Windows 10: Windows 10 pc won't recognize keyboard nor mouse after blackout

Discus and support Windows 10 pc won't recognize keyboard nor mouse after blackout in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I was working on my pc the other day and suddenly a power shortage happened. After the power came back I turned on my pc only to find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by leonel1497, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Windows 10 pc won't recognize keyboard nor mouse after blackout

Hello everyone. I was working on my pc the other day and suddenly a power shortage happened. After the power came back I turned on my pc only to find that neither the keyboard nor the mouse worked. I tried plugging them on different USB ports and it doesn't work either, in fact every time I plug any of them a notification shows saying that windows failed to recognize them. I have also tried restoring which didn't work either. I tried a different keyboard on my pc and it worked perfectly and I also tried the devices that the pc won't recognize on my laptop and they work just fine as well, so I don't really know what the problem is.

:)

leonel1497, Mar 13, 2019
  2. devnull Win User

Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

Thanks, but how would I be able to do any of the things that you suggest when Windows is not recognizing either my keyboard or my mouse?

I'll mention that I do intend to purchase a *wired* USB keyboard and mouse today and try them, but I'm not optimistic that they will be recognized by Windows either.

devnull, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

Greetings folks,

As of yesterday I have ran into the exact same problem as devnull...

... And I found a solution that worked for me.

This is where I got the information from:
    Recent Windows 10 Update breaks USB Mouse and Keyboard on Dell 3040 - Page 2 - Windows 10 Support

Here is the step by step "guide" i used to fix the problem:

Step 1
    Do the 3x power off thing to get to your system restore menu

Step 2
    Get the command prompt going

Step 3
    Type: Bcdedit /enum

Step 4
    Find: osdevice
    and see what drive it is set to. With me it was drive g: but it may be something different on your computer

Step 5
    Type: Dism /Image:G:\ /Remove-Package /PackageNameWindows 10 pc won't recognize keyboard nor mouse after blackout :package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~16299.248.1.17

Note that I used Image:G because my osdevice was set to that drive. Refer to step 4 to see what yours is.

Step 6
    After this is finished, shut down your pc via the winre menu and start it up again.

Step 7
    Pray to whatever diety you believe in that this fixed the issue like it did for me.

Additionally, I disabled windows update until they fixed the issue.

Flying Dutchy, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 pc won't recognize keyboard nor mouse after blackout

windows 10 home x64 won´t recognize my second xeon

I have a dual xeon computer (xeon e5620). I upgraded this week to Windows 10 home and now my pc won´t recognize my second processor. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Vitor RF Rodrigues, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 pc won't recognize keyboard nor mouse after blackout

1. Windows 10 pc won't recognize keyboard nor mouse after blackout - Similar Threads - won't recognize keyboard

2. KEYBOARD RECOGNIZED AS MOUSE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KEYBOARD RECOGNIZED AS MOUSE.: hello, im using asus rog x13, windows 11, this problmes happened recently, my laptop keyboard isn't working and when i opened device manager, it shows that my keyboard location is at my mouse which is Razer orochi v2 been using it for few weeks. I've tried updating the driver...
  3. KEYBOARD RECOGNIZED AS MOUSE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KEYBOARD RECOGNIZED AS MOUSE.: hello, im using asus rog x13, windows 11, this problmes happened recently, my laptop keyboard isn't working and when i opened device manager, it shows that my keyboard location is at my mouse which is Razer orochi v2 been using it for few weeks. I've tried updating the driver...
  4. Mouse Recognized As Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Recognized As Keyboard: I got a new computer today, and once I set it up, I realized how high the mouse speed was. I was looking into ways to turn it down, but none of the options shown in the videos appear. I went into the control panel, then the devices tab and my mouse was recognized as a...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard not recognized after Windows 10 Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and Keyboard not recognized after Windows 10 Restart: New HP Pavilion, 3 weeks old. Win 10 - 1909. All up to date with drivers, etc. If I use the Win "Start - Power - Restart" command, I get the splash screen for sign-on, but my mouse and keyboard are not recognized, and I can't proceed. I've had to do hard power reset to...
  6. Windows 10 will not recognize usb mouse or keyboard

Windows 10 will not recognize usb mouse or keyboard: Hello I have an issue with a Lenovo IdeaCentre, it will not recognize mouse and keyboard. It only sees them when I am in bios. I tried doing a factory reset but it wont do it either. I can log in safe mode but the same issue no keyboard and mouse. When it boots up it stops...
  7. Mouse recognized as a keyboard

Mouse recognized as a keyboard: When I plugged in my mouse into my pc it seems to flash the leds on the mouse also it doesn't want work. When I went into the device control panel I realized my mouse was show as a keyboard not a mouse. Sometimes the mouse works fine but I can't use the Razer program for...
  8. Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update

Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update: Not sure what sub this should go in so I'm going to post here. I had an update and restart for windows and now it isn't recognizing the mouse or keyboard. The USB ports have power and my mouse's decorative lights are on but my keyboard won't light up, and no input on either...
  9. Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update: Not sure what sub this should go in so I'm going to post here. I had an update and restart for windows and now it isn't recognizing the mouse or keyboard. The USB ports have power and my mouse's decorative lights are on but my keyboard won't light up, and no input on either...
  10. Keyboard nor mouse working. Computer won't boot up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard nor mouse working. Computer won't boot up.: Im running windows 10 and my computer will not boot up. Keyboard and mouse both NOT working. I changed different to usb ports thinking that might help but to no avail..please help me. It was working fine a few days ago. Its a dell optiplex745....