it, how do I get hold of...
  10. PC Wont Boot

PC Wont Boot: My PC wont boot. When I power on it goes into an automatic repair mode which takes maybe 5 minutes to load. From there I am asked what keyboard layout I have. Next I have 2 options: 1. Troubleshoot 2. Turn off your PC If I choose to troubleshoot I have the following...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hard boot for bootress.dll corrupt file

2. repair windows bootres.dll

3. windows 10 attempting repairs loop bootres.dll

4. bootres.dll bsod,
  5. bootres.dll is corrupt windows only boots in safemode,
  6. bootres.dll corrupt windows 10,
  7. 1803 bootres.dll thoroughboot,
  8. bootres.dll corrupt windows 10 manually,
  9. bootres.dll to non working hard drive,
  10. bootres.dll location in windows 10,
  11. bootres.dll is corrupt,
  12. bootres.dll corrupt searches on e drive and not on c drive,
  13. e:\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll is corrupt unable to upgrade to 1803,
  14. windows 10 bootres replace,
  15. bootres.dll corrupt win10 wont boot